Author Topic: Iron Fist season the second  (Read 2900 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Iron Fist season the second
« on: September 07, 2018, 08:54:15 PM »
The first four episodes have meandered terribly.  Looks like it might be pulling it together a bit going into episode five.  Davos and Joy both lack the charisma to make good antagonists.  And Davos' mommy issues make him even lamer. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Iron Fist season the second
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 09:54:02 PM »
I've not started yet but I'm already encouraged by them only doing 10 episodes. Maybe they're learning, kinda?

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 12:11:32 AM »
Finn Jones is not a great actor, but he has improved leaps and bounds over season 1.  Likewise the choreography has improved.  Even if I don't wind up enjoying this season at least I'm not yet hating it.

And he really needs to team up with Luke Cage more often.  The actors play off each other really well when it's just the two of them. They both become a lot closer to being the characters.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »
There was a missed by 6 inches punch in the rope fight that i noticed at 2.4x. which is better i guess than the one that was a foot from 1st ep last season.
I'm 2 eps in and already dreading the rest. Mary is atrocious.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 07:34:55 AM »
Colleen's fights have been the best, in my opinion.

Typhoid Mary is a mixed bag, but I think I like her.  At any rate, I like her more than Joy.

I have just the final episode to watch, but the ending could sway my final opinion of the season.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 12:42:51 PM »
Alright, I don't even know what to think about that ending.  It's like the episode ended 20 minutes in and then went on an epilogue trip that lost its mind at the end.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 06:58:54 AM »
Colleen completely forgot to teach Danny the Crane technique in the 2 eps where a Karate Kid sequel broke out.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 08:36:34 AM »
Colleen completely forgot to teach Danny the Crane technique in the 2 eps where a Karate Kid sequel broke out.

To be fair, that leg had already been just about as sweeped as it could get.

I guess she taught him how to shoot bullets out of the air off-screen, though, which turned out to be useful.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 05:16:45 AM »
there aren't enough facepalm memes for that finale. we need several more internets worth of them.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 05:50:42 AM »
Maybe it'll lead into a US1 series somehow...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 02:25:42 AM »
Ok, finished it.  And that ending wasn't quite as out of the blue as you might think if you haven't kept up with the comics. 
Spoiler for Hidden:
Orson Randall was a previous Iron Fist who just like Danny wound up in Kunlun through an accident then decided to skip out and do his own thing.  He was part of a super team in operation around world war 1. And one of the things he did different with the power was to channel it through a pair of guns he used which is very appropriate considering that was the era of the pulp heroes.  In his time in the comic he taught Danny how to use his power more effectively and variably.  Remember Danny learning (and then apparently completely forgetting) how to use the Iron Fist to heal?  Well Randall used the healing power to keep himself young and healthy which is why he was still around to train Danny.

Now the bad part is the guns themselves weren't filled with the power.  He just channeled it through them so Danny shouldn't be able to use them that way if we go by the comic version.  And Colleen has never been given the power of the Iron Fist so that definitely comes out of left field. 
So in conclusion although the ending was stupid my feelings on it were more than balanced out by all things pointing to season 3 including a cool character like Orson Randall.  To me it's as if that suckfest known as The Defenders had ended with an obvious reference to Moon Knight showing up in season 2.  The potential promise and definite improvement over season 1 gives me hope for the future.  Unfortunately as you know The Defenders didn't end that way but fortunately a season 2 isn't planned at this time so future suckage has been at least temporarily aborted.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 03:20:33 AM by Mandu »

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
I'm about halfway through and like it a lot more than the first season (and I really didn't dislike the first season, TBH). Eagerly awaiting Daredevil S3, though.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 03:16:38 PM »
Netflix cancelled it but given that Disney's about to launch a streaming service we should probably hold off on any celebratory emotes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »
Cancelled?  Bah.  Now I'll never get answers to questions I didn't want to have.  I hate endings that leave me hanging.  It'll be like if ST:TNG got cancelled after that garbage Borg finale.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 05:35:15 PM »
Aww... not even going to turn it into Colleen's series?

Still hoping for a Daughters of the Dragon series to fill this hole.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2018, 09:29:42 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2018, 03:53:03 AM »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 09:37:14 AM »

Breaking News: Failing to Read Destroys Lives and Ruins Friendships

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »
Breaking News: Failing to Read Destroys Lives and Ruins Friendships

Oh crap, another one of those FRDLRF weirdos.