Author Topic: Name the 14th Anniversary badge!  (Read 16892 times)

Lycantropus

• Elite Boss
Re: Name the 14th Anniversary badge!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 04:14:09 AM »
Voted! :)

Lyc~

FarenHeight

• Underling
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2018, 04:09:08 AM »
Oh HI!

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2018, 01:41:32 PM »
Did anyone receive the new Badge and Title at the event Saturday?

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2018, 02:49:22 PM »
Voting hasn't ended, goes through today.

KidKourage

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2018, 01:46:38 AM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2018, 02:30:40 AM »
So if I go make a character called Gobstopper to go with this will someone be able to give me a "Tastes like snozzberries" gold title?

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2018, 03:25:58 AM »
I could not get behind you.  I was stunned that nomination was allowed being neither accurate nor in the spirit of the contest.

I'm surprised you're allowed, being neither accurate nor in the spirit of the contest. (I'm only being cheeky, don't go nuts. :D) But seriously, by your own criteria, Everlasting is even less accurate than Resurgent, because the game is even less everlasting than it is resurgent. (Hint: because it... didn't turn out to be everlasting.)

The weird part is, you did get behind me: as my post suggested, the community isn't resurgent... so why vote for an anniversary badge title that claims it is? (You'll notice that it was a runner up--meaning a significant portion of voters somehow disagree with both of us.)

But you're again inaccurate to imply the Titan Network is the community. It isn't. The wider community is spread across spiritual successors and other forums where veterans gather to either reminisce or collectively soldier on (or both). The Titan Network, as you kind of point out, makes up a tiny slice of that pie. I think you're overlooking how big and delicious this pie is. 

But this is why Resurgent might one day apply: these anniversary badges aren't game badges as much as they're community badges. And in that spirit, I totally agree with you that Everlasting is an appropriate badge; I even agree with you that Resurgent isn't. But I very much disagree that it couldn't ever be -- if the community earned it, with a lot of hard work that's admittedly unprecedented for an MMO community. But if you're "stunned" that Resurgent is even allowed, maybe you have less faith in the folks in this community than you ought to.

(drumroll) patriarch

No.

Youbseep

• Underling
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
resurgent or everlasting"/:)

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
    • CoH Faces Profile