Author Topic: The Flash Season 5  (Read 28194 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: The Flash Season 5
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2019, 10:32:24 PM »
I think these season long story arcs can be problematic.  Especially when they're hammering at them nearly every episode.  They should stay more episodic, and if they're going to have a season arc only a handful of episodes should revolve around it, with a few epilogue scenes here and there to remind us it's going on.

I have mentioned this on posts in other boards. Barry is fast, really fast. He brought Goldberg half way around the world and back in like 3 seconds.

Once they have Cicada stunned or separated from his power taking away dagger - just super speed him into one of the cells in Star Labs - boom! -  no more powers.

Like a few episodes ago - Frost had the dagger held in her cold spell - Cicada was powerless - zoom him into a cell.

Or when he throws the dagger - breach that into a cell to dampen its powers or breach it to Earth 37 or something where Cicada cant get to it.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: February 14, 2019, 03:07:50 AM »
Presumably goldalloyface isn't as catchy.

Well, 18-karat gold (commonly used in jewelry) is still referred to simply as gold. Goldface's gold doesn't have to be 24-karat, necessarily.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2019, 03:15:55 AM »
It appears that there's a rumor going 'round that Carlos Valdes (Cisco/Vibe) may be leaving The Flash after this season - which would explain the new love interest, Cisco's interest in the meta cure, and his suddenly-revealed desire to marry and have kids.

If true, the part that I'll miss the most is his arguments/banter with Harry (although, with Harry's new personality resulting from the mental reconstruction, they're not guaranteed to continue, anyway). Those two were a tremendous lot of fun when they did that.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2019, 05:21:40 AM »
I have mentioned this on posts in other boards. Barry is fast, really fast. He brought Goldberg half way around the world and back in like 3 seconds.

Once they have Cicada stunned or separated from his power taking away dagger - just super speed him into one of the cells in Star Labs - boom! -  no more powers.

Like a few episodes ago - Frost had the dagger held in her cold spell - Cicada was powerless - zoom him into a cell.

Or when he throws the dagger - breach that into a cell to dampen its powers or breach it to Earth 37 or something where Cicada cant get to it.

If they started using their powers correctly the writers would have to come up with more dad jokes and spin the lunatic character wheel twice per episode to fill all the extra time.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2019, 06:37:38 AM »
It appears that there's a rumor going 'round that Carlos Valdes (Cisco/Vibe) may be leaving The Flash after this season - which would explain the new love interest, Cisco's interest in the meta cure, and his suddenly-revealed desire to marry and have kids.

If true, the part that I'll miss the most is his arguments/banter with Harry (although, with Harry's new personality resulting from the mental reconstruction, they're not guaranteed to continue, anyway). Those two were a tremendous lot of fun when they did that.

There goes the best part of the show.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2019, 05:43:10 PM »

That would suck. I like Cisco a lot. Though it would be a good idea to keep your powers, just in case.

Now I wonder if its also possible to reverse the cure and give someone powers with a dark matter injection - like they had in Heroes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2019, 12:42:16 PM »
The best part of that episode was Stefan and Ian.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2019, 02:43:10 PM »
Joe West is back baby!

Good to see Jesse again.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2019, 08:51:47 PM »
So now two people get a miserable life thanks to neither of the speedsters just grabbing a hat.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #89 on: March 09, 2019, 11:01:51 PM »
So now two people get a miserable life thanks to neither of the speedsters just grabbing a hat.

I don't think a hat would've accomplished anything.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: March 09, 2019, 11:19:14 PM »
I don't think a hat would've accomplished anything.

How dare you speak ill of hats on a forum offshoot of an mmo.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2019, 05:04:06 AM »
How dare you speak ill of hats on a forum offshoot of an mmo.

Are you calling me a maligner of millinery?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2019, 06:01:03 AM »
If the chapeau fits...

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »
Are you calling me a maligner of millinery?

If the chapeau fits...

;D

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2019, 09:24:07 PM »
In the episode of Apr. 23rd, the opening argument between Barry and Iris is exactly why I never wanted to be married - being expected to check in with Mommy and get her approval on EVERYthing!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2019, 09:41:48 AM »
Oh, man... I forgot this existed.  I wonder how much catching up I have to do...  so unmotivated.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2019, 11:57:57 AM »
In the episode of Apr. 23rd, the opening argument between Barry and Iris is exactly why I never wanted to be married - being expected to check in with Mommy and get her approval on EVERYthing!
Not everything. Something extremely important like this? Absolutely. Barry was basically making decisions that affect everybody for everybody. He had no right to do that. Being married didn't have much to do with it. Not to mention, he basically committed kidnapping and sort of false imprisonment.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »

I know what you mean. I hate when I argue with my wife about taking our lying daughter back to the future and stranding her there. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2019, 12:30:37 PM »
Not everything. Something extremely important like this? Absolutely. Barry was basically making decisions that affect everybody for everybody. He had no right to do that. Being married didn't have much to do with it. Not to mention, he basically committed kidnapping and sort of false imprisonment.

Barry is the LAST person to be making these kind of decisions. Didn't he keep secret things he changed during Flashpoint? He finally confessed but still didn't tell them about how things were before he screwed up for quite a while.

And I also believe Thawne is doing this on purpose. His last chance at revenge by turning Barry's only child against him.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2019, 03:09:05 AM »
Something not really about Flash but tied into the Arrowverse and Flash.  Remember (of course you remember) in the crossover Shipp's version of Barry Allen/Flash seemed to recognize John Diggle as Green Lantern.  I just watched the last episode of Arrow which revealed John's step father as General Stewart.  So if John had taken his stepfathers last name then he would be John Stewart which as far as I'm concerned definitely verifies that he is GL in at least one universe.  Who knows, maybe since next season is the final season of Arrow the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover will see John becoming Green Lantern.