Author Topic: Having So Much Fun In Paragon Chat! It's Actually Kinda Sad  (Read 3466 times)

KenRyan

• Underling
My wife and I just discovered Paragon Chat yesterday and are traveling around in Paragon City today. We re-created 2 of our old CoH characters and can see each other! This is AMAZING! It's also kind of sad. It's wonderful to visit the old haunts again, and to have travel powers. But without game play, it's a bit hollow and makes me long for the game.

Sigh. I really am wanting to play again. I guess I have to wait until City of Titans is ready, which isn't looking like it will be any time this decade.

Still I am really loving this.

TargetZero

• Underling
Re: Having So Much Fun In Paragon Chat! It's Actually Kinda Sad
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 02:16:54 AM »
Hi KenRyan,
I know how you feel. I was a 10 year veteran when CoH/CoV closed down.
I felt so elated when I was able to move around the city again, but it seems apocalyptic how vacant it is.
-No people walking on the streets.
-No cars hitting you and evasively pushing you aside, etc.

Unfortunately, not even other players.
Every time I have logged on, there was no one there.

I miss the people the most.

KenRyan

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 03:15:39 AM »
My wife saw someone else earlier today. Then since it was Thursday, there was a costume contest on the plaza! there were 15-20 toons out there. It was almost like the old days.

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Most of the people who log on are from the US so those of us in other timezones have to either stay up till silly o'clock or just be on our own most of the time. It is nice to see the place and do some badge hunting (and did you know the ski slopes work!)...
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

KenRyan

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »
Yes! I went there and tried it out. I was never any good at it :-). But amazing, nonetheless.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »
We do have some activities planned this year if you want to visit during a larger party.  Hopefully that helps.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:25:22 PM »
I love Paragon Chat, but it is a nostalgic reminder of what we all miss the most.  But, for right now, it is the only game(?) I play, in the hopes that someday, we might see the full game return in some form.
What was no more, is now reborn!