Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 28195 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2018, 05:21:30 PM »
Having the original 1990 "The Flash" series on DVD, I immediately recognized that the Flash costume, at the end, is the one from that series. It's probably a copy, since the original was made from some kind of latex, but it's the same design - right down to the too-small white circle and/or oversized lightning bolt on the chest emblem, and the corners on the mask's eyeholes.

Yep. Probably made with newer materials but looks the same. Wasn't the original some deeps sea suit or something?

Shipp is getting as many characters on this show as Cavanaugh lol.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:30 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"At least you still have one."

I had originally thought that it was a reference to Barry's having had twins in the comic books (one of them being named Dawn), but only having one child in this timeline. But now, I know that it makes much more sense for it to be more like, "At least you still have one Nora, despite my having murdered the other." That would explain the hatred on Barry's face in reaction to the line.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 12:35:51 AM »
Wasn't the original some deeps sea suit or something?

That's how I remember it.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2018, 03:50:37 AM »
About Nora's ability to time travel:

Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought she had done something to her timeline that she couldn't get home.  Was she faking that all along, or did they fix that? 

Presumably she's still in 2018 to keep her dad from dying.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2018, 05:58:48 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I thought she had done something to her timeline that she couldn't get home.  Was she faking that all along, or did they fix that? 

It was a lie.  She was using it as an excuse to hang out with and get to know her father.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2018, 05:31:21 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
It was a lie.  She was using it as an excuse to hang out with and get to know her father.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And yell at her mother. And then make up with her. And then get mad at her father. And then make up with him.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2018, 08:31:17 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
And yell at her mother. And then make up with her. And then get mad at her father. And then make up with him.

Teenagers, man...
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 12:31:57 PM »
I know we were all on pins and needles worrying that after the crossover and the break they might decide that dark matter infused tech was too clown shoes even for this show. Instead they doubled down. I for one am relieved.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2019, 04:02:41 PM »

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2019, 09:42:58 PM »
I don't have time for these to come back now, dagnabbit.  There's Punisher season 2 and The Grand Tour season 3 coming up, and this anime to finish...  blargh.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2019, 05:40:25 PM »
I don't have time for these to come back now, dagnabbit.  There's Punisher season 2 and The Grand Tour season 3 coming up, and this anime to finish...  blargh.

If only there was some way to watch shows after they have aired..............

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2019, 06:14:38 PM »
If only there was some way to watch shows after they have aired..............

The unfortunate thing with the CW shows is that they're only up for a limited time, and if I miss that window I'll have to wait until they have the season on Netflix.  So even if there are other things I'd rather be watching in the immediate, I'll have to put those on hold to make room for the CW stuff. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2019, 10:06:04 PM »
That car was pretty silly.  The notion that someone specifically would have designed a cans and string icon for when someone mysteriously hijacks the radio struck me as the silliest thing.  I think it was a Chevelle, but had it been an Impala the silliest thing might've been that it was named SAM.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2019, 04:50:44 AM »
That car was pretty silly.  The notion that someone specifically would have designed a cans and string icon for when someone mysteriously hijacks the radio struck me as the silliest thing.  I think it was a Chevelle, but had it been an Impala the silliest thing might've been that it was named SAM.

I'm wondering if it might end up being Batwoman's Batmobile when that show starts.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2019, 04:58:12 AM »

I bought that part completely. They made sure to point out that the car was Wayne Tech. When it comes to gadgets Batman plans ahead for everything. Automatically picking up general wide band broadcasts is a very very Batman thing to do. So the radio wasn't hijacked it just automatically tuned into what would probably be a distress call. The more lighthearted Batman often uses icon type symbols for his gadgets, and cans and string is a pretty good representation of somebody trying to communicate through primitive means. I'm assuming the Batman of this Earth is closer to Keaton than Bale. Since the vehicle was in Argus, Bruce probably intended it for his own use and made sure they would get it when he 'vanished' so that it didn't fall into the wrong hands.

The only part that bothered me was they stole the whole cure thing directly almost word for word from X-Men last stand.  One meta/mutant saying that it was a great idea for curing mutants who want to be normal. And the closest friend of that mutant ignoring every single thing they know about them and immediately bitching that the cure would be used on everybody.  And who is the person who bitches?  The one with cold powers.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2019, 05:24:30 AM »
If Silver Ghost is former military, it isn't U.S. military. No branch of the U.S. armed forces salutes with the thumb folded across the palm. :/ When you watch the salute, you're seeing her hand edge-on. If her thumb were properly placed, you wouldn't be able to see it. (At least she didn't cup her palm, which REALLY makes me cringe.)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2019, 06:26:39 AM »
The only part that bothered me was they stole the whole cure thing directly almost word for word from X-Men last stand.  One meta/mutant saying that it was a great idea for curing mutants who want to be normal. And the closest friend of that mutant ignoring every single thing they know about them and immediately bitching that the cure would be used on everybody.  And who is the person who bitches?  The one with cold powers.

I was going to complain about that, too, but I figured the counter-argument would be the inevitable weaponisation of the cure.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2019, 06:47:00 AM »
I like that it's the guy with the power to completely avoid traffic that's griping about how terrible it is to have powers. Oh my life where I could be at any beach, restaurant, etc. in the world and get into any event anywhere for free is so awful because of my powers and totally not because I'm too stupid to use them for anything other than showing up for villain fights that would already be over if my friend weren't also too stupid to use his powers correctly.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2019, 08:09:25 PM »
I like that it's the guy with the power to completely avoid traffic that's griping about how terrible it is to have powers. Oh my life where I could be at any beach, restaurant, etc. in the world and get into any event anywhere for free is so awful because of my powers and totally not because I'm too stupid to use them for anything other than showing up for villain fights that would already be over if my friend weren't also too stupid to use his powers correctly.

I don't recall Cisco every complaining about his powers before.

First off he has very useful powers, as you say. Plus, just don't use them if they bother you.

And if its an anti-dark matter cure, shouldn't work on Killer Frost anyway so shouldn't be her problem.

And I think we all know where this is headed. He makes the cure and then some villain gets his hands on it and depowers some of team Flash.
Then they have to figure how to make an anti-anti-dark matter cure.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2019, 08:27:20 PM »
I don't recall Cisco every complaining about his powers before.

Well they were giving him nosebleeds for a while but yeah, just another instance of manufactured drama with no particular relation to previous characterization.