Author Topic: Massively Overpowered Article: Secret server running for years?  (Read 5487 times)

therain93

• Elite Boss
https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/15/score-city-of-heroes-emulator-leak/

So.... that was an interesting,  if unsurprising revelation.  For what it's worth,  I hope people don't begrudge them for not sharing access.. it's simply not a legitimate solution and shining daylight on it will get it shut down.    At least a few may have gotten to enjoy it/ can continue to enjoy it if this is true.
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

therain93

• Elite Boss
Re: Massively Overpowered Article: Secret server running for years?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
Yes,  well known,  respected names that have made great contributions to the community before and since closure.  Given its circumstances,  CoH is technically not theirs to give out.  Everyone may be calling it SCoRE, but if the tale s true,  that team name is a misnomer as this is not a reverse engineered server that would have at least some legal ground to stand on if released into the wild,  but outright stolen code,  theft.  As much as many have wished and fantasized that a copy of the code culd be leaked, there are all sorts of ugly legal implications that go along with it. Just because knowledge leaked,  people shouldn't be getting their hopes up about getting access to it.

Is it a bit painful knowing that a few people might be able to play -- that's a matter of perspective,  but access to the game ceased for many of us years ago and yesterday's news hasn't changed that (el,  except for a few less people having access...). Therefore one has to choose their attitude:  "I got to play a great game", "I  may get to play that great game again", or "I so dearly wish to have that game/girl/Maseratti Quattroporte that I will let my emotional health and possibly some or all the world around me go to hell as I potentially debase myself while feeding this desire to have something that really isn't within my reach. "  The first two are much healthier than the lattermost.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 12:33:03 PM by therain93 »
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:13:21 PM »
At least waiting for the consequences of this revelation will give us something new to fill our time.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:35:34 PM »
At least waiting for the consequences of this revelation will give us something new to fill our time.

Might I suggest....
https://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php?topic=8327.0

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
Hi! We're discussing this over here.  New Efforts.  Come join us.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran