Author Topic: SEGS 0.6.0 Release "Outbreak"  (Read 6206 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
SEGS 0.6.0 Release "Outbreak"
« on: October 31, 2018, 06:18:54 PM »
Not sure if anyone follows this effort closely, but they posted a new version today.  Details can be found here:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/395723336677851137/507246103075225611/SEGS_v0.6.0_Media_Release.pdf

Admins, if there is a dedicated section for this, where it would be better placed, feel free to move it there.  If there isn't a dedicated section (ala Valiance, Ship of Heroes, etc), perhaps we need one?
What was no more, is now reborn!

LateNights

• Elite Boss
Re: SEGS 0.6.0 Release "Outbreak"
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:15:24 PM »
Good idea - it's hard to keep track for those of us who are following from a distance (not getting my hopes up yet, but I'd like to know how it's coming along).

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 07:10:16 AM »
It is much easier to install than the previous version.

Ultimate15

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
They just posted a 'How-To' info video to their Youtube page yesterday that covers a lot of questions/issues users may have.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JchAPPO7m68&fbclid=IwAR31RW5Cz9EQE1vDCFK_JL_4nt37cYOsd3yjUysYqueq4XayGmseRXgCxNI
Viva la Virtue!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 12:41:50 AM »

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
They just posted a 'How-To' info video to their Youtube page yesterday that covers a lot of questions/issues users may have.

Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JchAPPO7m68&fbclid=IwAR31RW5Cz9EQE1vDCFK_JL_4nt37cYOsd3yjUysYqueq4XayGmseRXgCxNI

Watched the whole 'Play the Game' 20 minutes.  Very interesting.

LUA scripting for contacts, inspires are there, enhancements, xp, stamina, health...and flight/hover, levelling and zoning.

Sure, the back end of all the powers isn't wired up yet but it's a start.

Powers and mob spawning and AI and you have street sweeping?  (Though, I'd have thought all 3 are significant hurdles...)

One thing they talked about in the video was about creating mission content via 3rd parties.  Ie allow users to LUA.

My idea?

Put LUA with a simple GUI.

Dice Roll Mission content: (You know, how you can random roll a costume?)

eg.

1. Dice Roll Zone. (eg. Striga.)
2. Dice Roll interior mission instance (eg. Warehouse.)
3. Dice Roll Objective. (Eg. Click the glowie crate box from Dr. Mega Doom to save the Docks from being blown sky high.)
4. Dice Roll Mobs. (Council mobs...with Lieutenant and Boss.)

You could adjust mob size and difficulty via the field agent..?

So, if all the zones, mission instances, objectives and mobs were wired up to the client...then they could be 'dice rolled' as an instance.

The whole thing is instanced dice roll content.

Like it?  Save the dice roll for future play.

What this gives future CoH community is the ability for the 'non techie' to quickly pile up content for the community to use.

It would be super quick to get content going on a private and community basis this way..?

What do you think?

I'm not suggesting there won't be tools to create more cultured mission arcs like a zone, instance and mob architect creator...

...but the above idea would allow the community to get going and even contribute to create missions if they aren't tech' minded?

Something for the SEGs developers to consider.

Or even CoH Titan's reverse emulation efforts...

Regards,

Azrael.

mobbyg

• Minion
  • Ultra Knight Lives!!
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 02:30:36 AM »

My idea?

Put LUA with a simple GUI.

Dice Roll Mission content: (You know, how you can random roll a costume?)

eg.

1. Dice Roll Zone. (eg. Striga.)
2. Dice Roll interior mission instance (eg. Warehouse.)
3. Dice Roll Objective. (Eg. Click the glowie crate box from Dr. Mega Doom to save the Docks from being blown sky high.)
4. Dice Roll Mobs. (Council mobs...with Lieutenant and Boss.)

You could adjust mob size and difficulty via the field agent..?

So, if all the zones, mission instances, objectives and mobs were wired up to the client...then they could be 'dice rolled' as an instance.

The whole thing is instanced dice roll content.

Like it?  Save the dice roll for future play.

What this gives future CoH community is the ability for the 'non techie' to quickly pile up content for the community to use.

It would be super quick to get content going on a private and community basis this way..?

What do you think?

I'm not suggesting there won't be tools to create more cultured mission arcs like a zone, instance and mob architect creator...

...but the above idea would allow the community to get going and even contribute to create missions if they aren't tech' minded?

Something for the SEGs developers to consider.

I shall pass this along! Thanks!

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »
Thank you.

LUA scripting sounds great and all.  But when I think of the coh community in general...a simple gui editor to lego bolt together pieces or dice roll the main elements from a list of variables gets most people on board.l and able to contribute content as a community.

Who knows...maybe one day we'll get a plug and play map editor like the SG base editor built on top of Paragon Chat.  I'm sure it's not trivial but maybe the SG base stuff in PC is proof of concept.

Azrael.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 08:14:13 PM »
I think they're putting in Lua scripting first because it's well documented by now, it's accessible to anyone who wants to learn it, and it can be improved with updates in the future.

I'm crap at programming and I can use Lua... made scripts for chatbots in IRC with it.  It's as friendly as BASIC was back in the day.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran