Author Topic: Blood MooooooOOoon  (Read 19317 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Blood MooooooOOoon
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2018, 04:46:24 PM »
I think there's not one person following this that wouldn't say we both have said our peace. hehe.

You can send me your extra stuff if you ever get in an overflow situation again. @toonsquad! No donation is too small or large. And I don't even play! I'll still take that lewt. I may never use it either but why pass it up  : )

I think maybe we can be a benefit to each other .... after all....! *evil comic book villain laugh but made funny*

Anything noteworthy currently going on with Blood MoooOooon? I'm just having more and more fun in STO or I'd play CO more. I don't have time to do what I want to do, there, already. I always feel guilty when posting here I'm not playing CO!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2018, 09:04:07 PM »
Everything's winding down now. It ends after the Thursday patch. There have been a few costume pieces this week: Set monster head, mad scientist hair (looks a lot like Doctor 12 hair), and a witch's broom weapon piece. A new emote: hunched over idle zombie. Tako's chair, in both power and vehicle forms (I don't think they are new though).
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
I found uber lewt promises in my *private* messages.

It was my first not-erp, private, here, but lewt is.... even better.

JK : )

You have to figure out about what parts!

My last private message was from.... Brou? Who's that..

It said something, like, "will you ever learn how to play?"

Everyone tell MyriVerse THANKS for giving them something new to read, here  : p

Thannnnnnnnks, MyriV  : )

Blooooooood MooooOOOOOOOOOooooon!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2018, 05:02:35 PM »
Hope your character(s) like the few goodies I sent.  8)

If not, sell 'em... delete 'em... give 'em away.

I'll keep you in mind for future lewts.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »
Not logged in, yet, but, wanted to say thanks much and Pls Do! : )

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 04:12:10 AM »
OK so after finally remembering where to open mail with attachments... (I never get those! except for auction rejects and it's been awhile) I blew some people off their feet in the AE with my new party cannon which nearly made me spit dentist gauze.. and then reluctantly put Tuxedo Kitty away to get a look at Shadow Cat and Kitten, who, I like a lot, but.... who could separate these two...?

She obviously adores daddy. No one adores daddy. Daddy adores her back.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 03:23:54 PM »
Yeah. I ran around RC 100 times looking for something that said "Mail." Had to Google how to get mail attachments.

Chair... corrupting... argh! Feeling very Blofeld.

"Yes. Give him his cigarettes. It won't be the nicotine that kills you, Mr. Bond."

Go! Hunt! Kill Bonds!

Buh Bye, Blood Moon!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 03:29:01 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2018, 12:17:29 AM »
Awwwww its over, already?

Yeah. I ran around RC 100 times looking for something that said "Mail." Had to Google how to get mail attachments.

I made the RC circle and saw Nemesis and Socrates and then Until, and thought, 'why am I clicking on this, just to click everything?' and then my mail opened up and I scooped up my goodies. Of course! Because everyone knows that Until = Mail. And it also makes perfect sense that there's no Until rec vendor, there, or anything Until related. (Maybe I missed something.)

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 03:58:26 PM »
I was going to make a new post and I thought about a private message, but, I didn't.

All I wanna say, is, MyriV and anyone else - if you want some variety in play and it appeals to you at all, I would highly recommend trying STO. You can keep all of your custom chat channels including your Friends list and you can at least observe what is going on in CO Trade.

Also, it's just a huge game. There's lots to do. The costume creator is actually really good. One thing it has in common with the CO cc is that, the more costume pieces you have, the more you can do.

The Ground portion of STO should seem... unintimidating to a CO player. I mean, it doesn't move as fast, but, there is still plenty to do and plenty of options for builds.

The Exchange is very active.. there's always new stuff going on.. the Random queue's are super hot, and there's a ton of mishes and patrols and battlezones and and and.

Sci-fi and comic books have always appealed to me. So has fantasy stuff and I want to finally, some day, finally, play some NWO.

I can't speak for NWO, but of the Cryptic Trio, STO, like CO, is pretty great and I would highly recommend toughing out the learning curve and trying it out, if, it appeals to you at all.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
That's okay. Me and STO did not get along. I found it a chore to even get to the level to hang out on Risa (10, was it?). I got that far just because DJ Pheo was having a show on Risa (Majadi has a permanent furlough on Risa). Missions seemed dull. I get it-- you're in the military, but starting costume choices and hair styles were not appealing. Even the available colours were drab. And I hatehatehate flying starships.

Furthermore my current computer gets along with STO even less. Play 30 minutes, crash, play 20 minutes, crash...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 01:19:17 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2018, 02:22:18 PM »
Awww that's too bad.

If you can't run the game you can't run it. There are plenty of tweaks to get it to run - like turning off the newish lighting feature. But. Yeah. I hear ya.

I can't talk about mishes much due to I never run them. The first STO mish I ever ran had me crawling around with a flashlight trying to find my way through tunnels. Very King's Questy.. King's Quest was great for it's time, but.. all that STO mish did was annoy me.

I stopped being a mish person ~ the time I came back to video games and started playing CoH again. However.. There are some really good STO ones. The Iconian series, about the entire series, is very good. I was there when they made the Original Series Intro - with Kirk's butt (you never see his face), and some fine performing by Chekov and Scotty's rl son, and, we get to see Uhura's legs as I recall. There's some other mishes I liked but nothing sticks out right now.

As with mishes... With costumes you may have to experience more to get to the good stuff.

When you first start out in STO your costume choices are very, very, limited. Even if you already own more costume pieces! (and there are plenty of ways to pick them up). For example, when I make a newb, the newb can't access all the costume pieces I have available to me until they reach a certain level (never paid that close of attention what level..) and then they can wear the rest of the pieces I own. You don't own many pieces in the beginning, either.

There are people wearing all kinds of stuff that I have no idea where they got it from. and I tell you, there is some cool stuff to wear! You won't see it when you make a newb..

Well, and... I think you can actually have more customization than CO does, when it comes to body proportions and details. I mean.. I set out to make a Dr. Zachary Smith from Lost in Space.. and I did it. He has the nose, the chin, the shoulders, the hair, the belly... It's not a bad representation considering that's usually not my thing.

Anyway, yeah. Bummer. I had my newb gear tradeskiller standing at attention! (He always is, though...  : ) If STO doesn't play, it doesn't play. If it makes you feel better.. I think STO crashes on every single player's machine at one point or another. Some just have to play with settings more than others and some have less crashes than others due to STO likes their PC more for whatever reason. STO does seem to try to take advantage of current tech so you may need to play with the many settings available (just dump them all to lowest, and turn off the new lighting - as a start - and then work your way up) if you (like me!) don't have it.

On the subject of costume pieces.. I would say, don't give up on finding more for Majadi! I just found a new one for Deeps this year..... *meow*. (The kitty qualifies). Deeps is doing good if he finds one new piece per year but he usually does. The only thing that is the same about Deeps, now, as when I first made him, is.. his tights, chest emblem, and head. He looks very similar but I've fleshed out my concept for him more over the years with finding new pieces here and there.

Edit...:

I get it-- you're in the military, but starting costume choices and hair styles were not appealing. Even the available colours were drab.

Had to add - there are many toons playing STO that don't look like they're in any military that I'd imagine. In RP terms they could be smugglers, renegades, or just space weirdos/citizens (Orion gurls..). There's a lot of far out, and, plenty of sexah, options for creating a toon's look that don't look militaristic.

I think there are 2 kinds of costumes, too. 1 is like what you'd wear on Risa and the other is considered your uniform or formal. I think.. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on learning what's possible in the costume creator, but, I thought I'd try and pass along what I could due to when I did spend a lot of time with it - it was pretty rewarding, and, I have seen a lot of non-uniform type costumes/looks that range from sexah to far-out to weird to just kinda normal.

The 'starting' pieces that you get as a newb, even when you have more pieces available to your account but can't use them yet, get boring real fast - I agree. They did even for me. But there's tons more available and you can really customize your look as far as proportions go - it was real helpful when making my Dr. Smith homage.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 04:53:31 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
At the lowest graphics settings my computer still doesn't like it.

I wasn't saying they look military, but the choices are all horribly limited and drab. The hairstyles, for instance, none of them I liked. I had to settle. You shouldn't have to do a bunch of stuff to look good. No other game I've ever played is like this. CO gives you a ton of great choices right at the start, and on a free account. STO? Hardly anything at all. And for some reason, the colour palette is stunted to drab colours. Give me total access to colours at least. And I'm talking about your off duty selection. I get that uniforms are what they are.

It's way past time to turn me around on this. I've explored the game quite a bit of what's available for a level 10. What it offers is really my worst MMO experience since I ran screaming from Ultima Online 20 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 08:05:37 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2018, 04:05:55 PM »
It's way past time to turn me around on this. I've explored the game quite a bit of what's available for a level 10. What it offers is really my worst MMO experience since I ran screaming from Ultima Online 20 years ago.

So what I hear you saying, is.... you don't like the game..

Up to level 10...! but .. apparently that was plenty enough! The game does change, exponentially, from level 10, however..., if you don't like the core of what is going on in the game - you don't like it - and, I wouldn't want to play if it had problems with my machine, either.

OK OK OK ! You've finally driven it home.. No more STO. hehe.

CO gives you a ton of great choices right at the start, and on a free account.

This is true, and, I would add a point that I helped bury: There's way way wayyyyyyy more.

On the subject of costume pieces.. I would say, don't give up on finding more for Majadi! I just found a new one for Deeps this year..... *meow*. (The kitty qualifies). Deeps is doing good if he finds one new piece per year but he usually does. The only thing that is the same about Deeps, now, as when I first made him, is.. his tights, chest emblem, and head. He looks very similar but I've fleshed out my concept for him more over the years with finding new pieces here and there.

There, I think I'm back on track to being helpful/useful, again  : D

Some Faves: