Author Topic: Blood MooooooOOoon  (Read 19320 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Blood MooooooOOoon
« on: October 03, 2018, 05:32:46 PM »
I think all my toons have a Supernatural Possession and Nimbus of Force, and, most of them have them in Build 1 just due to they're good team buffs in Alurts.

Deeps' costume which never changes since years (1 aura last year, and 1 kitten pet this year..) has several Takofanes pieces. They're cheap (think I paid 5G for the bracers and looted everything else myself) .. gaudy.. and fit him perfect.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Blood MooooooOOoon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:39:57 PM »
Moar kittehs!

There's a "Catastrophe" perk that gives a Black Cat AF for killing 100 Black Cat ToT monsters. Once you find a spawn location, they're easily farmable. I'm 13/100 so far. If I don't end up getting it, blame the tedium. I got most of those 13 in like 30 minutes, but boredom overcame me.

There's also a Black Kitten AF. Don't know how to get it yet.

Killing the other monsters gives another perk, but I don't think it's very special.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:47:33 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 11:34:23 PM »
There's a "Catastrophe" perk that gives a Black Cat AF for killing 100 Black Cat ToT monsters. Once you find a spawn location, they're easily farmable.

Ut oh...

Moar kittehs!

lol  : )

I can honestly say that I still like Deeps's Anniversary kitten - to the point where it might become a permanent fixture. Deeps kinda evolved into an .... edgelord. It all started with (very few costume pieces...) the basic concept of charred body and flames - especially a flaming head vision which finally got realized with the Takofanes crown, and evolved into what he is today, which, is not Mr. Light and Fluffy.

Soooo.. The kitty adds nice balance. I didn't originally intend for Deeps to be scary... just, flamey. The kitty does a nice job of unscarafying him and dethroning the edgelord thing, plus, I just like it  : )  I mean look (again...) at a snapshot of how cute they are together...!

*stays tuned*

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:08:45 PM »
I suspected as much. The Black Kitten AF comes with 250 Black Cat monster kills. Some people have already gotten it, but it seems bugged at this time.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »
What's the deal with cats, lately?

Black Cat Monster.. That's new.

Blood Moon used to be my favorite event mainly due to I liked being able to time and run the spawns, and... if no one else was at one when one popped... being able to handle it on my own. I mean, lots of times when those boss spawns pop (Nimbus, etc) no one is there.. So why in the world did they have to make soloing them not worth it.. *shrug*

Haven't logged in for this Blood Moon, yet, but, I better see what all this Cat Business is about! By golly  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 11:51:52 AM »
I guess, maybe, they're still running with the cat theme because 9th anniversary and nine lives? I dunno.

There are Trick or Treaters roaming Millennium City. When you talk to them, they will either say "ToT" and maybe give you gift bags or turn into monsters and attack. The monsters are: Frankenstein, Ghost, Black Cat, Mummy. This is part of the daily mission, so talking to the event guy and killing 10 per day gets you some extra goodies.

There are other things going on. Something in Canada, I think, with wolves/werewolves and the Kiga thing. Also, each week they're going to be adding more. Next week is the zombies and rescuing the heroes missions. There's some PVP thing, as well, but I don't PVP.

So far, the cat AF is the only thing that interests me with the event. Other than the general spookiness of the event, it has never really impressed me. I remember last year I got bored with the hero rescue missions and stop bothering after a few days. The event store has the typical things to buy: vehicles, costume pieces/auras/transformations, etc. None interest me very much. I got the black semi-transparent flying cycle last year, so nothing left to buy.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 02:03:08 PM by MyriVerse »

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 05:18:17 PM »
100 down; 150 to go.

Got the Black Cat AF. Serena is her name. Excellent choice for a name.

I think I may take more time for the kitten so as not to burn out.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 03:02:43 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 11:44:23 PM »
Myri-V saves the day, again..

I'd be skipping this! I would.. I just have no CO time.

I'm glad to know what's up!

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 03:02:13 PM »
The werewolf mission is the "PVP thing." The werewolf guy in RenCen gives this mission, and you choose which side to be on-- hunters or werewolves-- then go to Canada and fight other players.

After 100 Black Cat monster kills, there's no visible perk counter, so no way to determine progress. But I estimate I killed about 10 Black Cats so far today. There is a perk counter for total number of monster kills-- mine went from about 380 to 400. The random gods were kind to me and it seemed like half of my monsters were Black Cats.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 07:13:21 PM »
The werewolf mission is the "PVP thing." The werewolf guy in RenCen gives this mission, and you choose which side to be on-- hunters or werewolves-- then go to Canada and fight other players.

I think this is fairly new but if I remember right they did this last year, too. Went to Canada last year just to snoop around but I didn't hit the Rencen person first..

PvP is fun in CO! I've done all of the queue's I think and some 1 on 1. Some people, like in STO, are very, very, very good at it. I never felt/feel bad about losing/getting shredded against good PvP players. 1st thing is, that's how they're built - for PvP. Well, and, you have to give them their propers.. Good PvPers ... are good PvPers.

Anyone else out there Blood MoooOOooning? I'm gonna log on today later, probably. Just due to MyriVerse. Well.. and.. I think I heard someone in Trade say Warlord is back in town.. Too much fun in STO right now.. Too much! Ever since I started playing I can't catch up enough to be a fat, lazy, know-it-all uber (as is ever my wish). : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 03:52:35 PM »
Yay! Got my kitten this morning. It's the same kitten you could buy at the Event Store last year. "Cinder" the Halloween Black Kitten.

I'm a glutton for tedium. But hey, I "Trick or Treat" in PChat for what amounts to the same thing. Heck, I can tote around my kitten all year long, but you can only use PChat's Halloween costumes for 14 days.

Took her to Canada to show off her blackness against the snow.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2018, 03:45:08 PM »
Today's patch notes say:

"Fixed a bug where the Unlucky perk was granting the wrong action figure. Players who got this perk can claim the correct one from the fixer contact in rencen."

So... maybe Cinder will change.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2018, 03:52:03 PM »
Yay! Got my kitten this morning. It's the same kitten you could buy at the Event Store last year. "Cinder" the Halloween Black Kitten.

I'm a glutton for tedium. But hey, I "Trick or Treat" in PChat for what amounts to the same thing. Heck, I can tote around my kitten all year long, but you can only use PChat's Halloween costumes for 14 days.

Took her to Canada to show off her blackness against the snow.

*purr*

Today's patch notes say:

"Fixed a bug where the Unlucky perk was granting the wrong action figure. Players who got this perk can claim the correct one from the fixer contact in rencen."

So... maybe Cinder will change.

Into COSMIC CINDER! Tako Cinder? We must wait...to see...
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2018, 07:00:10 PM »
Took Cinder to the Fixer contact in the Recog building and had her converted.

She is now 'Mona'.

Hmm... looks like I get to keep Cinder, even if I didn't earn her last year. Good grief! Another mouth to feed and litter box to clean.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 07:35:14 PM »
Who walks around with *exactly* 500 g's and has 1 star... and 59 star refills!

Well, you've got that Disco Ball, Water Balloon, and Taco equipped... soo... your OK on devices..

*snoops further..*

I recognize none of those @'s..

"Oh hey, a kitten!"

: D
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2018, 08:44:55 PM »
500g is the max for a free account. That's why that is there. I never buy anything, so it's pointless anyway.

I don't really care about stars.

I like hitting villains with water balloons, tacos, and dancing with them. I'm trying to get rid of about 100 tacos, tbh. I toss them to any pet I see, especially dinos. I do have the "Mayhem on the Dance Floor" perk for "disco balling" Mega-Ds. Oh, and the "Tacocat" perk for throwing a taco at a kitty.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:52:11 PM by MyriVerse »

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 04:14:45 PM »
When there's no room left in hell...

MOAR KITTEHS!

Of course, there's still the Tako drop from last year: Shadow Cat (a black cat with red glowing eyes).

Added this year: Shadow Kitten & Null. Shadow Kitten is just a kitten version of Shadow Cat. Null is a featureless black kitten-shaped thing. These are probably drops, as well.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2018, 04:26:25 PM »
500g is the max for a free account. That's why that is there. I never buy anything, so it's pointless anyway.

I don't really care about stars.

I like hitting villains with water balloons, tacos, and dancing with them. I'm trying to get rid of about 100 tacos, tbh. I toss them to any pet I see, especially dinos. I do have the "Mayhem on the Dance Floor" perk for "disco balling" Mega-Ds. Oh, and the "Tacocat" perk for throwing a taco at a kitty.

lol

All of this makes sense to me, except.... how in the world did you GET 500 G's...? hehe. That's quite an achievement with your playstyle.

Null is a featureless black kitten-shaped thing.

Ohhhh that sounds like the cat for Kosmoz....

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
I consider myself a very sucky player, but the 500g's just came long before I reached level 40. Maybe because I never buy anything, except during events with event favors? The vast majority of my experience is soloing, so maybe because I never had to share loot?

Well, wait... I've used the tailor 2-3 times. But the tailor is very inexpensive.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2018, 10:05:15 PM »
Very sucky players don't generally walk around with 500g's hehe. that they accidentally accumulated..

The only sucky players in CO are the ones who aren't having fun or are there to complain that they don't know how to have any.

We have to upgrade your account! I mean... if you can get 500g's without even knowing it.. There *are* cool things to buy with in-game currency, you know.. Such as a bigger G limit than 500g. And.........costume pieces. and stuff. You don't have to make it your goal in life, but, it beats throwing the G's away!

For example... what you could do, as a start... is... whenever you see Crates of Q for sale, cheap, and you're in the mood and have the G's.... snap one up. Convert the Q to Zen.. then buy one of the options that lets you carry around as many G's as you want. Meanwhile, your G's never go over 500 and your Questionite/Zen total goes up.

I wish we could buy Dilithium (STO's Questionite) in STO! I'm a friggin' Billionaire in STO..

For 'only', like, 1500 zen(?),  you can fairly vastly improve your CO Experience with that newish bundle they have for sale.. I want to get it, too. More bag slots... more AE slots.. more Bank slots.. no G limit (or, it's really high).. you can custom tint your powers... there's costume pieces.. just about all the stuff one would have when they had monthly Subs in CO.

If you ever see @toonsquad online I'd be more than happy to run some Smashes with you. Most likely, that's why I logged on anyway - to run some Smashes for fun and to save up for that bundle. I've got 100's of resource boosters.. and we'll never lose. You can tinker with your build in a no pressure but action filled situation to see what works/looks cool, and doesn't. That's where all MY G's go... retcons.. It costs ~ ..... 500g to do a full retcon in the PowerHouse iirc..

Other people have other ways of getting G's... and you apparently have Yours..  hehe.

Meanwhile, just buy a crate of Q once in awhile, when you're near your G cap! They're super easy to buy and use and then you'll never waste a single G and your Q/Zen balance will go up.

It's just funny money... but.. you can buy fun stuff with it ... and it seems to be landing in your inventory.. So why not spend it! : )

Some Faves: