Author Topic: Nightmares Week  (Read 6704 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Nightmares Week
« on: January 25, 2019, 02:44:53 PM »
Don't think I've done the Nightmare Invision thingy before. Might check it out.

Demon horns costume pieces.
Chains coming out of your back.
Various skeleton pieces.
Quadruple meh for me.
Some fashion-conscious pieces... maybe.

Hmm... there's a kitty (Ink Kitten -- already see it in the auction for 9,999g LOL)! And some weird flying vehicles.

Star drops will no longer stack to 999 (only 20).
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1212680/release-notes-1-24-2019
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:17:35 PM by MyriVerse »
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Nightmares Week
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 05:16:08 PM »
Don't remember this thingy, either..

I wonder if the auction is an expensive gag like when we had the 10k keys for sale awhile back.

If so, then, this's already been done.... *yawn*

(hehe)
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2019, 06:14:53 PM »
There have been Nightmare Invasions since 2016.

Based on previous kitty AFs, I don't think this one is a gag. But I'll be qliphotic if I'll pay that much. :P

But I won't complain if it should happen to drop.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »
There have been Nightmare Invasions since 2016.

Joined my first STO Fleet in early '16 and that's ~ the time regular posts stopped, here. So ... yeah, I coulda missed this until now or it didn't leave an impression. It sounds familiar.

There was someone auctioning the AF all day yesterday without a price. What drops it?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 05:59:45 PM »
Joined my first STO Fleet in early '16 and that's ~ the time regular posts stopped, here. So ... yeah, I coulda missed this until now or it didn't leave an impression. It sounds familiar.

There was someone auctioning the AF all day yesterday without a price. What drops it?
The Nightmare Colossus open mission.

There's also a Terror Fenny that drops, but it doesn't seem as rare as the kitten. Several of them in AH for 600-700g.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:40:50 PM »
Overnight, prices on the Ink Kitten AF dropped to a more reasonable 800g.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 05:40:21 PM »
Overnight, prices on the Ink Kitten AF dropped to a more reasonable 800g.

~ the cost to auction something for 9999Gs, huh. I just never had that kinda currency to toss away as a gag in CO.

Hummm I don't remember a nightmare colossus. Can be I completely missed this up to now.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 02:07:32 PM »
In a nutshell, the event is Qliphothic creatures vs Lemurians with the city caught in the middle. Qliphothics are opening portals, which need to be shut down. The Lemurians are building some kind of towers, which need to be shut down. The Colossus, a giant cosmic skeletal chicken, spawns in three locations around the city.

The daily missions are one for Qliphoths, one for Lemurians, and the Colossus, but the Colossus is also an open mission you can do nearly unlimited times. I guess you can roam the city and take out the Qliphs and Lemurians without getting the missions too. In my experience, you need teams for these fights, but maybe a DPS toon can handle them.

If I had a character that they suited, I'd probably like the dozen or more various animal skulls, but it's a pretty dull event, imo, and not fun like the holiday events or even the Gulch event.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 04:39:53 AM »
Don't think I've done the Nightmare Invasion thingy before.... Might check it out tomorrow.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:24 PM »
Yay! I win! This makes up for not getting the Null kitteh... but not the rainbow kitteh.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2019, 03:22:52 PM »
Grats! Just in time, huh?

He *is* a dark lil ink spot.. is he levitating or what's up, there...? lol

You caught me sneaking offline yesterday when I shoulda been doing something else. I'd just taken on a few groups of those Q zone mobs in Ren Cen. They were like.... groups of Q zone mobs.. I can win but I have to keep on my toes. I didn't fight enough groups to know if they were using the special attacks that they have in QWZ - I went for the brute force approach. Well, and it'd been 45 days since I put my tights on last so my fingers had to remember a thing or two. In QWZ, if you know all the mobs special attacks it helps a lot in figuring out who to melt first, which, can help tons. I won a few fights, lost a couple. No lewts at all that I noticed.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2019, 03:44:32 PM »
Yeah. He just floats around you near the ground with little drops of ink around him. I had to put him on a ledge to make him that high. When you summon him, he appears out of a large pool of ink.

Also, the price has dropped significantly for these in the AH -- down to as low as 200-300g.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »
He floats? That's cool. I was wondering what was up. I can't see the ink spots. The summon out of a pool thing sounds good, too.

Someone in CO is apparently really into AF's and Cats.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2019, 08:11:47 PM »
AFs are probably really simple things to design and reskin.
Cats seem to be every bit as popular to CO players as the Internets.

I would like to see more dogs. We have several wolf AFs, but maybe something like a mastiff. Not really for me, but maybe chihuahuas too.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »
I would like to see more dogs.

Me too. We used to have one that came here, sometimes.. I forget his name. Bro? Nuuuuu... *shrug* hmmmm

Some Faves: