Author Topic: Strange display in official I12 update  (Read 5354 times)

Uriel

• Underling
Strange display in official I12 update
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »
after updating Mids, Ithe area where you select your powers is displaying:

• ~ Header Item ~
  • Enabled
  • Disabled Item
  • Selected Item
  • SD Item
  • Invalid Item
  • Automatic Multiline
    Item
  • ~ Scrollable ~

It's pretty much unusable to me at this point. It should be noted that I am running Mids on Linux through Wine, I don't know if this has something to do with it or not. Any help would be appreciated or at least confirmation that I'm not the only person with this problem. If all else fails if someone could provide me with a link to the previous version of Mids I would be happy enough.

Mids

• Elite Boss
Re: Strange display in official I12 update
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 06:37:20 PM »
I take it changing the archetype or loading a saved build doesn't correct it?

It sounds like it's showing the uninitialised list control. I'm afraid i've not tried it under Linux with Wine myself, so at the moment I'm not sure what to suggest.

The old version 1.3 can be downloaded from http://www.fusionforce.us/mhs/MidsHD13.zip
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Uriel

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 06:43:13 PM »
Correct, I've tried loading a saved build and doing new/clear, nothing seems to fix it, if theres any kind of trace or anything I can do that would assist correcting this problem, both for myself and in case there should happen to be any other Wine/Linux users having the same issue

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Can you send me a screenshot? Sometimes that helps me spot something.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Uriel

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 06:57:13 PM »

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:22:41 AM »
I've just heard from another user who runs it with Wine, and they're reporting it's working okay. I'll mail them and ask for details of their setup.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

veovisx

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:29 AM »
I too am having issue's with your new build major graphical glitchs. opening a saved toon or switching archtypes/powersets does not fix the problem. I'm running XP sp2.  and have .net framework 3.0 last time I checked.... here is a screenie:

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 11:16:37 AM »
Wow... that's... pretty special. :o

Make sure you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed as well as 3.0, they can both be installed together side by side, and 2.0 is the required version. Aside from that... Um... I have NO idea what's happened there.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

veovisx

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »
yes i have 1.1, 2.0, and 3.0 installed, but I think the problem had either something to do with the installer for 1.4 that I downloaded or the unofficial i12 patch that we've been using while you worked so diligently. anywho I got it to work again right, I reuninstalled mid's, then deleated all associated folders (excepting the saves folder  ;D), and installed with the 1.3 link you provided, and let it update as normal. and now it looks right as rain. couldn't tell you what happend. but if anyone else also has the same problem I did, now you know  ;D

Uriel

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 11:23:05 AM »
Tried everything, cleared out the old version, and did a clean install of the new, tried doing a clean install of the old version and updating from within that (originally updated from a patched version for I12 stuff before Mids got the new finished), updated Net 2.0, got the latest gdiplus.dll I could find, everything still gives me the messed up display. so going back to the old version with the patch, and will keep checking back with the main version everyso often hoping something randomly got working right. Should there be any other Wine users who have suffered this problem PLEASE let me know, especially if you had it and managed to fix it, but even if you didn't perhaps between us we can figure something out

clpatrick7

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2008, 07:46:12 PM »
i cant load a old build i just get an error
ihope its not lost i use it all the time
plz help

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at Hero_Designer.clsDataX.GetOriginByName(Int32 iAT, String iOrigin)

<trimmed for readability>
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:29:26 PM by Mids »

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
Can you email me a copy of the build file so I can check it to see what's happening? Sending to the email address in the designer's About box would be fine.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

clpatrick7

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2008, 08:10:16 PM »
 :)  ok i emailed you the file

thx again for looking into it

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2008, 09:36:11 PM »
Okay, I know exactly what's wrong there.

You're attempting to open a build for an Arachnos Widow saved by a v1.3 designer which has had VEATs added into its database (by someone other than me). Unfortunately, because of differences between the 3rd party modified data and mine in this instance, the save file has some values that don't match up.

I've tweaked it and fed it through human-readable import, and with the exception of a couple of empty enhancement slots, it's been recovered, and emailed back to you.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.