Author Topic: Zones filling up  (Read 3006 times)

aeb

• Minion
Zones filling up
« on: July 05, 2018, 11:01:34 PM »
Last night, Imperial City filled up, and at least one friend ended up in Imperial City 2. Multitoons were involved, and taking some down did allow them into the same as everyone else, but this is the second time I saw this happen. The first was in King's Row during a DJ show. This time, we were using Studio 55, Imperial City's bar, and a few folks threw up some extras to make the bar feel less dead.

I'm not seeing this with most zones, but Imperial City and King's Row seem to get busier on occasion, between DJ shows and Studio 55. Help would be appreciated. *Smile*

Alimorel

• Underling
  • was @moonstar
Re: Zones filling up
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 11:14:49 PM »
I have noticed this as well. Kings Row is a static spot for DJ Havok's shows, and he often gets quite the crowd. Normally if it starts getting too big, a few of us will have to drop toons to allow others in. As for Imperial City, I remember some DJs there as well, and if say, there's a DJ show while people are RPing in Imperial, it's quite plausible for the limit cap to be hit, making it difficult for either event. (Especially since we are unable to decide to go to Imperial City 2 like back when CoH was live)

Fiery Wolf

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:57 PM »
I agree, until NPCs come back. We fellow PCers want a raise in the cap in these zones. Detective Johannes needs more patrons at his bar!

CailieEdwards

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 01:12:47 AM »
Yeah, can't RP my whole super sentai crew in zones when there's stuff happened.  Would be nice if the cap was higher.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 03:13:02 AM »
Those zones, Imperial City (Studio 55 which connects to Pocket D) and King's Row (Rock Of Ages used in DJ Shows) were raised to 50 total avatars.  Bear in mind this includes multiple-instance toons as well as players.  (If Crash brings eight Phoxes, that's 8 out of 50.)  Unlimited zones are still Atlas Park and Pocket D.

Thanks belong to Titan Management, not to me, I'm just the messenger.  Hope that helps.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

aeb

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 04:18:43 AM »
Thank you. Those new levels should help.   :) :D

aeb

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 02:27:28 AM »
DJ Havok does his DJ shows in King's Row because that's where he got his start. I told him tonight, during the show, and he is delighted. :D

So is DJ Winter, who I told earlier today. One of the spots they like to host DJ shows is right in front of Studio 55. :D

So thanks again.  ;D

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2018, 09:11:47 PM »
Since we haven't had any real capacity or server load issues in quite a while, I just went through all 130 rooms (for 65 zones) on the XMPP server and set the cap to unlimited.

The next patch will extend that to dynamically created rooms, i.e. for bases and add-on zones that don't have persistent rooms created.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2018, 05:30:31 PM »
Awesome news, CW.  Thanks!!

aeb

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2019, 04:48:50 AM »
I would like to thank you for raising the zone caps. With the help of Multi-toning, the dance floor in Studio 55 looks pretty full, tho all the talk is down on one end. This is fun. :) :D