Author Topic: Winter Event 2018  (Read 16227 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Winter Event 2018
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »
Week 4: Winter Ends! YAY! 'Bout time?

One more week of Clarence shenanigans.

The owl head and neck warmer (formerly a drop) are now available in the event store for 400 charms each. *Nelson voice* HAHA! to anybody who paid thousands in the auction.

Doesn't look like I'll be getting any kitties, but I'll have to be happy with my Rainbow Sparkle Unicorn Teddy AF.

You also get a Nightmare Clarence and a "Holiday Nightmare" perk for fighting the Nightmare Clarence this week.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 08:33:51 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 07:27:13 PM »

The owl head and neck warmer (formerly a drop) are now available in the event store for 400 charms each. *Nelson voice* HAHA! to anybody who paid thousands in the auction.

This makes me think of Psionic Shield aura when Fire and Ice (?) was new. It wasn't dropping for anyone in the beginning and auras were still kinda new. When I got my second one I decided to sell it. The person who bought it is a well known trader and I sold if for....a lot. (1.5k maybe?).

They sell, for... what, now? 20Gs?

I had no way of knowing they'd become so common. When they dropped, to, like 100g, in, like... a week or two.. I really felt bad! I didn't feel bad enough to refund.... but I did feel bad.

I thought the auras would be on par with Malvan Shields, which, sold pretty well and for a lot when Forum Malvanum was new.

Rainbow Sparkle Unicorn Teddy

How could this possibly be more......magical?

I often think what a shame it is you weren't posting when other people used to post, here, more often. My posts were less fun and more like reading Ikea directions.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 08:02:58 PM »
For the past 5 days, I've done the Clarence about 10 times per day, and all I'm getting is trash.

I'm starting to wonder if I've reached some kind of loot cap or if the RNG just really, really hates me. I mean, I see other regulars getting stuff, but nothing is coming my way. I'm wondering why even bother.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2019, 03:40:10 PM »
I'm wondering why even bother.

Either for the fun or the lewt or both : )

The thrill of Maybe? That's what keeps me running Warlord queues. Well, and I still like running Warlord.

I never got into Clarence fights for some reason. I'd run the toy soldier queue over and over again but I always passed on Clarence. I never remember any loot from him that tantalized me is probably why. Never got any loot from the toy soldier run, either, but it was fun for some reason. I think it was the racing aspect. That they removed.

RNG doesn't hate you it just wants to see you more : D So in reality, possibly, it luvs you..

That really helps, huh..

I'm going..

: )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2019, 09:07:41 PM »
Maybe it's just the RNG. I got a few not-so-bad things today. That was a really long dry run though.

Don't think the RNG loves me. The way it treats me is like a woman who keeps giving me the wrong phone numbers. I'm only just desperate enough to like the mistreatment. :P Today, she gave me her temporary spam email addy.

When I say I was getting trash, I'm being literal. I was throwing out everything I got. Well, I kept the mistletoe and snowballs.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:07:03 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2019, 01:18:52 AM »
I ran Warlord for years, hundreds of times or more, before my first Depleted Uranium Yum. And then I got another one soon thereafter and have yet to see another.

I have exactly one Valerian Scarlet costume piece and I looted it right before I stopped running the queues regularly.

Actually, now that I think about it, I got all that stuff right before I stopped playing regularly.. Stuff I never thought I'd see. Had a great new Electricity build, and look, I never thought I'd see. It was a really good time until it wasn't!

What is it you're going for anyway? Sorry! I forgot, and a quick previous-post-scan didn't reveal anything either. You already got the bag, huh?
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »
Still hoping for kitty AF drops. The only reason I play is for the vanity stuff like that. However, I did recently buy two practical items (not related to the event) - transport devices to that Irish pub and RenCen. Cuz sometimes, you need to get a beer quick. 8)

I don't want it to sound like this entire event has been bad for me, because it hasn't. I've had some nice drops. It's just that string of days was really bad. Almost all of the store items haven't really appealed to me much, but I did get that icicle cape even though I don't like capes.

I haven't gotten the bag... yet. I'm debating whether the 2 extra slots is worth it. But my event currency is maxed and there are less than 2 days left of the event. We'll see. Last year, the rainbow kitty AF was available in the store long after the event was over. Just about a month before this year's holiday event, it was still at the event vendor for like 650 charms, but I didn't have enough left. I'm waiting to see how this ends to make big decisions.

Or who knows... CO just might still be around for next Christmas.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 02:39:44 PM »
Heh! Rainbow Sparkle Kitten on auction for 4k. I don't luv kittehs that much!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »
Still hoping for kitty AF drops.

I haven't gotten the bag... yet.

Aha!

I went for the bag, right off. Of course.

Forgot the Kitty was a drop!

Heh! Rainbow Sparkle Kitten on auction for 4k. I don't luv kittehs that much!

I've never even had 4k at one time and I'd have to have a lot more than 4k sitting in the bank to spend that much on an action figure. Sooooooo... yeah, I'm with ya.
Some Faves: