Paragon Chat > General

How to access "locked" areas in maps?

(1/2) > >>

emperorsteele:
There are a few maps (Skull Drug Lab and Frostfire off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's others) where some areas are locked because they rely on a script that says you had to defeat a certain enemy to get past. Obviously, we don't have bad guys to fight, so is there another way to get past these doors?

slickriptide:
Every mission map and city map in the game is available if you know the right way to specify the resource path to that map file, and you create an entry in Paragon Chat's zone.cfg file.

Fortunately, your fellow CoHer's have your back. Check out this thread: https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=11188.0

emperorsteele:
Yeah, I have that. The problem is that once I'm IN the maps, the doors to the drug lab and Frostfire's inner sanctum, respectively, are locked (They say something like "You cannot enter" when clicked). I'm looking for a way to open the doors within the maps.

slickriptide:
They're not "locked", they simply don't do anything. The kind of linkages you're trying to use are those that were managed by the original game server. There isn't any server managing those things in Paragon Chat. The City zones exits only work because Codewalker wrote in special code to recognize them and load the linked map as, essentially, a hard-coded link.

The mission maps don't have those links for the most part, and any that do are not recognized as such by Paragon Chat. You have to make that transition manually, using /mapmove.

emperorsteele:
...let's try this another way. Is there any way I can teleport to a location within a map that's blocked by a door? is there a command where if I knew the "Loc" coordinates, that I'd be able to just pop over there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version