Author Topic: Backing Up PC Data?  (Read 2299 times)

KenRyan

• Underling
Backing Up PC Data?
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:33:23 PM »
We JUST discovered PC and my wife has re-created several old CoH toons based on screen pics she took of them in 2012? She's also spent several hours collecting badges since Thursday :-).

But now it looks like here computer may need to be replaced. She doesn't want to lose the recently re-created toons and badges.

What folder will she need to make sure she backs up to be sure we can transfer that to the new computer? Is there a standard folder where it installs? It's a Windows 10 computer, BTW.

Thanks!

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Backing Up PC Data?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 02:25:18 AM »
When you run Paragon Chat, it'll ask you to login to chat before running the COH client.  Instead of that, click on the blue folder button.  It will open an Explorer Window where Paragon Chat is at.  Open the Database folder and copy the contents of that folder somewhere safe, like a USB drive.  (The most important file is ParagonChat.db.) 

That's it.  You just backed up Paragon Chat.  To restore it, install Paragon Chat on another system, and click the blue folder again on the Sign in Window.  Open Database and paste the files back.  Overwrite what's there if needed.

Then close Explorer and log in normally.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Backing Up PC Data?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:13:24 PM »
"Database" is the important one.

Others possibly:
"Costumes" - any saved costumes not slotted (*.costume files)
"Screenshots" - self-explanatory
"Config" - contains updated emote and zone files.
"Client\Data\texts\English\menus" - possibly updated "quickchat" (such as Bitters' additions)
"Client\Accounts\...\Logs" - chat logs
"Client\Demos" - demorecord stuff (if you're into that) (*.cohdemo files)

My entire ParagonChat folder only takes up about 400MB (incl. about 2 years worth of pics), so I usually just backup the entire thing.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!