Author Topic: Aquaman: Extended 5-Minute Trailer  (Read 1170 times)

Ultimate15

• Boss
Aquaman: Extended 5-Minute Trailer
« on: October 08, 2018, 12:05:25 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaWnLiffxJ4

What do we think?

I'll admit, I had my reservations about this film after seeing Momoa's portrayal of Aquaman in Justice League. I like him on a personal level, but I do think he's a pit of a one-trick pony when it comes to the characters he portrays - it's almost as if they didn't cast him to play Aquaman. They just cast him to play a slightly tuned version of himself and hoped for the best haha. But I may be bias because I had soooo many issues with the Justice League film in general (...and the entire DCEU franchise, for that matter) so take that with a grain of salt.

...Regardless, I think this trailer looks great! The rooftop chase looks insane. Also, I'm calling it now: the second Captain Marvel trailer will be a long one like this ;) I don't think the reaction to the first trailer for CM was favorable enough for Marvel, and I think the folks over there are taking note of how effective and impactful this extended format is proving to be.
Viva la Virtue!

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Aquaman: Extended 5-Minute Trailer
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 03:29:28 PM »
I am a long time comics reader and I don't really know what Arthur Curry's personality is.  I think they are 100% banking on Jason Momoa's charisma to write on the blank slate that is Aquaman.  Personally, I think it is a good decision and should make for a good movie provided Momoa can handle the range required for the part.