Community > Task Force Hail Mary

The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release

(1/341) > >>

Super Atom:
Edit since first

An article for those looking for some info.

https://massivelyop.com/2019/04/18/the-city-of-heroes-private-server-team-has-released-its-code-to-the-world-but-not-the-characters/

SilverAgeFan:

--- Quote from: Super Atom on April 16, 2019, 04:19:43 AM ---I feel so betrayed. I don't know which website or who on it can even be trusted anymore.
--- End quote ---

It's funny. Coming here after reading about the SCORE thing on Massively. I too feel sad and betrayed (in relative proportion considering that Notre Dame was almost/arguably fully lost today).

For years, CoH was my one game, my only game. I miss it dearly. It helped me survive a really nasty multiyear battle with illness. I've had friends I met in game pass away since the game was closed, all of us awaiting a dream of its return. I think about the game and miss it still, probably at least once a month. And man, that tease about original character and account data still existing...

I still miss my stable of several dozen, never-PL'd concept characters, dating back to the first month the game went live. I've been quietly watching the various spiritual successors and public retrofits for the game, and biting my tongue, as none of them seemed to be progressing at a rate that, in my estimation, would bring a playable game into my life prior to 2030.

So tonight, upon catching wind of this story, I'm just really sad. It's not about not being included. (I participated in a lot of end game content on Triumph back in the day, but just the same, I was never quite in the clique. Got a lot of "who dis" when joining incarnate raids, even though I actually lead them on many occasions.) It's a reopening of the sense of loss I felt over the game going away. Nothing has ever come close to what I enjoyed about CoH for the years it was up.

Noyjitat:

--- Quote from: Super Atom on April 16, 2019, 04:19:43 AM ---I feel so betrayed. I don't know which website or who on it can even be trusted anymore. To be honest, i now no longer trust anyone involved in anything. These people that never truly lost CoH could have been here lying to everyone the entire time while gleefully playing the game like nothing ever happen. Sickening.

--- End quote ---

Yeah well maybe access to this hidden server will appear soon. I always suspected something like this existed and that paragon chat was mostly to keep us busy until the real thing was available. That said I just wanna play again before I die so I really don't care as long as that happens...

You know I feel sorry for the mods here because I'm sure lots of angry posts and threads are going to be deleted/moderated over the coming days.

Surelle:
For seven years this issue 24.5 CoX private server has been running now. No one is going to be inviting anyone else, or letting in anyone else, and any implications that the leakers (whom I do not know whatsoever-- I'm just reading about this on FB, Reddit and MassivelyOP like everybody else not involved is) somehow jeopardized our getting in is total bunk.

Seven years.

The dev or devs behind this didn't hand Leandro and SCORE all the code, a compiler and a distributor years after the shutdown; they all lost their jobs with the shuttering.  They handed this off before the game shut down.

Super Atom:
I don't want to point fingers at anyone. At this point I'm just sad and anyone innocent doesn't deserve to be accused of anything like this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version