Author Topic: Dr McAfee the Sinister  (Read 2379 times)

Marine X

• Minion
Dr McAfee the Sinister
« on: December 22, 2018, 07:59:22 PM »
Just realized yesterday morning that I was missing the Christmas Event. So I started Paragon Chat, let it load the update. I hadn't been on in a couple weeks so I was really looking forward to it. When it finished I logged on and BAM!, it crashed and a message popped up, McAfee Live determined a virus was taking control of my computer. It then showed me the Offending Virus, Paragon Chat! No Ignore or dismiss options and no close X. Damage was done, it had already purged all my characters and progress and crippled the program. I tried a Restore to the last restore point but my Toons were gone. I had a Database back-up from May 2018 and once I loaded it, ( after uninstalling McAfee Live of course ) everything is back to the May 2018 Profile. All those Costume Salvage and Candy Canes I got at Halloween are GONE. So if you don't Back-up your Database, do it now and often. Only takes a minute, but imagine what you could lose.
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: Dr McAfee the Sinister
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2018, 03:50:21 PM »
Yes. The whole PChat folder will fit easily on the cheapest of USB drives. That's where I put mine every week or two.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!