Author Topic: I need a green room map for recording, help please?  (Read 5253 times)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
I need a green room map for recording, help please?
« on: March 19, 2018, 03:31:18 AM »
For both paragon chat and icon... Does anyone have this? It would greatly help out with recording scenes that require multiple characters fighting and the paragon chat server has way too much lag at times and plus the fx restrictions prevent me from doing certain things so I have to fall back on icon for that. The map needs to be green on the floor, ceiling and walls for use in recording and video editing in sony vegas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl01EeSWDvg

Also it's been some time since I added a custom map to icon (someone made a really nice winter resort map) and I don't even remember how to do this so instructions please :)

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
Re: I need a green room map for recording, help please?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 06:49:35 PM »
nobody huh? I can't be the only recording nut that would benefit from this.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 09:13:56 PM »
I know GuyPerfect explained a method to me one time for replacing the default sky in the demo playback with a solid color, but that was so long ago now that I can't remember so much as the first step toward doing so.

Which is basically to say that what you're wanting to do is entirely feasible.  You just have to find someone that remembers how.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Ron P

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 10:08:13 PM »
nobody huh? I can't be the only recording nut that would benefit from this.

You can key out any single solid color. It doesn't have to be green. You can also do Luma key which basically keys out by how dark a color is ie black. I am guessing it might be possible to make a pure black super base but I haven't tried it.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 04:40:54 PM »
You can key out any single solid color. It doesn't have to be green. You can also do Luma key which basically keys out by how dark a color is ie black. I am guessing it might be possible to make a pure black super base but I haven't tried it.

Black erases too much as i've used black by going thru the walls in a tech map and so does blue from a null map. It needs to be that bright green or some other color perhaps... I'm using creys folly green fog at 3pm time setting in the sky right now and it isn't perfect but it works better than black.

Unless I'm not understanding something, im using chroma keyer in sony vegas 14. Currently with that fog I still have to go thru each frame in some shots mask it.

Ron P

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2018, 05:05:34 PM »
Luma key will work ok IF you are using colors that are not completely black (dark grey) and depending on your software adjust what it is keying out as that darkest specific black and not some of the other darker colors. That is assuming you can get a wall to be completely black.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 02:30:23 PM »
When I want a solid background color to remove, I go to the bottom of the map, as in the very bottom as if you fell through a crack: enable no clip and move down.  I think the height coordinate is -2000.
Paragon City maps are light in color (I think blue), Rogue Isle maps are darker (gray?), and I cannot recall the color for Praetoria maps.