Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 28182 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2019, 05:07:15 AM »
You know, I actually didn't make that connection.  Not often I miss that sort of thing.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2019, 06:01:14 AM »
Barry is the LAST person to be making these kind of decisions. Didn't he keep secret things he changed during Flashpoint? He finally confessed but still didn't tell them about how things were before he screwed up for quite a while.

And I also believe Thawne is doing this on purpose. His last chance at revenge by turning Barry's only child against him.

It would help their case if they didn't crap on Sherlok Wells for figuring it out. "Oh hey the Master Detective deduced that Nora has been receiving information on the most dangerous villain The Flash has, who could very well be manipulating her to change time for his benefit or you know..trying to Return of the Jedi her."

This entire plot is being strung along by Thawne for his benefit.

Edit : Since Diggle got brought up, do the writers just hate his family or something? Every family member of his that gets introduced ends up being evil or incompetent. Next season his mom will end up being an Agent of Darksied or something.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 07:54:19 AM by ryuplaneswalker »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2019, 05:41:50 AM »
So XS became SX.  Killer Frost gave up her range advantage.  Stupid arguments were had and decisions made.  But the main thing I was focused on was what were those three wheeled cars in the future.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #103 on: May 02, 2019, 03:10:26 PM »
Barry is the LAST person to be making these kind of decisions. Didn't he keep secret things he changed during Flashpoint? He finally confessed but still didn't tell them about how things were before he screwed up for quite a while.

And I also believe Thawne is doing this on purpose. His last chance at revenge by turning Barry's only child against him.
Barry being the FIRST person to be making these kinds of decisions is pretty much his track record. He has yet to really learn from these mistakes.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: May 03, 2019, 01:31:34 AM »
Barry being the FIRST person to be making these kinds of decisions is pretty much his track record. He has yet to really learn from these mistakes.

I know.
Plus every second Nora is in the past the future she came from is being changed.
That alone should make Team Moro..er Team Flash realize she doesn't belong. They almost crucified Barry for how he messed up their lives with Flashtime.

Plus Nora is an anomaly - shouldn't the Legends be all over this as well?

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2019, 06:17:25 AM »
So XS became SX.  Killer Frost gave up her range advantage.  Stupid arguments were had and decisions made.  But the main thing I was focused on was what were those three wheeled cars in the future.

That happened to me on Supergirl a few times.

Aliens vs Humans, whatever don't care. I want to know how Hat guy with no super strength lifted a Million Pound Key with just a pair of techy gloves on.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2019, 05:24:28 PM »
That happened to me on Supergirl a few times.

Aliens vs Humans, whatever don't care. I want to know how Hat guy with no super strength lifted a Million Pound Key with just a pair of techy gloves on.

I was assuming those were like the anti-gravity clamp things used to move heavy objects in Star Trek.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2019, 02:11:00 AM »
I thought the hat guy had 5th dimensional tech, so limited Mxy powers.

But re Flash - "G.Simone & Associates" - they finally got a good writer on this show. too bad it was just as an easter egg.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2019, 11:41:32 AM »
I was assuming those were like the anti-gravity clamp things used to move heavy objects in Star Trek.

That is the obvious solution, but they still should have like a line talking about it because hat man deadlifted something that shouldn't have even sat on the crust of the earth given it's mass. Of course that still doesn't answer..why The Teleport 5th Mxy power hat guy..didn't just teleport into Superman's Ice Fort.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2019, 08:35:26 PM »
I really have to remember to save the penultimate episode of the season to watch the day before the season finale, so I don't have to WAIT A FULL FRUSTRATING WEEK for the resolution of the cliffhanger!
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2019, 09:35:48 PM »
I really have to remember to save the penultimate episode of the season to watch the day before the season finale, so I don't have to WAIT A FULL FRUSTRATING WEEK for the resolution of the cliffhanger!

Its a homage to the last episode of the 2nd season of Blakes 7 and TNG season 3 - both end the episode on people yelling "Fire!"

Here its "Don't Fire!"

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2019, 03:09:49 AM »
Its a homage to the last episode of the 2nd season of Blakes 7 and TNG season 3 - both end the episode on people yelling "Fire!"

Here its "Don't Fire!"

Now that's a series I wish was available digitally.  I wouldn't even mind if they remade it and remained true to the original. Though it would be hard to find a match for either Michael Keating or Paul Darrow. Both were perfect in their role.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #112 on: May 09, 2019, 09:31:27 AM »
Oh hey look.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Thawne was manipulating the entire thing the whole time and everyone walked right into the trap.

WHO COULD HAVE THUNK IT.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
Man, ryu, that one's so obvious it probably didn't require a spoiler tag.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #114 on: May 09, 2019, 12:06:05 PM »
Oh hey look.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Thawne was manipulating the entire thing the whole time and everyone walked right into the trap.

WHO COULD HAVE THUNK IT.

Barry did. But no one listened.

And kudos to Ralph for figuring it out even before Shurlock.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:21 AM »
Barry did. But no one listened.

Not only that, they yelled at him for bringing up the idea that Thawne was bad.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2019, 04:25:39 PM »
Not only that, they yelled at him for bringing up the idea that Thawne was bad.

Not they. Iris yelled at him.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2019, 11:39:49 PM »
And everyone stood in the room and watched her and didn't point out "Hey you know..Thawne is a super evil genius maybe Barry is right on this one."

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2019, 12:52:36 AM »
And everyone stood in the room and watched her and didn't point out "Hey you know..Thawne is a super evil genius maybe Barry is right on this one."

Well he was. Which may be a first -  Barry gets something right.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #119 on: May 15, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
We have to wait until next season to see Frost's new suit? (I'm not calling her "Killer Frost"; that's a villain name.)

Also, at the end, can anyone tell me what was written/typed on the tab of the file folder that Ralph was starting to read? (I had to watch it online, on a small computer screen, so I couldn't make it out.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:47:42 PM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.