Author Topic: So..what do you all play since CoH/V is gone?  (Read 9490 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Re: So..what do you all play since CoH/V is gone?
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2018, 03:45:45 AM »
Fallout 4 and Fallout: New Vegas

Though it gets very lonely I do enjoy the deep storylines.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 02:24:40 PM »
World of Tanks    ;)

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
Fallout 4 and Fallout: New Vegas

Though it gets very lonely I do enjoy the deep storylines.

I've often wondered why the proposed Fallout MMORPG's have always fallen through in the end. Is Fallout 4 worth it? I should pick New Vegas back up one of these days and finish it to the end at least once.

If you like the Fallout series, check out the current Humble Bundle Unity bundle - The "medium" support level includes Wasteland 2, which in turn includes a copy of Wasteland. The original Fallout and Fallout 2 are sort of "spiritual successors" (heh) of Wasteland. A lot of the features of Fallout that made it unique at the time were inspired by Wasteland.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2018, 03:28:46 PM »
Isn't Fallout 76 supposed to be MMO-ish?

Anyway, my main problem with other games is that, sooner or later, they all remind me of CoH.  I keep wanting to make their protagonist (or villain!) as a CoH character.  I enjoy deciding what AT and Powersets they'd have, and building the entire character.  And then I feel sad that I can't actually play the character I'm creating in my head.

So Hessonite as a Broadsword/Willpower Brute or Faith Seed as an Illusion/Poison (or maybe Illusion/Nature) Controller are fun to come up with until I remember they'll never exist beyond maybe a costume.

And I go right back to missing CoH.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2018, 01:25:57 PM »
Fallout 76 supposed to be MMO-ish?
Jury's out on that, still.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Eskreema

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2018, 02:10:38 AM »
PS4 spider-man!
Global: Iron Smoke.  Boards: Kractis Sky. Server:  Champion.  Main:  Eskreema

I don't always get sucked into a jet engine and live to talk about it, but when I do I use the new ICD-10 V97.33XD code.  Because things like that need to be trended by your insurance company and your money!

Ron P

• Minion
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2018, 09:01:34 PM »
Well given there is nothing that comes close to COH/X as a replacement ...
Pretty much a variety of zombie killing games. I did Dead Island several times through. Dying light one time through and after the stupid  dance dance revolution boss battle it became boring. I still play Left 4 Dead 2. That game has a lot of user-created content combined with the fact the the spawning of zombies and weapons is randomish ... it never feels too old. That is something I think a LOT of games miss. Too many games, once you go through the same missions you memorize the beats and becomes less fun. City of Heroes added variety at least by mixing up maps at least and of course a crap load of different mission types, let alone user created content. City of Titans definitely needs to have some user created content options.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2018, 03:37:05 AM »
Champions on Line ;D

Doc Artz

lunawisp

• Minion
    • lunawisp - general gaming blog!
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2018, 07:48:25 AM »
I've tried a few MMO's since NCSoft pulled the rug from under our feet but nothing's come close.
GW2 was pretty good but I grew bored and really ticked off at all the achievements hidden behind jumping games.
ESO was nice and I lasted over a year there before, once again, getting bored. I'm going to give ESO another try actually, downloading the client now.
BDO looks beautiful and has an amazing character creator but forced PvP at higher levels plus *the grind* put me off.
I tried a few other very forgettable ones and er... forgot them...

At the moment I'm not playing any MMO. I log into Conan Exiles every so often to check that my base is still standing and that my thralls haven't had a party in my absence and eaten my pets. I look at FFXIV videos on youtube every now and then and wonder if I should try it out but I'm getting a bit jaded with what passes for MMO's these days and since you have to buy the game *and* pay a subscription I'm not too sure about it. I'm hoping that Ship of Heroes will fill the void.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:04:01 PM by lunawisp »
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes, she lives on in memory as my gaming id.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2018, 03:38:18 PM »
Star Trek Online = Main game, Champions Online = Backup game, Neverwinter = Next Game.

I'm still Crypticsized. They push all my buttons.

GW2 was pretty good but I grew bored and really ticked off at all the achievements hidden behind jumping games.

*Boo* *Hiss* hehe

No NCLimp for me. Ever. "You Have Been Disconnected"

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
I've often wondered why the proposed Fallout MMORPG's have always fallen through in the end. Is Fallout 4 worth it? I should pick New Vegas back up one of these days and finish it to the end at least once.

If you like the Fallout series, check out the current Humble Bundle Unity bundle - The "medium" support level includes Wasteland 2, which in turn includes a copy of Wasteland. The original Fallout and Fallout 2 are sort of "spiritual successors" (heh) of Wasteland. A lot of the features of Fallout that made it unique at the time were inspired by Wasteland.

OK I'm loitering..

This all sounds good. I haven't played the newer stuff but I checked it out when I was hunting for new games awhile back. The original Wasteland was pretty cool for its time. We sold it where I worked at the time when it was new : ). The last time I played it was before I 'found' Champions Online not long after what happened to CoH and it's *still* fun.

The way more modern spinoffs looked promising when I checked them out. The original Wasteland, is, of course, pretty darn old as-is its interface.

You can carbon copy the above comments for X-Com, too.

Another ancient game that holds up great, today - but... unfortunately has no updated version... is.. Command HQ. I used to multiplay that all the time with a friend from the Wasteland job. Its mouse interface is well done enough that it holds up surprisingly well for its age. Man, that would be a great game for someone to update. Simple to learn but plenty going on. Kinda like a realtime version of RISK with more strategy/options.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
I'm kicking myself over missing the Overwatch sale on PS4. I've always said that if it dropped to $20, I'd get it in a heartbeat.  Well, it dropped to $20, but it was near the end of the month when finances were a little tight, so I was waiting for payday, and the sale ended the day before payday (even though the sale on the PC version lasted another two days).

So I've been playing Paladins.

KosmicKnight

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2018, 12:47:54 PM »
Warframe has been my go to online game as of late. Some decent customization, varies frames with different powersets, everything is color-able, including powers. It is a game that has been slowing evolving from folks who had worked on unreal engine in the past. Load out of weapons, each with different effects to keep things fresh. Primary weapon, secondary weapon, melee weapon.. so yah, can just slice and dice your way through things.  Or you can ninja it up, try to stealth things.  Variety of mission sets.  Started to put in some open world missions.  It is a bit more lobby game oriented, but it is starting to become something more.  Closer to earlier visions of the game every day.  It has given me value for my time and money I have put into it.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 04:04:47 PM »
Is Warframe an ARPG like Diablo or Guild Wars (the original Guild Wars)? I've never tried it, but I've got some enticement type bonus things in my Twitch account for it.