Author Topic: NCSoft hires new CFO for Western operations  (Read 4921 times)

Ultimate15

• Boss
NCSoft hires new CFO for Western operations
« on: June 20, 2018, 11:51:18 AM »
http://www.pocketgamer.biz/asia/job-news/68136/ncsoft-appoints-chief-development-officer/

So I posted this link in the 'New efforts' thread, but I couldn't tell if it got lost in the shuffle or if we just don't care... but I deemed it interesting enough for a resurrection!

Thoughts? I think the main thing I'm most curious about is his interest/stance on any and all things specific to the superhero genre. Does he recognize how marketable and 'hot' they are right now (especially in the 'western' market)? And if so, what are his plans to capitalize on that dollar via the online gaming industry? Would bringing back City of Heroes be something he's even remotely interested in?

Or, more importantly, would he even have the authority to make something like that happen? I'm inclined to suspect he does not, but I'd be curious to hear others opinions on this.

Furthermore, if we do anticipate something like this would be worth looking into, is there a way for us to indirectly communicate to him our high-level of interest and investment in that decision as the STILL living community of the game?
Viva la Virtue!

saipaman

• Elite Boss
Re: NCSoft hires new CFO for Western operations
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 03:54:18 AM »
I'm going to assume he's just a front man with no actual authority of any kind.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:36:56 PM »
IF he were to bring CoH back, congratulations.

But I hope he finds a reliable studio in America or Canada that isn't hemorrhaging money, that will respect the game and be able to continue development.

ALSO that NCSoft Korea keeps their hands OFF it so that they don't order a shut down again.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 01:10:39 AM »
But I hope he finds a reliable studio in America or Canada that isn't hemorrhaging money, that will respect the game and be able to continue development.

Maybe I keep reading the wrong news pieces (or, maybe the stuff I'm finding is slanted/edited in favor of NCSoft)... but I was kinda under the impression that they were doing fairly well right now.

Lineage M for mobile is, apparently, KILLING it.
Viva la Virtue!