Author Topic: Respec an NPC  (Read 2692 times)

Sakura Tenshi

• Minion
Respec an NPC
« on: March 03, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
Basically, in this thread, we take a look at some of our favorite NPCs we fight (or fight alongside) in game and give list out some new powers we think would fit them more.

Starting things off, I feel like Statesman could have benefitted from mixing up elements of Shield Defense (since the man was inspired by the Greek Hoplite formations which he even named his super group after), willpower (to show a difference between Statesman and dimensional counterparts: Primal Marcus didn't fall to villainy because he had the WILL to stay on his path)

Defensive powers: Deflection, Battle Agility, Phalanx Fighting, Grant Cover, Against all Odds, Rise to the Challenge, Strength of Will, Tactics (plus some slightly toned down resistances to say: 80 or 75 plus mez protection)

The idea being to show Statesman a bit more in game-mechanics as not just a tough brute, but also an experienced fighting veteran who tries to work alongside his teammates (and thus becomes a massive PIA to fight granting some decent defenses to already tough allies, nevermind he himself being a bit dodgy), and also an opponent who seems draw strength the worse the odds seem against him (not to mention Rise compounding with his defenses and AoO meaning his attacks become massively more painful if one isn't careful)

Offensive wise, I think he's fine. At most, I'd consider actually dropping footstomp (for aesthetic reasons, it just wouldn't do for him to use that while flying), and maybe Punch he'd be slightly less 'instant-deathy' to melee teams (or unwise MM players)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Respec an NPC
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:16:35 AM »
I wanted to see more Flower Knight.  She was in the outbreak tutorial, but scrapped in the Galaxy City tutorial.  The Galaxy City tutorial didn't even have Galaxy Girl in it.  The Galaxy City tutorial felt a lot like CO's tutorial, it can be so spoon fed.  The old tutorial, you could rescue Flower Knight then go back and battle the afflected for the badge.  You could even play it wrong.  I by-passed FK and killed everything then went back and rescued her.  Another time, I got her killed.  There was even one time when I got killed on purpose just because.

Anyway, Flower Knight could need rescuing in around the teens levels.  It seems to me that Fusionette was a lot like Flower Knight, but she is level 20-ish.

I also wanted to see Sunstorm go on missions with Warshades and Peacebringers.  Maybe you have to rescue him from the Voids.  I like having a contact to mentor my character through the game.  A contact that you can always turn to for a mission or new contact.

Also, Kalinda should have needed rescued or kidnapped a time to two.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:35:23 PM »
Should give Citadel a quick recharging rez power so he might one day actually have to be targeted at the end of LRSF.

Sakura Tenshi

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 09:54:26 PM »
I wanted to see more Flower Knight.  She was in the outbreak tutorial, but scrapped in the Galaxy City tutorial.
Anyway, Flower Knight could need rescuing in around the teens levels.  It seems to me that Fusionette was a lot like Flower Knight, but she is level 20-ish.

That's a pretty good point, I will admit, in my own times interacting with her, I never got the impression Flower Knight actually would have had powers beyond archery, at least nothing nearly as flashy as what most blaster manipulations or defender sets go. However, I suppose martial combat would have been a good pick.

Should give Citadel a quick recharging rez power so he might one day actually have to be targeted at the end of LRSF.

Ouch, vee. Going right for the throat there, huh?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
I have no respect for any of the NPC heroes.

How many times did we fight off a Ritki Invasion, or a supernatural takeover by a giant pumpkin man or snowmen or zombies right in front of City Hall in Atlas Park and Miss Liberty just STOOD there and did nothing!

I mean, jeez, do SOMETHING to help.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 05:29:21 AM »

How many times did we fight off a Ritki Invasion, or a supernatural takeover by a giant pumpkin man or snowmen or zombies right in front of City Hall in Atlas Park and Miss Liberty just STOOD there and did nothing!

Maybe she buffed us with out animation.
Maybe she debuffed the Rikti also with no animation.

I once kicked somebody who was just standing around when my team was fighting (not being power-leveled).
I watched him and decided that we didn't need the dead weight.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2018, 12:05:09 AM »

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Maybe she's too good for us or she's letting the "new heroes" get the experience.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 01:36:52 AM »
Maybe she buffed us with out animation.
Maybe she debuffed the Rikti also with no animation.

I once kicked somebody who was just standing around when my team was fighting (not being power-leveled).
I watched him and decided that we didn't need the dead weight.

Guess my hero "Door Sit Lad" wouldn't have been welcome....

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 02:21:25 AM »
Guess my hero "Door Sit Lad" wouldn't have been welcome....

I should add that, I did run demon farms and such.  The above instance was around level 13-ish, he probably was just AFK and forgot to tell anyone, oops.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 09:46:19 PM »
The Galaxy City tutorial didn't even have Galaxy Girl in it.

Well, she WAS all dead. I know that doesn't always stop a Hero but it seems to have put the kibosh on her career. ;-)

Unless you meant the big statue, in which case it was off in the background of the boss fight, as I recall. That's probably why you wouldn't see it in the tutorial zone today - That was actually TWO zones in the live game.

I'm pretty sure that there's a "Ruined Galaxy City" mission map that has her statue in the background as well.

Really, as far as I'm concerned, the destruction of Galaxy City is a Highlander 2 or Terminator 3 situation - Best all around if we just pretend it never even existed. (Unfortunately, we can't pull a Sara Connor Chronicles and completely erase it from existence.)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 09:52:39 PM by slickriptide »