Author Topic: How to access "locked" areas in maps?  (Read 3212 times)

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
How to access "locked" areas in maps?
« on: January 11, 2019, 05:01:01 AM »
There are a few maps (Skull Drug Lab and Frostfire off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's others) where some areas are locked because they rely on a script that says you had to defeat a certain enemy to get past. Obviously, we don't have bad guys to fight, so is there another way to get past these doors?

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
Re: How to access "locked" areas in maps?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:24:05 PM »
Every mission map and city map in the game is available if you know the right way to specify the resource path to that map file, and you create an entry in Paragon Chat's zone.cfg file.

Fortunately, your fellow CoHer's have your back. Check out this thread: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11188.0

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 02:09:47 AM »
Yeah, I have that. The problem is that once I'm IN the maps, the doors to the drug lab and Frostfire's inner sanctum, respectively, are locked (They say something like "You cannot enter" when clicked). I'm looking for a way to open the doors within the maps.

slickriptide

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 06:25:18 PM »
They're not "locked", they simply don't do anything. The kind of linkages you're trying to use are those that were managed by the original game server. There isn't any server managing those things in Paragon Chat. The City zones exits only work because Codewalker wrote in special code to recognize them and load the linked map as, essentially, a hard-coded link.

The mission maps don't have those links for the most part, and any that do are not recognized as such by Paragon Chat. You have to make that transition manually, using /mapmove.

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 04:11:23 AM »
...let's try this another way. Is there any way I can teleport to a location within a map that's blocked by a door? is there a command where if I knew the "Loc" coordinates, that I'd be able to just pop over there?

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2019, 06:55:39 AM »
Use Icon.  There you can bypass the restrictions and also type in coordinates.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2019, 09:42:00 PM »
They're not "locked", they simply don't do anything. The kind of linkages you're trying to use are those that were managed by the original game server. There isn't any server managing those things in Paragon Chat. The City zones exits only work because Codewalker wrote in special code to recognize them and load the linked map as, essentially, a hard-coded link.

The mission maps don't have those links for the most part, and any that do are not recognized as such by Paragon Chat. You have to make that transition manually, using /mapmove.

The doors in question aren't linked to anything, they're the doors that are spawned in some mission maps and are "locked" until some event, such as defeating a particular enemy, unlocks them.

PChat doesn't know what to do with them so it's probably creating them as a generic unopenable door, like the unassociated doors found throughout city zones.

An analog already exists in the Praetorian underground -- freestanding doors that don't link anywhere but simply open when clicked. PChat supports the specific flag to enable that behavior, so it'll be a matter of finding what sort of door beacon or group properties exist on the mission doors and applying the same thing to them. Not too difficult but hasn't been a high priority since mission maps aren't natively supported and can only be loaded with mods.

...let's try this another way. Is there any way I can teleport to a location within a map that's blocked by a door? is there a command where if I knew the "Loc" coordinates, that I'd be able to just pop over there?

There isn't a command for that, no.

If you have coordinates of a point past the door, you could log out (to character select would be enough, don't have to exit completely) and use a SQLite editor to modify the character's saved position in the database.

emperorsteele

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 05:10:33 AM »
That sounds a bit beyond what I had in mind. But okay, I thought I had just been missing something obvious or whatnot. Thanks for the responses, all =)