Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 28197 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
The Flash Season 5
« on: October 10, 2018, 02:35:08 PM »
I don't know if you guys are interested in the show or not, but I'm going to create this thread just in case. So.... Nora Allen-West. I got nothing.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 11:48:13 PM »
I'm not interested in it but I watched it anyway. Just as terrible as always.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Was that supposed to be a Qwardian weaponeer at the end with the lightning bolt knife that looked like a 6 year old made it?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 04:34:12 AM »
Dagnabbit.  Now I'll have to watch it just to find a reason to disagree with Vee.  ;)
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 05:15:01 AM »
Dagnabbit.  Now I'll have to watch it just to find a reason to disagree with Vee.  ;)

Nuh-uh

Oh and kudos to them for bringing back 'schway'. Cuz when middle aged nerds made up future teen speak in the late 90s they made it to last.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 01:40:23 PM »
Oh and kudos to them for bringing back 'schway'. Cuz when middle aged nerds made up future teen speak in the late 90s they made it to last.

I thought that callback was beyond groovy.

The new suit was pretty good.

Iris' face looked a bit weird to me.

It seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with Dibny but were obligated to do something.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 08:49:38 PM »
I loved it - much better than last season. I wish that we could have stuck around long enough to see Nora's face the first time that she heard her father say, "I'm proud of you." Also, while I know that Cisco can recite almost every line from almost any movie, I didn't expect him to have a not-very-well-known Shakespeare reference like, "I am Fortune's fool!" And finally, when Wally clocked Gridlock, I would have had him say, "Sir,..." [speedpunch] "...please remain seated."
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:13:27 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2018, 02:48:49 AM »
Waaaaaay better than the first episode of last season ("Oh, Iris is in trouble, let me magically snap out of it and become weirdly over-the-top happy!"). Of course I actually enjoyed the rest of S4 overall more than I was led to expect from the awful reviews, so who knows.

Figures that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as far as completely screwing up the timeline. Allen speedsters just can't help themselves. Nora seems like exactly what I expected from the teasers in S4.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2018, 01:57:40 PM »
Waaaaaay better than the first episode of last season ("Oh, Iris is in trouble, let me magically snap out of it and become weirdly over-the-top happy!"). Of course I actually enjoyed the rest of S4 overall more than I was led to expect from the awful reviews, so who knows.

Figures that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree as far as completely screwing up the timeline. Allen speedsters just can't help themselves. Nora seems like exactly what I expected from the teasers in S4.

Luckily Barry wasn't around when she was growing up or he could have taught her how to REALLY screw up the timeline.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2018, 06:11:12 PM »
I just realized that Barry wasn't simply making a lame excuse when he said that they should make sure that Nora's powers were "working correctly" before sending her back. He realized that they might not be able to stop his going missing, and so, if she does need to continue as the city's guardian, she needs to be a fully-capable speedster.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2018, 01:48:19 AM »
I just realized that Barry wasn't simply making a lame excuse when he said that they should make sure that Nora's powers were "working correctly" before sending her back. He realized that they might not be able to stop his going missing, and so, if she does need to continue as the city's guardian, she needs to be a fully-capable speedster.

So no faith in Wally I guess?

He just never learns though. Messing around with time and time travel is bad, M'kay.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 09:16:05 PM »
I reserve the right to be extremely annoyed if the big bad turns out to be Caitlyn's father.  Or just merely annoyed if he's linked to her father.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2018, 03:34:27 AM »
I think Joe must be pregnant irl since they're only ever showing him sitting down this season.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2018, 04:21:39 AM »
I think Joe must be pregnant irl since they're only ever showing him sitting down this season.

Wasn't he standing in the doorway in a checking-the-baby-plus-drama scene?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 04:58:48 AM »
I try to come up with something silly to say that doesn't involve how awful the show is and Tenzhi has to go and call shenanigans >:O

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2018, 08:45:31 PM »
So the theme this season is fathers it seems.

Does Cavanagh have a clause in his contract where he has to play numerous characters?  Sheesh.  Sherloque is mildly irritating (and seems more like a Hercule). 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 12:58:02 AM »
So an argument combining lying with who gets to go into danger! From the future! Oh cw writers you spoil us.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 01:52:29 PM »
So the theme this season is fathers it seems.

Does Cavanagh have a clause in his contract where he has to play numerous characters?  Sheesh.  Sherloque is mildly irritating (and seems more like a Hercule).

That's rather the point. He gets to play different versions of the same guy. Annoying and French. Though could be argued almost the same thing.  8)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
Well, it's definitely a Flash thing that Cavanagh plays multiple roles. And the multiverse is a Flash thing. And pretty much ALL Wellses are mildly irritating.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 04:13:31 AM »
Ever since Nora said "Papa Joe" and "Mama Cecile" in the season premiere, my brain keeps trying to turn them into "Papa John" (the name of a pizza restaurant) and "Mama Celeste" (the name of a brand of frozen pizza). :/ Guess what I like.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2018, 04:42:37 AM »