Author Topic: Zone Chat....  (Read 3595 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Zone Chat....
« on: November 27, 2018, 05:25:22 PM »
Wow, I was so impressed with ... the evil presence that seemed to have been lifted from Zone chat, last night.. I'd forgotten how nice it was once in the CO world... without this presence.

I dunno how to describe it, exactly.. If felt... pre-Cosmic... and good.

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Zone Chat....
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 06:54:39 PM »
Haven't really experienced it during American peak hours in a long, long time, but I tend not to have an issue with it.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 08:44:06 PM »
*shrug*

I don't know how to describe the vibe. It felt like when I started playing more than when I stopped? More.. fun? Light? Comic book gamey happy player filled?

Good action in the queues.. Fun with newbs.. Familiar @'s...

The old CO. I didn't even log in to a forced retcon and my Q got sold for better than 475 per Z..

So nostalgic  : )

~~~

Oh hey! I got a lot of mileage out of that Party Cannon (I forget the name..) you sent me, last night. That thing is kinda uber for a newb. I would have liked to have had one when I first started. It even knocks down mobs (I thought it just worked on players) and in a pretty decent cylinder with a respectable recharge rate. I was firing it off in every Grab, just for fun : D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:51:11 AM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 12:39:39 PM »
For the past few years, the only times I'm in game are mornings and afternoons (US time). Zone Chat tends to be sort of fun, seemingly very cliquish group of regulars that tease each other with in-jokes that I don't get being an outsider. So, I largely ignore it all, except for the odd "passive OV in ren cen" blahblah.

Also, a lot of my time is spent on Monster Island (my favourite zone, scenery-wise). I often have the zone all to myself, or everybody's fighting the dino or ape.

Hmm... the Party Cannon must have come from someone else. There isn't a big event going on, so I haven't got any lewts. Lately, there's just been the Aquatic Lockboxes and the Nighthawk mini-event. I'm totally disinterested in both. Well, I enjoy beating on the groups of Nighthawk mobs around MC, but the Nighthawk store has nothing for me (costume pieces and vehicles that I'm not interested in).

The Party Cannon was a free gift from the Anniversary event, I think.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 12:45:41 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:27:22 PM »

Hmm... the Party Cannon must have come from someone else. ...

The Party Cannon was a free gift from the Anniversary event, I think.

Wait, wha?? lol I have to look, now.. It was in my mail! Shame on me for not noticing who sent me lewts! I never got lewt distributed to me from CO itself, in my mail... Did you get a cannon in yours?

Well, the thing is uber. I assuuuuuumed you tossed it in my mail due to you were the only person I was expecting any kind of mail from. I'll have to look, now. I'm nearly certain it wasn't a gamewide distro.

Also, a lot of my time is spent on Monster Island (my favourite zone, scenery-wise).

If I had to pick a favorite zone then MI would at least make it to the top of the list. The only bad thing about it is if you want to go from one end to the other - it's a lot easier to fly. I'm more of an Athletics person. This would be my toons' vehicles (In CO our toons not only have their own dollies, but, their own wheels/jets) favorite zone due to it sees the most use (which isn't saying much) here.

My second favorite zone is the one I never go to anymore and is based on MI. Purple Andrith, or.. RWZ - whatever that stands for, I forgot. The last zone they made. That has initials like Rikti Warzone and is purple and looks like Andrith.

Zone chat was great the other day. People having fun/hanging out. No leetist crap. No complaining. I mean, complaining is fine.. but, nonstop with the same complaints/theme gets old. Someone brought up "I wish we had X" and it didn't even turn into a competition for who could point out the most features they wished the game had - matter of fact, there was only 1 reply, and it was someone saying, "yeah, me too".

Newbs were asking questions, getting help, joining Grabs and wanting help (yum - I mean, isn't the whole point of playing CO, to show off? errr..  : ))

*shrug* it was just nice. Made me feel more like when I started playing than when I stopped. I'm glad those cliquish groups of regulars are around. They were around before I showed up and are there every time I come back.

I luv the game just don't play it anymore. Much  : )
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 06:25:37 PM »
I don't remember how I got the Cannon, but it was from the Anniversary event.

I should probably be more precise-- I like the jungle part of MI with the beastmen, not the alien or lemurian parts.

As I said before, the only thing I use my vehicles for is when I make long treks. If I didn't fly to my chosen camp site, I'd never use them. Although Tako's chair was corrupting me into just burning the world.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 03:17:10 PM »
Party Cannon
Never mind.

It was me that sent you that. I just forgot all about it. Glad you enjoyed.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 02:43:09 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »
I finally figured I must have missed some auto-lewt message at login due to I always get spammed with a failed auto-lewt message at login since a year or more and have started ignoring login spam-msgs.

For what it is it's not only entertaining, it's highly functional. Not a huge recharge and it knocks mobs off their feet in a narrow cone in an entertaining way. I would have been real happy to start the game with something like that! It's kinda the new Party Ball. I'm glad I got a chance to try it out and it'll stay in my bags.

Some Faves: