Author Topic: What would you build?  (Read 54358 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: What would you build?
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2019, 12:55:37 PM »
I think I might have stumbled across why I thought I was being forced to install GeForce Experience in the beginning... duh.

I think... I didn't download the 'DCH' version of the GeForce drivers . (That I didn't even know existed until now).

And I think... once I got the error that the 'Standard' driver I downloaded didn't work... I didn't read past the part that said GForce Experience would do it for me - the part about needing a 'DCH' version. I don't remember seeing anything about 'DCH' in the error message with that first driver install but maybe I missed it.

So I think... it wasn't a master plan from Big Brother to finally get me to make a GeForce Experience account and MS Store account. I think... I just didn't read. Somehow.

I sure don't remember seeing any message about a DCH driver being needed.. maybe that's a recent addition to the installation error message. Maybe not. But, I think, Mystery Solved. I'll find out in a lil over 2 hours when the DL finishes. I saved all my Updates for Throttle Day. Tomorrow they portion me out some more fast data.

It's a lil confusing that DCH seems to be connected with OEM (OEM what? Windows?) . I have a full retail version of Windows 10. I don't know what DCH has to do with OEM and why I can't use the Standard driver. But. Whatever.

Next month... I might finally, finally, be on Real Internet again. I found a provider that installs a dish and charges land line fees and offers land line type service. 20-30ms Ping Times!! True Unlimited Data - no throttling, ever.  A neighbor who recently switched has 3 locations streaming HD video. And the costs/tiers of service are just like what you'd see with land line service. Wow. Well, we'll see. Looking good so far. This may be my last throttled month if all goes well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 01:02:34 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2019, 02:10:17 PM »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2020, 10:49:01 PM »
I semi keep up on pricing..

If I were to build, today, I'd build the same thing but with 32 gig of ram and I'd probably get a step up or two in processors due to with these two upgrades the price would be about the same as what I spent a year ago.., and, due to you can never have too much memory, and, due to even though it doesn't bother me at all when gaming - my cpu is probably my current weakest link.

Still luv the case. Still luv Bluetooth. Still luv dual Pcie SSDs. I'm glad I went with a Silver rated PSU from a good company. I've had no problems with Windows 10 and I probably even like it better than 7, now. I thought that fans that have a mind of their own (all my fans but the case fans turn themselves off when the thing they're cooling is cool enough already) might turn out to be problematic but so far so good.
Some Faves: