Author Topic: Happy 9th CO!  (Read 14322 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Happy 9th CO!
« on: September 06, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
*crickets?*

Well, collecting kitties has been a little fun. Hope next week improves though.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Happy 9th CO!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:07:55 AM »
*crickets?*

Well, collecting kitties has been a little fun. Hope next week improves though.

Awww, see... now I feel bad for not saying anything! I'm glad you did. I dunno why I didn't, but I didn't.

Yup, it's the big 9th  : )

*cheer*

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2018, 01:49:31 PM »
*golf clap*

Second week is a bit more better. The scavenger hunt was an improvement. Yay Tux Kitty! Emotes and costume pieces. Destroyer mission.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 11:20:33 PM »
It's the anniversary... Spotlights.. Party.. Huge cake.. Sapphire has her hotpants on and is being TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS..

I always liked anniversaries. So spectacularly super corny and great.

Not logged on much for this one so far. Did save some kitties just for fun and ran a bunch of Grabs for the bonus-XPers..just for fun. Would like to be playing more. Will probably log on tonite now that you reminded me of the anniversary party still going on. Summer and STO have been keeping me kinda busy otherwise I'd be playing more CO. Saw some sexah new costumes last time I was on. Mine feel like they're getting dated..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 04:40:08 PM »
How many purrs does it take to get to the center of a crazy cat lady?

Majadi haz 5 (but one's a grey wolf trying to fit in).

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 12:35:55 AM »
Doc Artz

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 02:48:35 AM »
Champions Online, also developed by Carbine Studios as was COH,
I believe you're thinking of Cryptic Studios.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:47 AM »
How many purrs does it take to get to the center of a crazy cat lady?
Apparently, there's a perk for this. Becoming a Cat Lady requires you do the cat mission like 27 times this month (almost every day).

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 05:23:48 PM »
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 05:35:05 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 06:42:21 PM »
Speaking of hinting. Err Tinting? During my last voyeuristic session in CO Trade from STO I saw someone say that Tinting is now buyable in the Z Store? Is it a bigillion? I have to look.. Here in just a little bit or so. Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally.. If true.
I don't even enter the Z Store. Not interested.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2018, 09:25:34 PM »
I don't even enter the Z Store. Not interested.

If you were me, then you'd be totally missing out!

Wow, stuff has changed there. 3 FF slots for (6k Zen) not much more than 1 used to cost and 1 for less than half the price (2k) of what 1 used to cost. And... they go on sale.

The real buy, though, is the Premium Pack. They have a similar pack in STO and it's pretty great too. More bag slots, bank slots, AE slots.. power tinting, finally.. travel powers, costume pieces... etc, and, whatever I'm forgetting.

Also, Silvers can now convert their AT's to FF (or another AT)..

The price of Zen is still through the roof when it comes to trading Q for it.. that hasn't seemed to change. Neither has Zone Chat. Full of ideas how to make a perfectly good game into another game... Predicting when the game will shut down and why... It felt like my very first logon not very long after CoH was shutdown.

Anyway, cool stuff in the Z-store for diehard Silvers like me. Guess I'll have to come up with a little Zen.. I'm close to the 1500 needed for the Premium Pack if I bite the bullet and unload my Q for the current price that makes me wince.

Had fun in CO today. Was nice to actually talk in Trade rather than just be able to only look.

~~~~~~~

Oops! I forgot. If you ever, ever, subbed to CO... you can get all those Premium Pack goodies for Free under the Bonus tab, I think it is.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:41:34 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 09:31:41 PM »
Anniversaries <> Double XP??

Double xp is gone already!?

Pfft.

All I say, is, Pfft.
Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 03:11:35 PM »
I *so* wanted to like CO.  I tried.  I really did.  But after I realized I hadn't logged in more than three or four times in two months even though I was subscribed for those months, I decided I wasn't having fun and it was time to move on.  I've logged in with a Silver account only a handful of times since then (mainly to get the free Freeform slot they gave away a couple of years ago, and play that character for a while).

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 04:34:23 PM »
I *so* wanted to like CO.  I tried.  I really did.  But after I realized I hadn't logged in more than three or four times in two months even though I was subscribed for those months, I decided I wasn't having fun and it was time to move on.  I've logged in with a Silver account only a handful of times since then (mainly to get the free Freeform slot they gave away a couple of years ago, and play that character for a while).

CO's the only playable direct link left to CoH that I can think of. Its got sexah babes. Fast action - great ground action that will spoil you. Lots of powers to choose from and lots of flashy ways to use them and costumes to use them in, and, all kinds of ways to travel around.. For years, I've been able to hop on whenever I want and get *some* queue to pop and then I'm in a team and we're fighting bad guys and gurls. There's a great core playerbase - and influx of newbies (at varying rates.. but they're always there..).

*shrug*

Works for me!

Had they not broken the spell they had over me, I'd still be playing daily and never missing a day. I'm happy for the fun I had there, though, and, I truly feel sorry for ex-CoHers that didn't get an experience like mine in CO when CoH shutdown - it was ..... really great.

So... yeah... Happy Anniversary CO  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 05:49:21 PM »
This anniversary event is officially worth it just for Tidbit, a tiny little kitten! She's such an amazing kitty pet. While most kitties just sit there and lick themselves or other cat stuff, Tidbit actually has some personality. She seems to get bored and wanders away from you. Then she realizes she's strayed and comes run-run-running back to you. If you're on a ledge, she hops off the ledge multiple times and back again.

Too cute!

Edit: Okay. nm... Apparently all the other cats do this too, but Tidbit must still be special, because I never noticed until her.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:21:38 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2018, 03:55:10 AM »
Tidbit must still be special

I've been thinking the same thing..

Is Tidbit still an obtainable....AF?  SK? (What is Tidbit, slotwise, anyway?) I've not done any Dailies or anything. Saved some cats in trees but just for fun.

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 01:47:35 PM »
Tidbit was given by the Party Host simply for checking in for the daily reward. I assume it would be available all week for those that take part in Week 3.

Tidbit is a normal action figure, like the other cats. He's just very tiny and cuter.

ALL the KITTIES (I might have missed 2-3 days of rescue missions):

Orange Tabby named Tabby (Party Host on Day 1)
Blue Tabby named Smokey (1st cycle of 3 rescues)
Calico named Duella (2nd cycle)
Tuxedo Cat named Mask (3rd cycle)
Orange Kitten named Tidbit (Part Host for Week 3)
Siamese named Popcorn (4th cycle)

And I have the "Cat Person" perk for rescuing 100 cats. I'm 162/250 for earning "Cat Lady." Don't think I'll make it. It means I have to run 9.7778 (7/9) more missions.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 02:14:26 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2018, 06:11:19 PM »
Tidbit was given by the Party Host simply for checking in for the daily reward.

Checked in exactly once and didn't even check what I was given.. Dang! That's cool. I can see using an AF like that over the ones that are... well.. Action Figures. I mean, I always use my Forum Malvanum story when it comes to AF's - that it was cool the have a tiny Firewing to whip out in a group to show I not only beat Firewing but I did so enough times to get the AF that most people never even saw yet. That was the first time I saw how AF's can be cool. And then I kinda came to appreciate them but still never used one outside of bragging rights.

Having a pet to follow me around might be more appealing to use more often. It never made sense to me that my (dollies') dollies could walk and follow me around.

And I have the "Cat Person" perk for rescuing 100 cats. I'm 144/250 for earning "Cat Lady." Don't think I'll make it. It means I have to run 11.7778 (7/9) more missions.

It means you have to ... wha? Rescue 106 more cats and do some mysterious mish math  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
Yeah, I've been there just about every day to check in and rescue kitties.

Each mission, you rescue 9 cats.
250-144=106 cats.
106/9=11.77778 (or 11 7/9).

I'm now at 153. So, 10.77779.

I'm not sure when the event ends. Is it only 4 weeks or until the end of September? If it ends the 27th, then I can't make Cat Lady.

I've just learned about a Cosmic Cat AF for getting all the other perks. I guess that comes with Cat Lady.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2018, 10:17:09 PM »

Each mission, you rescue 9 cats.
250-144=106 cats.
106/9=11.77778 (or 11 7/9).

I'm now at 153. So, 10.77779.

AHA! It was your conversion to fractional (7/9....) that threw me originally. I was like.. 7 out of 9 ..... WHATS? mishes? why 7 out of 9 mishes? why are mishes in 9's, anyway? nuuu 7/9 was simply 7 out of... 9.

I've just learned about a Cosmic Cat AF for getting all the other perks. 

Ohhhhhahhhhhhh..........!

*looks at Firewing*

"Puff out that tiny flamey chest, little man! COSMIC CATS!"

: )

Some Faves: