Community > Comics and Other Media

The Orville Season 2

(1/11) > >>

MyriVerse:
Well, I really, really hope this episode wasn't indicative of what this season will be, or it will be the last... that I watch, anyway.

This episode was a real bore-fest. Bortus is such a horrible character at this point. He never does anything. This plot went nowhere. Of course, none of the B-plots in this episode went anywhere, and there was no A-plot. So, we were left with a complete waste of an episode. It might be impossible to spoil this episode because of the utter lack of meaningful plot.

Not a way to start a season.

Tenzhi:
I didn't hate the episode, but it was all over the place with too many things going on.  And none of the things really amounted to anything.  Gordon's little story annoyed me the most.  It felt... contractually obligated. 

GamingGlen:
It was still better sci-fi than no sci-fi.  And the more they show Grayson (Palicki) the better *sigh*.

I didn't mind all the sub-plots, but I do agree it needed an A-plot. Perhaps it could have been a link between episodes having a major involvement in a 3-episode A-plot, which this episode downplays a little (A-plot blows up to be a major crisis in episode 3).  But what do I know about writing TV shows?

MyriVerse:

--- Quote from: GamingGlen on January 01, 2019, 02:57:47 AM ---It was still better sci-fi than no sci-fi.

--- End quote ---
It was lucky to be on a holiday Sunday. It's now moving to Thursdays and tougher competition. In the future, I might even decide to watch reruns on H&I (TNG) or Comet (Bab5).

--- Quote ---Grayson (Palicki)
--- End quote ---
I'm kind of irritated with her. Whether she and Mercer are together or not, she knew the feelings were still there before she ever stepped foot on the ship. Yet she wants to tease him with this "it'll hurt your decision making" nonsense. Whether they're together or not, it's going to hurt his decision making, and she knows making decisions isn't his strong point.

GamingGlen:

--- Quote from: MyriVerse on January 01, 2019, 07:00:03 PM ---I'm kind of irritated with her [Grayson]. Whether she and Mercer are together or not, she knew the feelings were still there before she ever stepped foot on the ship. Yet she wants to tease him with this "it'll hurt your decision making" nonsense. Whether they're together or not, it's going to hurt his decision making, and she knows making decisions isn't his strong point.

--- End quote ---

That has always bothered me, too.  I don't understand why high command would approve of it, unless they thought the ex would keep the on-shaky-ground captain in line.  Perhaps Seth sold the idea to Fox executives as a way to increase tension and drama in the show with hilarious results and now have to follow up on it. 

I felt that way about the whole pee once a year thing: a one-line joke they decided to follow up on.  It's probably meant to parody Amok Time from TOS (Spock's once per 7 year "itch") but I think it's a poor parody. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version