Author Topic: How to install Paragon Chat in Linux, with wine  (Read 13632 times)

Sonarr

• Boss
Re: How to install Paragon Chat in Linux, with wine
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 03:44:32 AM »
I'm very eagerly awaiting more info on that native Linux IslandRum.  I'm currently in the boat of unable to use Tequila due to dotnet35 install errors, unable to use IslandRum for Linux as I cannot set the install path, and unable to use IslandRum for Windows as it tries to download remaining files and stalls despite me having just grabbed them from a magnet link and moved them over manually.

If anyone else has run into any of these issues and found a way forward, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you!

My desktop installed dotnet35 with no problem, but my laptop resisted.  I think the difference is an older version of winetricks on the laptop.

If you're using the most up to date version of winetricks already, then nevermind me.  :)

-S

Sonarr

• Boss
I've determined that the WINEDEBUG trick for getting around the mousclick issue is unnecessary.  The debug process slows everything down (as stated before), but also is the cause of the instability.

Turns out, if I just open the PChat launcher several times, eventually one will let me click properly.  If I'm lucky, it happens within the first round.

On a related note, I think I learned this lesson early on, with Island Rum (.exe version) when logging into the Homecoming servers.  Eventually I can use mouseclicks, and I've never had a stability problem.

-S