Author Topic: I had a bad case of alt-itis!  (Read 2463 times)

CC

• Underling
I had a bad case of alt-itis!
« on: June 04, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
Who else had more level 50's than they knew what to do with? There were many who had it worse than I. Still, I think I had 10 lvl 50 heroes and villains.

My favorite hero was my glass cannon fire/em blaster. If I remember correctly, I could inferno like once every 60 seconds or something crazy with IO's lol and before the inferno I could do a mini herd with my epic invulnerability power. Too fun! And oh man did I love catching people off guard in PVP zones with this animal's aim+ build up+ total focus + that other one whos name evades my right now!! If the energy blasts didn't crush you enough, I could usually hurl a fireball or two at you to finish you off while you flee!

My favorite villains were my ice/ice perma-dom dominator and my super strength/electric brute. My foot stomp would bring whole city blocks down it felt like! and if you came across my ice/ice dom, you better not be in a rush because you were going noooo where fast once I got a hold of you! if you were a tank that could resist my holds somehow, you were still slower than a snail while my ice demon and I raced to see which of us could land the final blow!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: I had a bad case of alt-itis!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 04:07:02 PM »
Who else had more level 50's than they knew what to do with? There were many who had it worse than I. Still, I think I had 10 lvl 50 heroes and villains.

My favorite hero was my glass cannon fire/em blaster. If I remember correctly, I could inferno like once every 60 seconds or something crazy with IO's lol and before the inferno I could do a mini herd with my epic invulnerability power. Too fun! And oh man did I love catching people off guard in PVP zones with this animal's aim+ build up+ total focus + that other one whos name evades my right now!! If the energy blasts didn't crush you enough, I could usually hurl a fireball or two at you to finish you off while you flee!

My favorite villains were my ice/ice perma-dom dominator and my super strength/electric brute. My foot stomp would bring whole city blocks down it felt like! and if you came across my ice/ice dom, you better not be in a rush because you were going noooo where fast once I got a hold of you! if you were a tank that could resist my holds somehow, you were still slower than a snail while my ice demon and I raced to see which of us could land the final blow!

I remember my first 50 was such a thrill to get. And then was when you EARNED your Kheldian. Not like later when you got it a 20 or could just buy one.
But after the first few it got to be such a grind sometimes - especially in the mid 40's - it seemed to take forever.

All in all I must have had about 20 or 22 50's over the 8 years. (Not a lot I know but I had like a bazzion low level alts)  And by the last year I only played maybe 2 or 3 50's regularly -

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 07:19:39 PM »
My problem was more like I created so many alts that I never made it to 50 in any of them. The highest I got was mid-40s.

Not so much of a problem to me, because the higher game didn't interest me nearly as much.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 05:21:48 AM »
I had over 15 level 50's

I was working on about 6 incarnates:
Super Fire Dragon, a level 53 in Dark Astoria
Kolissa, maybe a level 51 or 52
Necrophillia, also a level 53 in DA.
The Paragon Avenger, a level 51 or 52
The Paragon Comptroller, probably just a level 50 in DA.

The incarnate stuff was deadly dull, very grindy.  And the shard turned into ribbons or something and those turned into something else and then you could make the "enhancement" to slot in the tree to get to level 53 and then they opened up more powers to get.  But they was only 5 or 6 tasks and you needed a league.  So most of the time incarnate stood around waiting for the task to start.  Honestly, I would have rather gifted thousands of influence to low-level and beginning players.

Anyway, I got each hero AT to 50 and each epic to 50.  So, I won!!!

KidKourage

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »
Just 5 50's for me, but I had about 2 dozen total on each on Victory (members of either Kourage or The Wrasslers) and Infinity (Adverbs/Adverse).
Kid Kourage - scrapper, Martial Arts & Super Reflex
Courageous Lee - tanker, Invulnerability & Energy Melee
Severe Lee - corruptor, Ice & Ice
The Great Green Hat - mastermind, Thugs & Force Fields
Shatter Rat - controller, Earth & Force Fields (and yet totally unlike GGH)

Bison Boy (tanker, Invulnerable & Super Strength) was level 48 when they announced, and I could've easily gotten him to 50, but there were so many other things I needed to experience at least once first, so he didn't quite make it.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 08:32:07 PM »
I had... three? 50s, I think. Two heroes, and one villain for sure. But dozens of other characters!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2018, 11:52:35 AM »
I really don't remember how many I had. I want to say it was in the 30's. I probably started and deleted 3 times that many characters not counting the ones I kept but never finished leveling. I have a lot more time to play than most people, though. I don't really PL much or anything like that. I just have no life and wicked altitis.

Crazyleo

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2018, 05:46:42 PM »

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 12:55:04 AM »
I was at 25 Level 50s at the end.  I tried to spend time with each of them, especially towards the end.  But, with so many, some of them were never to be seen again...until Paragon Chat!  I have re-created most of them there, and it lessens the pain a little.  On the other hand, it also reminds me how much I can no longer do with them, so it is a double-edged sword to be sure.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Ron P

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2018, 07:41:03 PM »
I had so many alts on so many servers only a few made it to 50