Author Topic: Jessica Jones season 2  (Read 4234 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Jessica Jones season 2
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:25:21 PM »
Featuring the Whizzer of all people.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Jessica Jones season 2
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:33:01 PM »
The Whizzer should have had her look into his paternity issues. "I may have two mutant children, depending on what decade it is and which version of Kang is visiting this week."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 10:20:56 PM »
The Whizzer should have had her look into his paternity issues. "I may have two mutant children, depending on what decade it is and which version of Kang is visiting this week."

And one of those children may be a mongoose.

The subplots are distracting this season.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 11:17:22 PM »
Featuring the Whizzer of all people.

That was the The Whizzer?! It didn't look like him at all.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »

Fat neckbeard is the new skinny old guy.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 03:06:58 AM »

Which is why he helpfully mentioned he was called the Whizzer, wore bright yellow, and was hung up on his mongoose.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
I'm through ep 6 now and so far the big question for me is whether the fun fact about the 600 lb octopus was learned from a gross anime or miraculated a bunch of gross anime into retroactive existence.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 10:08:09 PM »
I like that Jessica mentioned Cloak & Dagger twice. I thought that was interesting.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 12:25:24 PM »
Weird thing I was bothered by:  when Inez dropped Malcolm's flat screen TV and they gave it the sound of breaking glass.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 08:59:10 PM »
Episode 7 was a bit of a jarring jaunt back in time.  If not for Arrow, it'd make me wish for flashbacks.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2018, 09:27:00 PM »
Episode 7 was a bit of a jarring jaunt back in time.  If not for Arrow, it'd make me wish for flashbacks.

If it were Arrow every Marvel Netflix U villain would have been in the car crash.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2018, 11:18:20 PM »
Finished. Meh. Marvel really needs to figure out that if they don't have enough material for 13 50 minute eps there's nothing forcing them to do that many. That could have easily been 10 eps with the run times cut down too.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I realize they wanted to use Kilgrave because David Tennant but the hallucination episode is well beyond played at this point.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 09:44:18 PM »
What an awful ending.  Trish was terrible all season. 

Overall this season is probably my least favorite of the Marvel Netflix Originals.  As cliche as it was, though, I enjoyed the Kilgrave episode.

Hopefully they don't try to do a Hellcat spin-off.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2018, 04:27:25 AM »
I liked Season 2. I thought the ending was satisfying. Yes, Trish is an unlikable character. But, Trish's mother is worse. Two problems I have is
Spoiler for Hidden:
Simpson getting killed off early and on the last episode when Trish just got out of the hospital and immediately knew where Jessica was at when she just ask the officer where was Jessica. Then, she magically teleport from NYC to Upstate, NY and perfectly shoots Alisa point blank. :o Jessica shouldn't be mad at Malcolm. It wasn't all his fault.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 04:35:46 AM by Dev7on »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 04:42:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
yeah she can headshot a woman on a ferris wheel at night from 50 yards with a handgun but doesn't realize she has superpowers until she catches a phone with her foot. I've caught stuff i've dropped with my foot plenty of times before and it doesn't even qualify me to play hackey sack, much less be a superhero.

I was kind of hoping she'd not have powers from the surgery so they could move away from self-destructive stuff toward the healthy, natural acquisition of superpowers by stealing magical garments. though as much as I didn't care for this season I still like Trish a million times better than I ever liked comics Hellcat.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 06:37:33 AM »
I liked Season 2. I thought the ending was satisfying.

What Jessica said to Trish in the denouement echoed my feelings:  yeah, it probably had to end that way, but it didn't have to be Trish who did it.  It felt slightly premature in its suddeness, which combined with the involvement of Trish just threw any meaningful resolution out the window.  All of the silly little subplot character arcs were pretty unsatisfying, too.  Jeri, Pryce, Malcolm...

And then there's Oscar.  I hated that guy early on, and then the not-a-jackass turn gave me whiplash, but the custody/kidnapping side story was so utterly pointless...  I'm not sure all of that was necessary or worth it just to use him to show some hope for Jessica at the end.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
And then there's Oscar. I hated that guy early on, and then the not-a-jackass turn gave me whiplash, but the custody/kidnapping side story was so utterly pointless...  I'm not sure all of that was necessary or worth it just to use him to show some hope for Jessica at the end.

I hope Oscar and Jessica don't have a long term relationship. That would be pointless. I'd would rather have Jessica be with Luke Cage because they're married in the comics.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 01:00:51 AM »
What an awful ending.  Trish was terrible all season. 

Overall this season is probably my least favorite of the Marvel Netflix Originals.  As cliche as it was, though, I enjoyed the Kilgrave episode.

Hopefully they don't try to do a Hellcat spin-off.

Funny. I'm completely opposite on this.

I thought Trish was great all season.  I absolutely hate whiny emo teens and Jessica is what you would get if a whiny emo teen never grew out of that phase.  I have never liked her even the slightest bit... ok, so I like her slightly more than Danny Rand but that's only because Kristin has more acting talent. For me the series is about the secondary characters, not Jessica.  And Trish was the best of them this season.

I didn't think this season was quite as good as the first but Kilgrave made the first season great.  And it's certainly not as good as Daredevil. But I did think it was far better than Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and The Defenders. Again, all of those series had weak secondary characters, especially the villains.  Cage started out good with Cottonmouth but once he was gone so was all of the entertainment value.

And hell yeah I hope they make a Hellcat series and drop Jessica Jones unless the writers decide to make her grow the hell up.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 02:17:22 AM »
Jessica generally doesn't seem whiny.  Trish, on the other hand is a Veruca.  I want powers now, now, NOW!  She doesn't care who gets hurt as long as she gets what she wants.  Jessica is self-destructive, but Trish destroys others for her selfish goals.  Trish doesn't grow, meanwhile despite setbacks Jessica has been coming out of her darkness bit by bit.  And I hate Trish's face.  Narrow eyes and an evil Judy puppet face.  I could get past the face if the character wasn't a garbage Veruca.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2018, 05:00:25 AM »
Jessica doesn't seem whiny?  Other than when she is trying to con somebody I don't think she has had even one conversation where she doesn't talk about one thing or another is so horrible for her.

And the wanting it now is perfectly in character for Trish.  She was a TV star then a music star and has had sycophants around her for her entire life.  And she has grown incredibly since season 1. Yes she is still about getting what she wants but before she wanted it for herself while now she wants it so she can help others because she realized just how shallow and vapid she had been.

And come to think of it that is probably the main thing that endears her to me so much.  She actually wants and enjoys whatever powers or boosts she gets. I'm really tired of super beings who complain about what a burden it is to have powers and how their life was ruined.