Author Topic: Base issues?  (Read 6253 times)

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
Base issues?
« on: August 04, 2018, 06:51:38 PM »
Has anyone else found themselves being kicked not just from their base but from Paragon Chat completely at random times while base-editing?  Happed to me 6 or 7 times last night.

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
Re: Base issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Happened to me once and none of the edits I had made were saved. Luckily I had just started so not much was lost.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 09:12:07 PM »
Sounds like a crash. Not sure what's causing that, probably a bug somewhere in the base code. I really need to write a crash handler to gather and upload memory dumps, but until that's a thing, it would be helpful if it's possible to figure out a way to deliberately trigger this.

If you're crashing a lot, one thing you can do to minimize the amount of work lost is to periodically exit out of edit mode then go right back in. The base is committed to the database (and saved to a backup file) whenever you exit the editor.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 11:18:47 PM »
Thanks, CW.  I figured that out about frequently exiting Base Editor, at least, toward the end, so I wasn't losing to much of the work done. 

Kawless

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 11:29:36 PM »
It happens usually when I afk for a minute.
I'm running at 4k and CoH has some minor issues with it.

I've had it crash when doing /mapmove from inside a base, and when I
1) delete a room my character is in,
2) fall outside of the base,
3) then switch to edit base style

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 03:11:53 AM »
Odd issues when adding/moving/deleting certain items, specifically Items of Power and Control (specifically Mystic Orrery)... screenshots included below.

It seems there is an "echo" left behind. Exiting Base Edit mode does not clear it. Leaving the base and logging off and back on does. It just seems to be an oddity that I've noticed occurring in both Account and Personal bases.

I had deleted the Mystic Orrery here, but two echoes of it remained.

These next two are from me repositioning Items of Power.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 02:40:33 AM »
I've had this happen a lot at any time when I'm in base editing mode.

No error messages, PC just closes.

I am using the biggest secured base lot and am shifting rooms around a lot as I try to find the right design as I am trying to rebuild and improve an old base built with raids in mind.

Fusion and turbine generators installed, all 7 of the items of power, also a  note: the item of power base for holding an item of power counts as an item of power so if you use the one and only vault that can hold two IoP, don't use the item of power base.

Also two control rooms each with an autonomous control system.

Have also noticed a glitch that the LCD monitor decorations if deleted still leave the shifting graphic image behind.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 12:28:16 PM »
Have also noticed a glitch that the LCD monitor decorations if deleted still leave the shifting graphic image behind.
Lingering FX of all kinds. Even the base entrance portal FX (the lightning and the spiral) stays wherever you move it. Items of Power, as well.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Zarinel

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 08:52:59 PM »
It's been FOREVER since I have touched this and I am just now getting back in to it. I have a problem just talking to the guy at the registrar and I am trying to figure out why he isn't responding. If he doesn't respond, I can't load up the bases I have saved when my computer crashed some few months back and erased all of my work. (Luckily I was saving a crap ton back then, so I won't have to start fresh.) I feel really stupid for asking, but what gives? Is something broken or is it just me?

kelly489

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2022, 01:01:36 PM »
This is interesting information