Author Topic: How do I know if I did this right?  (Read 3048 times)

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
How do I know if I did this right?
« on: July 21, 2018, 04:41:48 AM »
Hello all, I'm relatively new to Paragon Chat, and I was playing for 8 hours yesterday and playing it right now as well. But I didn't see anyone else online in Paragon Chat. This made me worried that I installed it wrong because from what I understand people still regularly show up in PChat. I figured since it's the weekend more people will show up but so far I haven't seen anyone else...

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: How do I know if I did this right?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:41:02 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I did everything you said but I still don't see anyone else in the Paragon Chat category. Maybe I'll stop by doing a costume contest on Thursday or something. I just want to see other people in the game and right now I have not seen anyone else.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 10:41:30 PM »
It doesn't look like you've ever logged into the Paragon Chat XMPP server. The only thing that makes sense for being able to see the channel names is if you're somehow connecting to some other XMPP server.

Can you check the name of the account it shows in the login field when you launch the program? It should be "Dr._Saturn@chat.cohtitan.com" (or just "Dr. Saturn" and it will change it automatically)

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2018, 02:07:45 AM »
Ok I'll check. I am using Island Rum on Mac FYI. My XMPP account is dr.saturn@xmpp.jp

Is that correct or incorrect? How did I go wrong in the install process???

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 02:21:51 AM »
That's the problem right there. You're using your own XMPP account. So you'll only be able to see people who are using the xmpp.jp server, which as far as I know is no one.

Remove that and just enter 'Dr. Saturn' in the XMPP account name field, and the same password you use for the forums. It will automatically change it to use the Titan XMPP server, which is where most people who use Paragon Chat hang out.

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »
Okay, I tried to login to the account dr.saturn@chat.cohtitan.com, but it said it was unable to connect. How do I set up my XMPP account properly?

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2018, 03:38:42 PM »
You have a space in your username -- that gets converted to an underscore for the XMPP account. It should be Dr._Saturn@chat.cohtitan.com

By far the easiest way is to just log in exactly like you do on the forums, with "Dr. Saturn" as the username, and let the program convert it to the XMPP jid automatically.

Dr. Saturn

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
Okay, I got it to work. Thank you