Author Topic: Winter Event 2018  (Read 16222 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Winter Event 2018
« on: December 13, 2018, 08:18:07 PM »
For the next 4 weeks the winter event is upon us. Presents all around dropping Winter Charm and mission AFs, but no missions yet (patch on Tuesday to fix this) except the daily mission. New costume pieces: bunny slippers, teddy torso and gloves.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11018963

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1212451/release-notes-12-13-2018

Kind of "meh" so far, but I need to get the white cat and kitten AFs, at least.

Stockings are now basically junk.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Winter Event 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 07:06:03 PM »
Still waiting for the toy soldiers..

Hey, I saw a Throne of Tako on sale last night - the only one in the AE, for... 1800Gs.. Wow, huh?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 02:40:32 PM »
Hey, I saw a Throne of Tako on sale last night - the only one in the AE, for... 1800Gs.. Wow, huh?
There are two types of Thrones. One is a normal Device. I see it listed for 1800.
There is also a Vehicle Device -- I see two now, one for 1500 the other for 1k. Yeah, these were some of the most popular items from Halloween.

The Null cat AF was listed for 3k, and I believe it sold, because I haven't seen it relisted. Null was a completely black and featureless shadow of a cat. It was a super-rare drop, and I never did get one. :\

I'm hopeful, but with low expectations that I'll get a cat AF from this event. They're in the polkadot crackers, and it seems that even the yellow crackers are extremely rare. After 3 days, I've only managed to get maybe 7-8 yellow crackers.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:45:49 PM »
There are two types of Thrones. One is a normal Device. I see it listed for 1800.
There is also a Vehicle Device -- I see two now, one for 1500 the other for 1k.

Had no idea..

What does the one that is a normal device, do?? You can use it as a travel power in combat?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 05:02:39 PM »
From the description, it seems that the normal Device only gives you the flight power. Outside of combat, your flight speed increases over time. I think the flight speed is higher for this device than the vehicle.

A Device that allows you to use Throne Flight when toggled on.
Counts as a travel power.
You cannot use any abilities while using this device.

Grants +20 flight speed while active. Outside combat, you build up speed over time.
After 4 seconds, you gain +30 flight speed and after another 10 seconds you gain an additional +30 flight speed.

I don't know if "abilities" means you have to turn it off for combat.

My Vehicle Tako Throne (bought from the Halloween store) came with flight, plus two offensive weapons: Flame Thrower and Tractor Beam, a slot for one more weapon, 1 defense slot, and 1 support slot.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2018, 05:49:28 PM »
They fixed that mission bug today. So you can turn in sets of broken AFs for 2 Winter Charms @ the Toy Master.

It might be me, but the normal Charm drop rate on mobs seems better. Maybe the RNG just likes me today.

Other stuff done:
    Added Snowball Roll and Blizzard costume transformations to the event store. (100 Winter Charms each)
    Added High Five emote to the event store. (100 Winter Charms)
    The new Emotes and Costume Transformations can also be obtained in the Striped Holiday Cracker. (I still have never seen anything but a Yellow Cracker)
    Added Squall archetype to the event store. This Archetype will appear in the store later on in the event. (750 Charms)
    Added additional exchange options in the Toy Master store. (random holiday costume piece = 2 Charms)
    March of the Mecha Soldiers open mission now requires defeating the mecha soldiers to progress through various parts of the open mission. This is to address players rushing ahead and leaving other players behind.

I'll make a retraction. The stockings aren't completely worthless. You can get gifts from them to give to other players and transmorgrification devices (toy cat & other stuff). Otherwise, they just drop the typical candy assortment. Eh... there are snowballs and a mistletoe, too, that makes people kiss you. :roll: So, there's some fun stuff. No Charms though.

Charms come from the presents dropped around the world. The presents have either Charms, Stockings, Boxes, Crackers, or Misfit Toys to fight. The Toys become Charms, Stockings, Crackers, or Boxes when you kill them. Boxes have the broken AFs for the Toy Master missions.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 07:41:39 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 02:39:51 AM »
March of the Mecha Soldiers open mission now requires defeating the mecha soldiers to progress through various parts of the open mission. This is to address players rushing ahead and leaving other players behind.

Yeah, still a good time for me to be playing something else.

I was looking forward to this queue and now I'm just unhappy. Like someone came in and farted.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 11:04:52 PM »
Yeah, still a good time for me to be playing something else.

I was looking forward to this queue and now I'm just unhappy. Like someone came in and farted.

Sorry!

I'm glad that you're here keeping me us up to date..

At least I don't have to login now and get the info that way!

FWiW.. Just as with Warlord, that they slowly sucked fun out of/vanilialized, I don't perceive the perceived problem as actually being a problem..

When racing, I can't ever remember ever leaving anyone behind to the point where they couldn't complete the queue (fight the boss fight) except in super rare circumstances, in Warlord. And in those cases - the worst thing that happened is that they had to go take a bio while we fought Warlord and then come back and loot.

What I do remember is some added excitement for the very high percentage of speedrun junkies that run CO queues.

Anyway - MyriVerse doesn't care about any of this, it was just a insignificant part of the news report... And neither does anyone else.. Soo.. I have to say sorry for sprinkling my nonhappiness. I promise to keep it to a minimum, and, thanks for the news!

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2018, 01:13:43 PM »
It has no effect on me at all, since I don't really do those missions. It was a race, not a team mission? One of the reasons I stopped doing the Halloween "rescue the hero" missions is because my team would too often leave me behind. Often, they would kill the main boss before I even got to the zone-in for the final part. I'm never really interested in rushing through anything.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:15:08 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2018, 10:25:38 PM »
It was a race, not a team mission?

Nawww.. Like Warlord, there *was* a race component to the Alert. But apparently the way we like to do things, these days, in CO, is to be required to clear the entire map before we can get to the end.

"You VILL enjoy our CONTENT!" *KAVHIP!* "ALLLL of it!" "Now, everyone, hold hands, and lets all skip to the end, together."

I'm never really interested in rushing through anything.

It's an acquired taste. You'll notice it most in players that like running the queues and have done so, so many times, that, running through them at record speed with flair is the main thrill left.

It has no effect on me at all

Yeah. Probably to no one else dropping by here, either. That's one reason why I figured I probably should apologize for inserting the negativity. I was just kinda looking forward to running that queue, and, running it the way I've become used to.

Anyway, sorry about the sour grapes.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
Don't worry about the grapes. Just speak your mind.  :P

Anyway, there's even less for me to do now that I've reached the event currency cap, and there's nothing at the store I want. Maybe Week 3 will be better.

But I've loved beating up teddy bears since I was a kid! :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 04:26:24 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 03:30:59 AM »
Anyway, there's even less for me to do now that I've reached the event currency cap

Must we go through this again with currency caps...?

*eyetwitch*

Torture! You torture me!

hehe
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 12:56:43 PM »
Typical event currency cap -- 800. I'm not sure I "get" the reasoning behind them.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2018, 01:42:43 AM »
If you were still in event-currency-farm mode then you could buy something to get you back under the cap that's sellable for G's is what I was thinking. Seems a shame to not farm currency because of a currency cap if you're having fun and doing well at it. The only Event loot that springs to mind that is sellable would probably clean you out, though. AT's.

I don't get why some currency limits seem so low, either. It takes a lot longer to reach the G cap than the Silver Champ cap, for example.

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 04:48:39 PM »
Week 3! Clarence is around! YAY!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11054153

Cool items in the store this week are an ice cape [see link] and a 24-slot Clarence Bag (both 400 winter charms). If I thought Majadi needed a cape, and if I were pro-capes (NO CAPES!), I might get one. The bag is tempting.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2018, 07:51:19 PM »
The bag is tempting.

hehehe.. I would explain why this is funny, but I'll just giggle to myself..

The bags are great! : ) I need more. They're lore (can only have 1), I think..?

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 01:42:42 PM »
If you were still in event-currency-farm mode then you could buy something to get you back under the cap that's sellable for G's is what I was thinking. Seems a shame to not farm currency because of a currency cap if you're having fun and doing well at it. The only Event loot that springs to mind that is sellable would probably clean you out, though. AT's.
Yeah, but I don't know if I can re-earn enough in time for next week's goodies. Earning momentum seems to dwindle as time goes by (burnout).

Hey, in further news: there are more kitties! There's last year's white rainbow kitten, and apparently, a white cat, plus I saw someone with a white rainbow sparkle kitty! Must haz!  The last is a drop from Clarence (and will probably be on auction for thousands), so I probably won't get.

There's also an Owl Head costume piece. I'm not sure what owls have to do with the holiday. It's a very realistic owl head, not cartoony like other costume pieces. I see it on auction for 2.5-3k.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 02:45:29 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 07:54:58 PM »
I'm glad someone's having fun! It beats reading technical specifications.. Lately, my gaming time is spent recovering from crashes and shopping for new PC parts. I can run STO better than ever (and my PC works fine, I just want to build a new one, I can't update video drivers on this one and this thing is ancient anyway) due to I've been tinkering with things since the crashes started, but, I never crashed so much. I crash in every part of the game, seemingly randomly, and usually not after very long. I can run maybe 2 queues in a row without crashing at best. I've crashed several times just sitting at the character select screen which has never ever happened before.

Anyway, good stuff  : ) I had no idea there was a rainbow kitten last year.. much less, the stuff from this year. I'd be playing but I'm still being a big baby about having (another leash) to clear another map I didn't used to have to.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 08:00:59 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 08:17:13 PM »
It's not just burnout that has hurt my momentum, but I spend all my time doing Clarence fights instead of running around opening presents. The payout isn't as high in event currency, so it wouldn't really benefit me to buy something to free up space from the currency cap.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 07:50:53 PM »
I had to scroll back - I haven't bothered you about cap limits, in.... dayyyys!

: )
Some Faves: