Author Topic: Punks in the Sand? Rock the Casbah? Huh?  (Read 5695 times)

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Punks in the Sand? Rock the Casbah? Huh?
« on: February 15, 2019, 02:39:19 PM »
The robots in the Gulch are acting up again. Apparently, there's a new robot costume. Rustbucket, or something? This go-around doesn't seem as fun as the last one. Supposedly, this is going to be for 2 weeks, if you trust the web page.

And unrelated, there's a Punk Lockbox for punk/rocker type characters. I did grab some Doc Marten-style boots in the auction. Maybe I'll get the leather jacket, too (looks more 80s Michael Jackson than punk, but okay).

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1212780/release-notes-2-14-2019
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Punks in the Sand? Rock the Casbah? Huh?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
Kinda on topic .. whenever I see cowboy stuff I think of Kaos Arcanna and the dog I was referring to in your last post is Brou. I've been trying to call them out for awhile and it occurs to me that I hope all is well with those two! Your presences are missed.

Completely on topic.. It seems like at least half the auctions lately in Trade are for Radical costume pieces.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:46:07 PM »
Yeah, radical pieces are the new bling. That's the boots I got. "Radical?" HA! All of this seems more teeny-bopper pop than the radical I grew up with. Sid's spinning in his grave, probably. But maybe he was doing that, anyway. ;)

Also new this week is a Midnight archetype. Some kind of darkness-related powerset, but I have no details beyond this:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11091833

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 01:14:51 AM »
I've leveled a few AT's. Inferno...Marksman...Soldier...Mind..Radiant..Devastator..Automaton (just for Rocket Punch...) and won some of the first FM's with an Unleashed. Are AT's still unaffected by DR or did that finally get blown away due to.. reasons?
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:24 PM »
Fwiw.. DR is diminishing returns, which, I'm pretty sure you know. And, fwiw, I'm not nearly as crusty as the semi-retired CO players that posted when I was all happy about the game.

: D

There was talk there for awhile about removing the uberest feature of AT's so I thought I'd check.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 01:21:09 PM »
Yeah, I have no experience with ATs as they currently are. Part of my spousal-enforced "parole" is that I get one character. Period.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 08:49:39 PM »
Week 2 of Gulch is mostly the same. There's a new Dino Maw Helmet costume piece.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11097123

I'll probably walk away with that second horse vehicle (the silver one). Nothing else really interests me.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2019, 04:04:03 PM »
Got my horsey. And prices dropped erm... "radically" on the Radical Jacket (from 500 to 345), so I snagged one of them.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 08:21:29 PM »
Got my horsey.

I'm guessing a horse vehicle, flies. There was talk of some ground vehicles awhile back but I think it was all wishful thinking.

And prices dropped erm... "radically" on the Radical Jacket (from 500 to 345), so I snagged one of them.

For.....? I mean, you already have all the costume pieces you would ever ever ever ever-ever need iirc....? teasemode: off
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
The horse is a rocket with a horse head (and a machine gun poking from its chest). I posted a picture of the black one last time this event happened. This time, I got the steel/silver one.

For.....? I mean, you already have all the costume pieces you would ever ever ever ever-ever need iirc....? teasemode: off

Not counting any new costume pieces, like this one, that pique my interest. :P I've always said that the only reason I'm around is for vanity things like new costumes, vehicles, and AFs. There's a 1 in 100,000 chance I might actually use the jacket for something (note: out of the 12-15 new costume pieces, this is the only one I got-- still thinking about the mohawk). I dunno what... but something. For instance: the last time I changed my costume at all, it was for DJ Winter's 80s/synthpop party.

Ground vehicles are a "never can do," according to the devs. It would require a complete overhaul of the coding. Something about location only being a single point and in order to do ground vehicles, they would need to determine the front locations and rear locations and the incline of the ground and whatnot. The only ground vehicles doable would be something like a unicycle.

Edit: The jacket clips kinda poorly with Majadi's hairstyle, so I'm already having buyer's remorse a bit. But it's not too bad, I guess. She already has better jackets... blech... Mohawk might solve the issue.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 09:06:15 PM by MyriVerse »

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »
Not counting any new costume pieces, like this one, that pique my interest. :P

Hehe

They're forever fixing clipping problems so that jacket might end up getting tweaked.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2019, 03:10:37 PM »
If not, I won't blame them. Majadi's hair is kind of a mop of dreads. If I ever use the jacket, I'll just have to do something else with her hair.

Unrelated to the event(s), I saw an old "winter" White Cat AF for sale. So, Majadi gets another cat (#16).

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 09:13:53 PM »
So, Majadi gets another cat (#16).

!!

: )
Some Faves: