Author Topic: The Power of Warlord (II)  (Read 2681 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
The Power of Warlord (II)
« on: December 10, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
The prices on DUCs now, is... Well, I think I never saw that many G's, ever. I'm including every G I ever earned on all toons combined.

It's probably at least partly due to you can't speed run Warlord anymore. The speed runs were half the fun of running through Harmon Labs. Magic Time. I think I never fully understood how they worked but I had most of it explained to me, and, like many CO players, I enjoy getting from Start to Finish in the shortest time, right down to the millisecond. This is probably due to we've all ran all the queues a billion times and this is the challenge that survives.

Now you have to scrapperlock your way through the entire thing, from start to finish, leaving no Mob un...arrested. Luckily, Warlord is still fun enough and the lewt is still uber enough. Even the Common lewts in Warlord used to give, like, 5G to a vendor before they changed its quality to common(?).. Now it gives like 2 Locals. That wasn't too popular with me, either. Warlord does at least still payoff similarly to a Smash, leaving it with an above average - average lewt.

I always liked running Warlord since my first toon (Unleashed) and I didn't even know what the uber rare lewt was. It's still fun to run (pinball?) the gauntlet to Warlord, and, this queue's still got the most coveted lewt. I'll be running at least an hour or so of it before it poofs unless it poofs today!

Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: The Power of Warlord (II)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 03:39:45 PM »
Still thinking DUCs are a myth. :D
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: The Power of Warlord (II)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »
They exist.. I couldn't afford to buy one, but, I did loot my second one right before being dis-immersed. I was having the best time of my CO life at the time. Great new Electricity build (finally......)  that I could name after one of my favorite CoH toons..Brand new DUC to outfit him with.. Full Justice gear on him.. And then *poof* dis-immersed. I was as immersed in CO at the time as any game ever. Kooky.

Anyway, yeah, they exist! What other content can you run in CO that gives fairly decent average loot, super uber ultra rare loot (or even just Good.. rare loot), and is fun to run on top of everything else.

"Nobody matches the Power of WARLORD!"

"Except uuuuuuuussss"

"run to balcony* *barrel roll off* *land perfectly in front of Warlord while firing off opening attack*

x1billion and counting
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>