Community > Comics and Other Media

SOLO: A Star Wars Story

(1/4) > >>

Kaos Arcanna:

So, what'd everyone think?

I was pleasantly surprised with what we got.

doc7924:
I haven't seen it yet but I must say Disney really knows how to mil....er take advantage of their properties.

Lucas took 30 something years to make 6 films and Disney made 4 films in about 6.

Tenzhi:
I'm gonna catch this one later streaming.  Just not excited enough about it to bother with the theatre.  Plus, my mind really rebels against Woody Harrelson in Star Wars for some reason.

HalcyonS:
It was.... good. Not great but good. I swear I could name most of the movies it's emulating but it does that well. Sadly it's a film less made up of characters and more a series of character traits that say stuff which detracts as most of the people in it seem shallow and very predictable. Still I can't say I wouldn't recommend seeing the film, but it's more a matinee film and don't go in with high expectations.

hurple:
I really have one major problem with the film... 

Spoiler for Hidden: They jam packed this thing with all the "big deal" events in Solo's life.  Everything every fan has ever had a question about, like, "how'd he get the Falcon from Lando," and "How did he meet Chewbacca," and "How did he meet Lando," seemingly occurred in this one "adventure".  There were even questions answered that fans have never asked, like, "How'd he get that last name" and "Why does he always shoot first?" 

I mean, it's silly that seemingly every significant event in this character's life, every single event that made him the character we know, took place in this one "adventure."

Otherwise, except for the mis-fire of Lando's droid (what an *ugh* of a character) the film was fine for what it was.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version