Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 28404 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »
I think Joe must be pregnant irl since they're only ever showing him sitting down this season.

The actual reason is bad. He got a severe back injury during the hiatus.  They are going to write him out of the show for the rest of the season. Don't know when that episode is happening but Joe will be gone for most of the season and they are "hoping" he will be recovered for season six.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
I knew something seemed off about his appearances but wrote it off to my imagination after Tenzhi pointed out he had stood some.

And re Super Firebug's message - I'm sure Papa John's would be thrilled if he were Papa John. Would have saved them a PR nightmare.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 02:30:26 AM »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
The actual reason is bad. He got a severe back injury during the hiatus.  They are going to write him out of the show for the rest of the season. Don't know when that episode is happening but Joe will be gone for most of the season and they are "hoping" he will be recovered for season six.

Too bad. I was hoping he would be ok to film more active stuff by the end of the season.

He is great as Joe.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 03:27:28 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that he was so badly injured. Jesse Martin is one of the best things about the Flash. He brings so much heart to the show. He's probably the thing I miss most since I stopped watching.

Ulysses Dare

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-\ I kept meaning to check and see if he was sick or injured. Like Vee said, normally when I see an actress portrayed like that my first thought would be "she must be pregnant". Unfortunately, the probable explanations for male actors are less worthy of celebration.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-\ I kept meaning to check and see if he was sick or injured. Like Vee said, normally when I see an actress portrayed like that my first thought would be "she must be pregnant". Unfortunately, the probable explanations for male actors are less worthy of celebration.

No kidding.  For instance the final season of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. They almost completely eliminated the fighting and started doing shows where characters would spend 10 minutes explaining their philosophy. Or alternate universe stories where the characters wound up in a universe where they were actors playing the part (our universe).  And all because Kevin Sorbo had a stroke and couldn't stand, got exhausted after just a couple minutes, couldn't hear well, etc...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
No kidding.  For instance the final season of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. They almost completely eliminated the fighting and started doing shows where characters would spend 10 minutes explaining their philosophy. Or alternate universe stories where the characters wound up in a universe where they were actors playing the part (our universe).  And all because Kevin Sorbo had a stroke and couldn't stand, got exhausted after just a couple minutes, couldn't hear well, etc...

An answer to a question I didn't even know I wanted to ask!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »

Unless the male actor was placed behind strategically located plants or pillows on the lap or wear way to bulky clothes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 09:51:44 PM »
Grant Gustin had some oddly dark moustache stubble going on in that Rag Doll episode.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:11 PM »
Grant Gustin had some oddly dark moustache stubble going on in that Rag Doll episode.

He's pregnant too.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »
He's pregnant too.

[Homer Simpson grumble voice]     "Stupid dark matter side effects.."

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2018, 01:44:22 PM »
Good gravy, they are really being heavy handed with this whole fathers theme...

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
Generally, the father thing is cool for me, but I'm getting tired of Nora's lesson of the week.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Seriously? She's got a part of her that is mad at her dad?! This is something about which I have firsthand knowledge. My father was murdered while doing his job, and I never got to really know him. I'll be damned if I'd ever come close to blaming him for it. She lost a ton of respect from me this week, not that she had much.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
Generally, the father thing is cool for me, but I'm getting tired of Nora's lesson of the week.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Seriously? She's got a part of her that is mad at her dad?! This is something about which I have firsthand knowledge. My father was murdered while doing his job, and I never got to really know him. I'll be damned if I'd ever come close to blaming him for it. She lost a ton of respect from me this week, not that she had much.

Don't know why she even bothered coming back to the past then.
Spoiler for Hidden:
She seems to have hate for both parents. And it seems to spring from nowhere - the first couple episodes she was so happy to be with mom and dad and then suddenly she gets mad at Iris that one episode. Where was this anger when they first met? Then she was all happy to work with Barry then suddenly now she is mad at him too? Plus she tells him he should give up being the Flash to change his future. I guess trying to f**k up the timeline runs in the family.

And the lesson of the week is getting tiresome. Honestly, she sucks at being a speedster for the most part. No wonder Iris took away her powers in the future.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2018, 09:57:10 PM »
Don't know why she even bothered coming back to the past then.
Spoiler for Hidden:
She seems to have hate for both parents. And it seems to spring from nowhere - the first couple episodes she was so happy to be with mom and dad and then suddenly she gets mad at Iris that one episode. Where was this anger when they first met? Then she was all happy to work with Barry then suddenly now she is mad at him too? Plus she tells him he should give up being the Flash to change his future. I guess trying to f**k up the timeline runs in the family.

And the lesson of the week is getting tiresome. Honestly, she sucks at being a speedster for the most part. No wonder Iris took away her powers in the future.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Of course she hates both her parents. In the Arrowverse lies are the ultimate evil.  If you killed your inlaws the response would be "You couldn't help it. Don't blame yourself."  but lie about not eating the last slice of pizza and it's divorce time because you are utterly untrustworthy.  Mom lied about the implant. Dad lied about staying safe.  In order to redeem yourself you have to do something absolutely suicidal and somehow survive. After which everything returns to normal until you lie about starting the dishwasher.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2018, 03:46:57 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Of course she hates both her parents. In the Arrowverse lies are the ultimate evil.  If you killed your inlaws the response would be "You couldn't help it. Don't blame yourself."  but lie about not eating the last slice of pizza and it's divorce time because you are utterly untrustworthy.  Mom lied about the implant. Dad lied about staying safe.  In order to redeem yourself you have to do something absolutely suicidal and somehow survive. After which everything returns to normal until you lie about starting the dishwasher.

LOL

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 04:41:28 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Barry: Hey guys, how do we stop Cicada?
Nora: I have an idea. Let's f--- up time to defeat him.
Barry: No.
Nora: Yes.
Barry: Ok.
STUPID!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2018, 02:14:48 PM »
Well that was a convoluted mess of time travel.  Interesting bit at the end.  And after.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2018, 02:05:05 AM »
Having the original 1990 "The Flash" series on DVD, I immediately recognized that the Flash costume, at the end, is the one from that series. It's probably a copy, since the original was made from some kind of latex, but it's the same design - right down to the too-small white circle and/or oversized lightning bolt on the chest emblem, and the corners on the mask's eyeholes.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.