Author Topic: If you could fight one type of gang or villain again, who would it be?  (Read 7121 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: If you could fight one type of gang or villain again, who would it be?
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 10:28:09 PM »
That was Manticore.

Ah ok. Been a few years since I played,

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2019, 06:54:17 AM »
I loved fighting Freakshow only because of the very first time I encountered them.  I had won the battle and had turned to leave when one rezzed right up behind me.  I still beat it but it definitely caused me to soil my armor.  I miss this every day.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »
I loved fighting Freakshow only because of the very first time I encountered them.  I had won the battle and had turned to leave when one rezzed right up behind me.  I still beat it but it definitely caused me to soil my armor.  I miss this every day.

LOL. The first time I saw a Freak rez I was like "What the f**!"

This game had so many great mob types and looks - I kind of liked the Carnies look the best.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 04:30:04 AM »

That reminded me of the first time I encountered an ArchnoBot.  It was in a gray cave, probably Steel Canyon, anyway, I don't like spiders, and seeing a giant one crawling towards me, nearly made me scream like a little girl.  And I wasn't running a sonic blaster.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2019, 05:29:32 PM »
Arachnos (made me feel like i was a real hero/villain fighting them), Malta (Black Helicopters and robots !), the Gold Brickers were AMAZEING and i wish they had done more with them into the higher levels.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

AlphaFerret

• Boss
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2019, 11:57:18 PM »
I once declared war on Malta....if i ever saw them on the street, i would stop and "arrest" them.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2019, 02:01:27 AM »

Classic.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2019, 02:02:30 AM »
That reminded me of the first time I encountered an ArchnoBot.  It was in a gray cave, probably Steel Canyon, anyway, I don't like spiders, and seeing a giant one crawling towards me, nearly made me scream like a little girl.  And I wasn't running a sonic blaster.

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2019, 02:10:04 AM »
I remember encountering Red Caps for the first time and one of the enemies threw a person on you. I'm like "Did I saw a little dude hoped on my head and exploded or I'm just seeing things?"

kathena

• Underling
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2019, 10:01:39 AM »
I would take my plant troller  'Hot Pistil' back into Bricks and wipe out Council mobs! It was so much fun to see a Confused mob being crushed by creepers and lashed by my Flytrap  :)

That is a bangin costume.

Anyway, I'll have to go with Malta. Sappers were... you know. My first encounter with a sapper was not a victory. But I loved the stories surrounding them. And giant robots. Then again, the great stories applies to many groups. The CoT as well, they were particularly interesting to me.
"In which case, the only question I have to ask is this: How much explosives are you carrying?" -Shadowe

Garble

• Boss
  • Shy Weirdo
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:30 PM »
I liked CoT. I used to love those Oranbega missions where if you died, they took your body to a prison. Majadi was an archaeologist, so they kinda fit into part of her story.

Yes! CoT had a lot of variety. And the Ornabega maps were full of cool concepts, like the glowing crystals that would heal you, give you endurance or sap your hitpoints depending on their color. And the portals that would spew demons until you destroyed them. I like to solo those with my Illusion Controllers by hitting them with Deceive until they spit out demons that would destroy the portals themselves.

BitLoadR

• Lieutenant
  • <F6> <F6> <F6> ...
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2019, 08:13:30 AM »
I once declared war on Malta....if i ever saw them on the street, i would stop and "arrest" them.

First time I encountered Malta was after a low-level mission in The Hollows. Not sure what level I was, but they were purple none the less.
I put out a broadcast asking for anyone in The Hollows who could spare a few minutes getting rid of the thugs. And sure enough a couple of people showed up and made quick work of the mobs.
playing on Reunion as Star Jewel, Emberflair, Lumitia, Novaspark, Dawnshade, Mystfure, Ion Blaze, Heatstrike, more...

DawgTagz

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2019, 04:14:29 PM »
LOL. The first time I saw a Freak rez I was like "What the f**!"

This game had so many great mob types and looks - I kind of liked the Carnies look the best.

Yeah Carnies on Peregrine Island, and Circle of Thorns, Devouring Earth, Malta, Nemesis, Rikti.
Had a lot of fun at that parking lot with my dark/super reflexes scrapper "DawgZPaw"
"To do or not to do..."

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2019, 04:26:18 PM »
The family have been getting it from me lately. Funniest encounter so far was when I rounded a corner to see a plus 2 lost lieutenant but didn't see the boss with him. Perma mez ensued. An intervening hospital visit later and I was avenged.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2019, 07:13:28 PM »
Malta. They kept things interesting even on my god characters.

Mistress Bloodwrath

• Boss
  • Femme Fatale
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
I miss punching Nazis.

Bring me 100 Nazi scalps.