Author Topic: CO losing subscriptions...forever  (Read 7628 times)

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
Re: CO losing subscriptions...forever
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
Honestly?  I forsaw the end of CO with the increasing laws against lockboxes.  But I didn't imagine that it'd be because of a change that locks peoples freeform characters away just because they were not LTS.  Not to mention people who remained on monthly subs likely paid more than a life time subscriber ever has.  I was subbed to CO for I guess a total of about 4 years.  So I know I paid more than most LTS players would have from that alone.  Not to mention the extra cash I threw at the game back then.

This was back before CO pulled the infamous bait/switch with vehicles that stopped me from subbing anywhere near as much anymore.

Thing is the concern and fear is that they won't handle those of us  who have dozens of alts we made while we were gold.  Frankly, some are saying that characters who are gold already should remain gold and freeform with the changes coming up.  This feels the EXACT OPPOSITE of how CoH handled it's long time veterans when it went free to play.  When CoH went free to play, long time veterans who were around for 3+ years not only got to keep and play existing toons, but also IO benefits and everything except for incarnate powers(which weren't that huge of a deal to lose).

I spent years supporting CO back then, before you know, bait/switch.  And I was beginning to consider playing again but now...well now I won't even be able to do that even if I have money to spare.  CO practically shot itself in the foot with us long standing vets.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2018, 11:13:35 PM »
When they first dropped subs in STO I sorta freaked out, posted about it, and then... noticed that I got a major upgrade to all my toons at the cost of...some zen I had laying around, and, I noticed that not even 1 single person complained here, or, in any chat channel in STO.... and the future just kept getting brighter.

When they first dropped subs in CO.... *BOOM*

Making the change without giving people the ability to keep their freeforms is asking for trouble. Lots of people cannot afford to just drop $200.00 (or $300 when its not on sale) at a week's notice.

And like I said, too... Who... never... drops their sub... *ever* if even for just a month? Who??

On the surface, you can tell me that STO and CO just did the same thing. But they clearly did not just do the same thing. They didn't threaten to make anyone's toons, basically, unplayable, in STO.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 01:47:03 AM »
They're calling off the sub-pocalypse for now.  June 7th is business as usual.  (Source: AmbassadorKael on PWE Forums.)

Not that it ultimately isn't going to go down, but I think they'll have an answer to allow subbed freeform toons to convert to Free account access without picking an Archetype and rerolling them (the largest pain point) before attempting to trying this again.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 07:35:28 PM »
I hope so on the whole keeping freeforms.  Honestly even the people I dislike(with one exception) are saying that the premium pack should just let everyone keep and access the freeforms they've already made.

I am glad that they actually listened to the players for once.  I was honestly fearful the end was coming for CO and backlash wouldn't matter.  Finally someone listened.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2018, 11:59:49 PM »
I was honestly fearful the end was coming for CO and backlash wouldn't matter.  Finally someone listened.

This was the FIRST (you damn Cry Wolfers....) "scary" thing that ever happened in CO, for me. Such a decision as what they had originally planned - clearly showed (not showS) that they care not for their loyal subscribers.

I am glad that they actually listened to the players...

Me too!

<3 CO

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>