Author Topic: Can we please get access to the data?  (Read 4044 times)

Zombie Man

• Elite Boss
Can we please get access to the data?
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:03:27 PM »
I really do appreciate all the hard word you do for this site and making this data available. However, it has been very frustrating over the past half a year that the front end access to the data keeps changing in ways that keeps breaking access to part of the database.

Right now we have to chose an AT in order to get to powers. Well, what if I want to see an Accolade's power? Why do I have to choose an AT first? And when I choose an AT, there are not accolades listed under that AT. So, where's the Accolade power listings?

When I choose a power and then get to the drop down menus, I say, "Aha! I can use the drop down menu to get to the Accolade powers!" I drop down 'Temporary Powers' and that puts me right back to the front end AT choice menu!

The Accolade powers are there, but all the fancy front end work is making it inaccessible.

Perhaps when you experiment on a new front end, you can leave a link to the old front end. Or maybe one of the Titan partners can mirror the database so that if this site goes down or the front end behaves wonky, we still have access to a complete search of powers.

Thanks for listening to my rant! And again, I do appreciate all your hard work on this site. Just please stop teasing me with hiding the goods... I need my hard data fix!  :D

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
Re: Can we please get access to the data?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 12:33:35 PM »
I really do appreciate all the hard word you do for this site and making this data available. However, it has been very frustrating over the past half a year that the front end access to the data keeps changing in ways that keeps breaking access to part of the database.

Right now we have to chose an AT in order to get to powers. Well, what if I want to see an Accolade's power? Why do I have to choose an AT first? And when I choose an AT, there are not accolades listed under that AT. So, where's the Accolade power listings?

When I choose a power and then get to the drop down menus, I say, "Aha! I can use the drop down menu to get to the Accolade powers!" I drop down 'Temporary Powers' and that puts me right back to the front end AT choice menu!

The Accolade powers are there, but all the fancy front end work is making it inaccessible.

Perhaps when you experiment on a new front end, you can leave a link to the old front end. Or maybe one of the Titan partners can mirror the database so that if this site goes down or the front end behaves wonky, we still have access to a complete search of powers.

Thanks for listening to my rant! And again, I do appreciate all your hard work on this site. Just please stop teasing me with hiding the goods... I need my hard data fix!  :D

Hehe, I missed out on all the drama in my absense.  Never realise people care so much until something goes wrong.  Hopefully you're happy again with the quick nav restored to functional status :)