Community > City of Heroes

If you could fight one type of gang or villain again, who would it be?

(1/8) > >>

jaknell1011:
I STILL really miss knocking clockwork off of the rooftops in Steel Canyon. Also Drek map farming WAAAY back in the day.

What AV or bad guy group do you miss the most? Maybe the least?

longtallbrad:
Steel Canyon!  I was trying to think of the name of that zone. 

What was the zone where you could fly through the hole of a giant donut?

I think for me I would geek out most over two sets of villains:

a) The nondescript hoods in the Hollows, just because my dozens of characters spent so many countless hours there
b) The funky snow monsters in the winter event.  I spent plenty of hours learning to time my sliding attacks on those frozen lakes, and I loved the whole ambiance of that zone - the alpine setting, the ski slope, the kitschy but haunting music...

Corona89:
Miss the most: Rikti

I don't know why but there was something so satisfying about killing them and watching them crumple to the floor.  Bonus points if the last hit had KB so they went flying into a wall, limbs flailing in that hilarious way that only ragdoll physics can deliver.

Miss the least: Malta/Knives of Artemis

They definitely lived up to their role as an endgame enemy group.  They could debuff you into the ground, chain CC you to death, and put out serious damage.  That's not even including the damn Sappers.  Two hits from one of them and your blue bar was completely empty.  Just like that, you've got no offense OR defense and the red numbers just came rolling over you until you either popped an inspiration or faceplanted.

KoA wasn't nearly as dangerous but every. single. mob had caltrops.  Especially in tight office maps, if you couldn't fly you might as well just get used to running in slow motion every fight.  The damn things stuck around after the mob that set them up died too so just killing them wasn't enough to keep it from happening.

Special mention to The Council for being the most boring, homogeneous group in the game.  Most of them were literally just recolors of each other with an extra power or two tossed in.  I did enjoy the "chuffchuffchuff" sound their Gatling guns made though.  Really made fights with them feel like mass shootouts with bullets flying all over the place.

Corona89:

--- Quote from: longtallbrad on December 17, 2018, 08:26:51 PM ---What was the zone where you could fly through the hole of a giant donut?

--- End quote ---

That was Faultline.

saipaman:
The 5th Column. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version