Author Topic: Blood MooooooOOoon  (Read 19319 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Blood MooooooOOoon
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2018, 12:05:06 PM »
Very sucky players don't generally walk around with 500g's hehe. that they accidentally accumulated..
Maybe I'm overly modest then. If I were to grade myself on tactics and whatnot, I'd give myself a solid F. That's what I meant. I don't involve myself with "gearing up" or getting the right "build" or even fighting well. I die-- A LOT. I think I have all of the "dying" perks.

Heck, I just sorta accidentally made it to 40 without ever thinking about it. I just chose missions and beat stuff up. One day, wham! I was 40.

I also don't really use the bank all that much, because I can't be arsed. Everything you saw in that picture is about everything I have. :P (I do have another bag that wasn't open that has rocks and balloons and tacos.)

The only sucky players in CO are the ones who aren't having fun or are there to complain that they don't know how to have any.
Oh, I agree completely. I'm never not having fun in CO. I hear people complaining about this "grind" stuff, and I wonder if it's some new Starbucks concoction. I never felt like I was grinding in CO. I use past tense because I pretty much consider myself a retired player. I guess I am sorta like a crazy old cat lady in that I'm just around to collect cat AFs and silly things like that.

We have to upgrade your account! I mean... if you can get 500g's without even knowing it.. There *are* cool things to buy with in-game currency, you know.. Such as a bigger G limit than 500g. And.........costume pieces. and stuff. You don't have to make it your goal in life, but, it beats throwing the G's away!

For example... what you could do, as a start... is... whenever you see Crates of Q for sale, cheap, and you're in the mood and have the G's.... snap one up. Convert the Q to Zen.. then buy one of the options that lets you carry around as many G's as you want. Meanwhile, your G's never go over 500 and your Questionite/Zen total goes up.
The only thing I would possibly be interested in from the Zen store are emotes, but I really can't be arsed for that either. The only things I ever do in Champions are the Anniversary and holiday events, and hang out for the rare CapeRadio DJ show (the 2 times I used the tailor were to dress up in costume for a radio show and then back again). Before the recent 2 events, I went months without touching the game, except for DJ Winter's shows. I probably couldn't say that much had there not been kitty AFs. :D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:16:06 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2018, 01:24:48 PM »
I totally get what you're saying.

Just for the record...

Maybe I'm overly modest then. If I were to grade myself on tactics and whatnot, I'd give myself a solid F.

Well, not everyone was destined to just choose missions and beat up stuff until *wham* they're 40...

Heck, I just sorta accidentally made it to 40 without ever thinking about it. I just chose missions and beat stuff up. One day, wham! I was 40.

*ahem*

: )

Ok, well, let me reduce my point about G's to this... If you have them, why not use them. You'll definitely find something fun to spend them on - auras, costume pieces, emotes, maybe a new vehicle... You don't have to start looking right away, but... for serious.. buy you a crate of Q or 2 and stuff them in your bank. Whenever you get near 500 G's.... buy another crate or two and put them in the bank... Maybe someday you'll want to use them - as-is you don't have that option.

When you start getting a pile of crates, lemme know  : ) Perhaps.... ~ the time you make your Happy 18th Anniversary CO! post... But who cares  : )

I promise I won't bug you about this again hehe. Just hate to see ya toss away any chance to get goodies that I know you'd enjoy should you ever decide to do some shopping. Especially when it's so easy. Players selling stuff like making a sale. You'd make their day too  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2018, 02:57:15 PM »
Oh, I've looked. Nothing really piques my interest enough to purchase or strive for. Majadi has 7 vehicles already. 5 of those just sit collecting dust (you can see 2 in my inventory-- I just walk around with them too :D -- 3 more are about the only things in my bank, and I forgot I had those). They're just a means to get around town fast. She's got about 7k questionite collecting dust too (I know that's not much).

Majadi is a Behemoth build, but I never really put much thought into building. I still don't even know what all the mechanics of the game do. I just picked whatever felt right for the character at the time. Maybe Behemoths are just tough enough to coast thru to 40. /shrug

Oooo... anyway... new toy!! Ghost shark drop off Deathlords this morning! Rawr! Jabberjaw! Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 03:17:29 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:42 PM »
Behemoths used to be considered one of the better AT's. Probably still are.

I went through some phases with vehicles.. like, when they were 'required' to run Forum Malvanum.. I mean, people were real vehicle snobs! As in, if you didn't have one, you couldn't get on the team. I didn't like using vehicles because.. well.. *shrug*..

They're just a means to get around town fast.

I didn't spend all that time in the Powerhouse just to float around in an OP .. car.

Then Deeps got his Demonwing...

It's like the perfect Deepsmobile. So I started liking vehicles more. But still, it's just for getting around in style.

I never rank Flying up, if I even have it.. so I use my vehicles to get around, too, sometimes, if it's a long trip. They were decent for spawn jumping in Blood Moon  : ) And for getting across both Andriths - the original, and the newer Purple one.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2018, 09:57:51 PM »
That's cool. I just don't think most of the vehicles fit Majadi, other than what I've got. She's never really been much of a flyer. I don't even like flying her in PChat.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 04:33:59 PM »
That's cool. I just don't think most of the vehicles fit Majadi, other than what I've got. She's never really been much of a flyer. I don't even like flying her in PChat.

Trivia fact: I've found that RP heavy players are usually into flying. The power, that is.

Travel powers are one of CO's strong points. Teleport is good, fly is fun. I think I tried superspeed and jump.. once...in the very beginning. Obviously didn't impress me. CO travel powers Look good, some more than others..

I think ground combat is where CO is really great. Athletics Rank 3 on allll my toons.

I'm just now getting to where I can clunk around in STO ground combat. I mean, STO Ground is an acquired taste with lots of options.. and I'm kinda into it now that I'm not used to regularly playing CO, and, my STO expectations and knowledge have changed.

CO Ground is pinnacle. Fast, fluid, lots of action and flash. I got tired of re-rolling and rules changing (zero build security and way too much wasted time in the Powerhouse) otherwise I'd still be playing I'm sure.

None of which is interesting if you play just to *be* in the world and throw tacos at stuff  : ) In my defense, it's still somewhat early for a Sunday, and I wrote this before the realization.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 07:12:36 PM »
Just got Shade the Shadow Cat from a Deathlord. I think this one might become my favourite, no doubt because my RL cat is named Shadow. I like the red eyes too.

I'm an RPer, but it depends on the character I'm playing. Most of my females don't fly. Not sure why that is.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2018, 02:39:09 PM »
HALP! I'm drowning in kittehs!

Shadow Kitten almost looks like a speck of dirt when I'm fighting.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2018, 03:59:11 PM »
HALP! I'm drowning in kittehs!

lol

I wonder if it's possible to get the mega-cosmic-shadow cat of ultimate power for obtaining X amount of felines.. I think the odds of you finding out are wayyyy better than mine  : D

Spying your inventory, again, reminds me that the consumable version of the disco ball used to be a fairly uber crowd control device. Even Alert bosses would stop and dance while the team pounded away on them. I think that stopped, though, around the time the perma-disco ball (purchasable with G's, btw!) became available.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2018, 05:54:33 PM »
Only cat left for me is Null, I think. Hmm... wonder if they'll add more this week.

I think you're right about the disco ball.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 05:27:13 PM »
I think you're right about the disco ball.

That thing was so great when it was new. I was getting pounded on harder, then. It seems like I was leveling at the time, too. Those Grab Alurt bosses would just shred a newb team. When that time came... out came the disco ball!

Boss mobs still dance under the influence of Disco, huh? But they attack, too  : /

Man I couldn't wait to get my first perma-disco ball but wow what a disappointment when it 'didn't work right'. An understandable one.. But still  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2018, 04:17:47 PM »
Bought a Tako throne from the event store. It was maybe the only thing I would want. Wonder if I can piecemeal a Tako throne in PChat base builder. Hmm...

Um... well... after years of playing this, I'm only just now discovering the Auction House. Uh oh. Shopping! Might actually need to get more money, after all, Xev. Bought a few AFs and clothes. Sold a few things too. But still, my playtime will drastically fall after these events are done.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:16:33 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2018, 08:08:00 PM »
Bought a Tako throne from the event store.

It's YOU!

hehe

Um... well... after years of playing this, I'm only just now discovering the Auction House. Uh oh. Shopping! Might actually need to get more money, after all, Xev.
And you're just poking your nose into ONE store! The Auction house.. There's also the Zen store.. the Q store (who ever buys stuff, there...?).. the Drifter... Recognition Vendors,  where there's some good devices, both consumable and perma, that can be had with easy to get Until Rec (or did I get my Gadroon-whatsits perma device with Silver Rec... I know there are some decent consumable devices I always stock up on with Until Rec.. ) - and then there's Gold rec stuff for people that have and are not avoiding Gold Rec... out of protest. I'm probably forgetting some vendors.. The PVP vendor.... Nemesis vendor.. CO has a *lot* of currencies.. People used to post here, all confused, on what currency was what. None of these currencies have to be purchased with rl cash, either, it can all be picked up or traded for in-game.

I'm glad you got the bug! There's all kinds of cool stuff to buy and use in CO. People *will* buy your stuff, too.. I sold stuff I never thought ppl would buy. Like (cheap.. but, still) costume pieces from Rampages.. that there are billions of in circulation.

But still, my playtime will drastically fall after these events are done.

Nuuuuuu! That is not allowed. You're elected as the new head of Titan/CO  : ) It needs one! It's a great job, you'll love it. One of the things I miss most is having people nonstop telling me I wasn't having fun  : D

The Christmas Event I might actually participate in at least a little. Blood Moon used to be by far my favorite Event before the whole Boss Mob (Nimbus, etc) change thing.  I do still like that run to the big toy soldiers at Christmas.. with that creepy, twisted Christmas music playing all along the way that just kinda haunts you. I used to always say I thought the Christmas (Winter.. whatever they call it..) Event was creepier than Blood Moon. I have no idea what the rewards are I just like running the queue and I don't look forward to the creepy music but it is memorable.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2018, 11:53:32 AM »
Well, I've looked in the Zen and Questionite stores. I'm not that interested. I did buy about 30 Zen a while back, but there still isn't a lot of incentive for me (not enough for me to devote much time). For some odd reason, I just never read the big sign on the Auction building until this week.

And yeah, I've been to the Recognition stores a bunch. Except the UNTIL vendor, I'm not interested in anything. I bought Majadi's grey wolf puppy pet AF there a long time ago.

The only times I talk to the Drifter are during events. I'm not interested in him or his currency. I don't really like the concept of "lock boxes," so I'm never going to bother with them.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2018, 01:11:44 PM »
Well, I've looked in the Zen and Questionite stores. I'm not that interested.

They added a bunch of stuff to the Q store since I stopped playing regularly. Stuff that I was upset about having to buy all the sudden after 4 years of playing, I think. Powers? I forget. The Q store has never really interested me.

The Z store on the other hand.....

The Z store is where all many of the best goodies are. FF slots.. That 1500Zen pack that basically transforms you into a subbed player of yesterday. Slots of all kinds..

Saving up Q to convert to Z used to be one of the more engaging parts of playing CO. I was weened on EverQuest... I have losing myself in the farming process, deeply ingrained. The Z store is like a modern EverQuest... quest. To me. Used to be!  : )

I don't really like the concept of "lock boxes," so I'm never going to bother with them.

Never is a long time. Can be, one day, you're sleeping on mattresses stuffed with G's or Z with nothing else as interesting left to buy.

That'd be about when I open my next lockbox  : )

I pity ppl who play with a gambling addiction, often. On the other side of that - some people really seem to know how to work the lockbox market and make it work for them.

Anyway, yeah. The AE and Z store were always what I used to save up for. Still am! I need like 200 more Q worth of Zen to get that bundle I mentioned earlier.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2018, 03:25:33 PM »
Many of these things would just require too much of a lifestyle change for me. I don't intend on ever making another character other than Majadi, and many things just don't fit her. Tako's Throne isn't really her, either. I imagine it would become another Kitty Condo in her townhouse/base. I just felt a sorta "use them or loose them" thing. I'll probably buy a few more things before the store closes just because I feel pressured to do so.

I just scanned the Q store -- All of the "gearing" stuff is right out. Vehicle mods are out. Only the hoodie seemed to really fit as far as costumes. Auras are out. I have sorta been eyeing the shadow dragon AF/pet in auction. Most things I can just wait till I see them in auction. I don't care that much. I don't really have the "bug" as you put it. If I see it and have the cash, I might grab it... or not.

Even irl, I'm not much of a material person. My car is 12 years old. I always buy one of the cheapest computers available. My phone doesn't even do text messages. What I loved so much about CoH (other than community) was it lacked the loot mentality.

As for Lock Boxes: I never was a fan of paying for randomness. Never got into baseball cards or any CCGs mainly because of this.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:01:41 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2018, 04:52:16 PM »
Many of these things would just require too much of a lifestyle change for me.

lol I'm not trying to talk you into any kind of commitment  ..  : )

What I'm saying, is... the same thing as before... and then you found the AE. There's cool stuff to buy in CO.

It allllllllll starts, with, say...... you going into the AE and buying a Tako throne...

Then, maybe you get to 500g's again at some point and buy some Q crates....

At this point, the possibilities open up to you in the Z-store - the best store. To me. Maybe you find another! You play other parts of the game completely different than me, soooo, why is it not possible that you find one of the other stores more interesting than I do? So I tried to bring up all the names I could think of.

Actually... the AE takes the number one spot as my favorite store, often...

To me, the Z-store is kinda the holy grail store, and, AE is the plunder store. And who doesn't like holy grails or plunder.

Anyway... yeah. No lifestyle changes. I think you're perfectly fine on a Tako throne, carry on  ; )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2018, 08:44:57 PM »
People buy strange things. I just sold a Kabuki Hair piece for 400g, so I'm back up to 500. :D No offense to anyone who liked the Kabuki Hair. I only sold it because I already had one.  :P

I really think that Shadow Dragon AF was the only thing in the whole Q store that interested me. But someone is selling it on auction for 300, so maaaaaybe... if not, then I don't really care that much. I'm gonna sleep on it. Point is that I have no incentive to acquire Q. The only reason I have any Q at all is because of Q specials where you earn Q for killing everything.

And there's nothing in the Zen store that I want. Nothing at all.

When I talk about lifestyle change, I'm talking about things like gearing, vehicle mods, and getting altitis where I have to feed and clothe more characters. I'm never, ever going to be interested in things like that when it comes to CO. I'm just not that type of gamer anymore. Majadi is it for me, and she's pretty much set for life. I participate in events, and that's pretty much it.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 10:00:56 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2018, 07:33:04 PM »
People buy strange things. I just sold a Kabuki Hair piece for 400g, so I'm back up to 500. :D No offense to anyone who liked the Kabuki Hair. I only sold it because I already had one.  :P

See now, I, would call that a pretty worthy sale. I've made wayyyyyyyyyy more 5g sales than 400g sales and the most I ever got for 1 thing, was... under 2k. It was probably much closer to 1k but I *know* I sold *something* for over 1k and I have some Valerian Scarlet tights and .... something else from her that used to sell for 1kish that I just got (finally.....) before I got  out of the market.

So, coming from a person with that perspective (a relatively newb AEer), 400g's from something you didn't expect to sell sounds pretty good. Sounds like 2 Q crates to me *cha-ching*.

And there's nothing in the Zen store that I want. Nothing at all.

*~*~*GASP*~*~*

When I talk about lifestyle change, I'm talking about things like gearing, vehicle mods, and getting altitis where I have to feed and clothe more characters. I'm never, ever going to be interested in things like that when it comes to CO. I'm just not that type of gamer anymore. Majadi is it for me, and she's pretty much set for life. I participate in events, and that's pretty much it.

yeah, I know.. I get it...

buuuuut...

you weren't into the AE, before, right? and then you found stuff.

all I'm saying, is.. don't assume this:

she's pretty much set for life.

and this: when you get to 500g's don't let the overflow *poof*

OH and... Captain I-have-no-use-for-zen..

Buy that 1500z bundle from the Z store and your overflow will never poof due to you won't have a 500g cap anymore. And you will be able to color tint all your powers. And you'll get a ton of costume pieces. And you'll get more bag slots for carrying around stuff that doesn't really matter to you, but, if you had more slots with which to store and sell... you could have moar dough to blow! There's gotta be other stuff in that bundle, too, that's good, I haven't looked at it for awhile. It's a great bundle! You'd take it if it were free  : p

Or just buy the cap increase.. but.. I wouldn't! no way, nuuuuuu. But, that's me.

No lifestyle changes. Play however you want, whenever you want. I'm just trying to .... be your..... finance manager and.... shopping advisor - for stuff you already have or will already get just by playing however you play. I mean you got the first 500g's on your own and 400 more for some hair, already! Just keep doing whatever you're doing. But with more toys and color  : )

Until you lose interest, tomorrow.

And then maybe we talk again next year  : )

or whatever..

No lifestyle changes  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »
So, coming from a person with that perspective (a relatively newb AEer), 400g's from something you didn't expect to sell sounds pretty good. Sounds like 2 Q crates to me *cha-ching*.
2 crates of stuff I really don't want and won't use.

OH and... Captain I-have-no-use-for-zen..

Buy that 1500z bundle from the Z store and your overflow will never poof due to you won't have a 500g cap anymore. And you will be able to color tint all your powers.
Yes, but that requires a lifestyle change. Under my normal gameplay, I've amassed 30z... in years of playing. It would probably take the better part of a decade for me to reach 1500. I really don't think CO is going to be here. I'm very doubtful it's going to make it past 2020, tbh.

And you'll get a ton of costume pieces.
Almost none of which I would ever use. This is part of the "set for life" thing. Majadi's the only character I ever intend on creating. She has the only costume she's ever going to use, except for exceeding rare instances. And I've looked at all of the offered costumes -- I don't want them.

And you'll get more bag slots for carrying around stuff that doesn't really matter to you, but, if you had more slots with which to store and sell... you could have moar dough to blow! There's gotta be other stuff in that bundle, too, that's good, I haven't looked at it for awhile. It's a great bundle! You'd take it if it were free  : p
Nothing that I need really.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 02:06:30 PM by MyriVerse »