Author Topic: So thinking back on it maybe Inhumans wasn't so bad after all  (Read 1802 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Teen Titans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIYzdBAxcM8

Those few images that escaped the set earlier this year didn't even begin to capture the true horror.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Re: So thinking back on it maybe Inhumans wasn't so bad after all
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:49:29 AM »
 :o Why is DC doing this? Why? I'm sick and tired of DC using dark, gritty tones. Why can't they be like Marvel? When Robin said "F--- Batman" is that Dick Grayson or Jason Todd? Anyway this looks horrible.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 02:41:00 AM »
I guess they wanted Marvel to hold their beer after Inhumans....

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2018, 05:11:59 AM »
Smallville 8.0, now with profanity!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 11:34:19 AM »
When Robin said "F--- Batman" is that Dick Grayson or Jason Todd?
Judging from the rest of the content in the video, Grayson.  But it's like the writers decided they don't want to ever deal with more than one Robin, so they took all the worst personality traits of all the Robins, rolled them up into one character, and used the name most people are familiar with.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2018, 12:05:51 PM »
Robin seems a bit too murder-y.  Still, I think I might like it more than Teen Titans Go.  Still can't believe they're getting a theatrical release...  yeesh.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
Good lord that looks awful.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2018, 07:40:05 PM »
I never thought Inhumans was horrible.

Not as good as other shows, but it had some good stuff.

Loved the girl playing Crystal, Lockjaw was fun to see live action.

Though they did a few pre Inhumans on SHIELD. I think the teleporter was called Gorgon or Gargan or something like that. So a mix of Gorgon and Lockjaw.
I figured they were mish-mashing names and powers since they didn't have the real Inhumans at the time.

I think they need to turn up again in SHIELD or something, as they are all stuck on Earth now.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 04:56:32 PM »
Definitely better than Teen Titans Go, but that doesn't say much. This Robin makes me cry, but I don't mind the rest.

The Inhuman teleporter on SHIELD was Gordon, just a normal name.

Inhumans was a massive flop, imo. But I'm very biased against them ever being portrayed as heroic.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2018, 04:25:38 AM »
The biggest problem with Inhumans is that Medusa was just plain a bad actor in a horrible costume and yet they had her carrying the majority of the plot.  Plus the strength and functioning of all their powers varied from episode to episode.  Crystal wasn't bad.  Karnak was fine and I even thought the difference in his abilities between the comic and show made great sense.  Overall it was bad writing and bad acting (or over acting) that killed it.

Titans on the other hand from that preview makes Inhumans look like Black Panther.  I'm not even going to go into the bad costumes and horrible effects.  So let's stick with the characters.
1.) Robin acts like Damian Wayne.
2.) Raven is a simpering little girl?  Um no.  Raven is supposed to be the most in control of her emotions of the entire group.  After all if she loses control she could destroy the world.
3.) Dove. The character's entire powers and philosophy revolve around being non violent and winning confrontations by turning her opponents violence against themselves.  And they introduce her basically chopping off a guys leg with razor wings.