Author Topic: Impulse (No, not that one)  (Read 1290 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Impulse (No, not that one)
« on: June 09, 2018, 03:59:12 AM »
Watched the Impulse pilot. It's a new YouTube show about a teleporter based on one of the books in the Jumper series. On a related note, turns out Jumper was based on a book. Which seems weird since you wouldn't normally associate literacy with giving Hayden Christensen an acting job. Anyways, it wasn't too bad (at double speed anyway) but would have to get a lot better before I'd recommend anyone using their free Yoobs trial on it, much less actually subbing (first 3 eps are free, rest are premium/red or whatever they're calling it this week.)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Impulse (No, not that one)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 08:23:11 PM »
Binging the Karate Kid/Cobra Kai series is a far better reason to use the trial, then?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 08:29:08 PM »
Having just now heard of its existence I'm gonna go with no. That sounds more like a reason to throw money at them.

Edit: Having now seen Cobra Kai forget the free trial and the throwing money. Take all your money, put it in a body bag, send it in.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 04:11:15 AM by Vee »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:31:00 AM »
Finished Impulse. It's not bad. Too slow, too long, gets better toward the end, but probably only in preparation for being slow in s2. I wouldn't go out of my way but if you're starved for something to watch and have access it's better than the network superhero stuff at least, no constant facepalmery.