Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 490 times)

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2018, 10:48:31 PM »
I think Joe must be pregnant irl since they're only ever showing him sitting down this season.

The actual reason is bad. He got a severe back injury during the hiatus.  They are going to write him out of the show for the rest of the season. Don't know when that episode is happening but Joe will be gone for most of the season and they are "hoping" he will be recovered for season six.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2018, 11:03:11 PM »
I knew something seemed off about his appearances but wrote it off to my imagination after Tenzhi pointed out he had stood some.

And re Super Firebug's message - I'm sure Papa John's would be thrilled if he were Papa John. Would have saved them a PR nightmare.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2018, 02:30:26 AM »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
The actual reason is bad. He got a severe back injury during the hiatus.  They are going to write him out of the show for the rest of the season. Don't know when that episode is happening but Joe will be gone for most of the season and they are "hoping" he will be recovered for season six.

Too bad. I was hoping he would be ok to film more active stuff by the end of the season.

He is great as Joe.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 03:27:28 AM »
I'm sorry to hear that he was so badly injured. Jesse Martin is one of the best things about the Flash. He brings so much heart to the show. He's probably the thing I miss most since I stopped watching.

Ulysses Dare

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 07:21:01 PM »
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-\ I kept meaning to check and see if he was sick or injured. Like Vee said, normally when I see an actress portrayed like that my first thought would be "she must be pregnant". Unfortunately, the probable explanations for male actors are less worthy of celebration.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2018, 12:52:37 PM »
Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  :-\ I kept meaning to check and see if he was sick or injured. Like Vee said, normally when I see an actress portrayed like that my first thought would be "she must be pregnant". Unfortunately, the probable explanations for male actors are less worthy of celebration.

No kidding.  For instance the final season of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. They almost completely eliminated the fighting and started doing shows where characters would spend 10 minutes explaining their philosophy. Or alternate universe stories where the characters wound up in a universe where they were actors playing the part (our universe).  And all because Kevin Sorbo had a stroke and couldn't stand, got exhausted after just a couple minutes, couldn't hear well, etc...

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2018, 03:00:51 PM »
No kidding.  For instance the final season of Hercules the Legendary Journeys. They almost completely eliminated the fighting and started doing shows where characters would spend 10 minutes explaining their philosophy. Or alternate universe stories where the characters wound up in a universe where they were actors playing the part (our universe).  And all because Kevin Sorbo had a stroke and couldn't stand, got exhausted after just a couple minutes, couldn't hear well, etc...

An answer to a question I didn't even know I wanted to ask!
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2018, 04:51:04 PM »

Unless the male actor was placed behind strategically located plants or pillows on the lap or wear way to bulky clothes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2018, 09:51:44 PM »
Grant Gustin had some oddly dark moustache stubble going on in that Rag Doll episode.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 11:30:11 PM »
Grant Gustin had some oddly dark moustache stubble going on in that Rag Doll episode.

He's pregnant too.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2018, 08:30:01 PM »
He's pregnant too.

[Homer Simpson grumble voice]     "Stupid dark matter side effects.."