Author Topic: Vikorin Finally FIXED!  (Read 4186 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Vikorin Finally FIXED!
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:13:25 PM »
In a continuing effort to suck all the fun out of the game for...me? Vikorin apparently has been 'fixed'?

I saw in Trade, last night, that they rigged it so he is no longer soloable and you have to have a full team.

Vikorin was already a big pain in the ass. If you were good enough to get to him, and defeat him, for his questionably nice lewts.... then you deserved it. I know there are people that could run through faster and easier than me, but, I'm guessing... not many. I only made solo Vikorin runs when I wanted to test a build or be challenged, or.. maybe brag a little..

~~~

Dug these up just for fun...

This is from November 2013.. I have no idea why it's so small or why I have no Defeat screenie from that year..

January '14...

January '15...

« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 02:41:55 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ZeeHero

• Minion
Re: Vikorin Finally FIXED!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:29:30 AM »
The only developer working on the game believes in everything but letting players play how they want and to have fun. Kaiserin should never be allowed to touch game development in any respectable game company, but PWE is not one of those.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:01:12 PM »
in any respectable game company, but PWE is not one of those.

That's a totally cheap shot! I guiltily LOL'd. I've got no real problem, that I can think of right now, with PWE, but that still made me laugh.

I nearly completely dodged all the nerf-hate for quite awhile, but, like it or not, and I don't, I sure seem to have it now. I dunno why stuff like this gets a reaction from me like it does, but it obviously does. Enough to post about it anyway. I mean, my Vikorin run days are probably in the past, and have been for awhile, so, I dunno why I even care what they do to him.

Was the average player *really* getting hurt in nerfs to ancient content that has been the way it is, since, forever? In the case of Warlord and whatever that Toy Soldier run is called, wasn't their pain, more, confusion - as to how we got to the end, faster? I don't remember ever leaving anyone behind for rewards.

As for Vikorin. For Vikorin to be easy, I'm gonna go out on a limb(?) and say you're a 1%er. If a 1%er is making easy Vikorin runs, well, hummmmm.., let him, he earned it, huh? At the least.

*shrug*

I mean, changing things that are years and years old for no apparent real positive gain can be... souring. To me. Apparently.

And, dammit, get off my LAWN!

hehe

*shrug*

: )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ZeeHero

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 05:24:56 AM »
Yeah back then I had many characters who could solo vikorin even some of my "squishy" dps characters could if I was careful and played right. now? havent tried it havent been on CO and not motivated to lol.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 07:24:09 PM »
I was playing, some. Then got out of the mood fairly fast. I'm glad to read Myri V's posts! It's nice to read new stuff about the game from someone playing and having fun.

*shrug* the game's as good as it ever was. I'm sorry I got un-immersed. I miss it. It totally wasn't out of boredom or due to the game itself. Who knows what it actually was that did it but it's done.
Some Faves: