Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 262173 times)

Super Atom

• Lieutenant
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2019, 11:08:06 PM »
Death threats are inexcusable but claiming it was going to be released in a couple weeks but now isn't going to be isn't very believable. If anything, its more of a reason to do it sooner.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2019, 11:12:09 PM »
A part of me snickered and got a thought of "hey, how about we hail mary them by emailing them a bunch of pictures of capes to hope they actually follow through" but there's no way that wouldn't just be abuse, and just like death threats, I won't condone outright harassment.

That really cant be overstated. These people don't need to be hounded, or threatened.

We just also don't need to believe them when they say nice things like this.
Woo! - Argent Girl

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2019, 11:16:23 PM »
Reread the pcgamer article. Leandro updated it. https://www.pcgamer.com/a-fully-functioning-city-of-heroes-private-server-has-somehow-been-kept-secret-for-six-years/

The best part of that article -- NCSoft neglected to comment on this story.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »
[Edit: Removed quoted message]

It's not even any of our faults.

I

1) Never sent threats
2) Heard about a private server as a rumor but never sought it out
3) Only ever wanted to play CoX again

It's the "fault" of someone none of us were even involved with in the decision being made to go public... but hey, prove me wrong SCORE, release it.

Even if we only get what you have, it seems to have MORE FEATURES than i24 had...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:28:49 AM by TonyV »
Woo! - Argent Girl

Super Atom

• Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2019, 11:35:44 PM »
I was being sarcastic :p but i think you know that, just need to clarify in case!

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2019, 11:37:56 PM »
Reread the pcgamer article. Leandro updated it. https://www.pcgamer.com/a-fully-functioning-city-of-heroes-private-server-has-somehow-been-kept-secret-for-six-years/

I am angry and saddened by the news that I might not be able to play my characters. With that said, to make threats to someone is inexcusable. Yes it sucks, yes people can be mad, but to threaten someone. No. :(
The only chance I have now to play, is slim to none (I am still hoping for some kind of deal for the buyers.). We are heroes and villains we need to do better. (I know villains dont normally do better. There have been instances where they did.) :)

@Golden "The best part of that article -- NCSoft neglected to comment on this story." Yea I read that too. Which means there are two things that come to mind. One they dont care. Or two they cant comment on due to legal reasons.
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Brigadine

• Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2019, 11:41:41 PM »
The best part of that article -- NCSoft neglected to comment on this story.
I hope that means something. Say they might actually sell to someone. They didn't announce legal action and I find that interesting.

weenus

• Minion
  • the life of the search party.
« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2019, 11:50:59 PM »
Man, these "We were gonna do X but not now because you all ruined it" is just so reminiscent of aspects of domestic abuse it's amazing.

It seems awfully conveniently that Willa Wonka was just in discussions to let the villagers into the Chocolate Factory after years of a select few getting to play it, but I can understand how many the significance of the date was an impetus for the plans.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2019, 11:51:04 PM »
There is also a considerable time difference between here (the USA) and their headquarters.   You may wake up to learn NCSOFT is going for the nuclear option.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »
I don't know what to say right now.... I'm speechless.......

weenus

• Minion
« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2019, 11:54:55 PM »
I am angry and saddened by the news that I might not be able to play my characters. With that said, to make threats to someone is inexcusable. Yes it sucks, yes people can be mad, but to threaten someone. No. :(

There's no point in even trying to explain rationally how death threats are bad. The people who do it are not intelligent or rational. Over the past decade, how much press has been directed at death threats, how many stories about it have been used to paint entire communities in a poor light over the actions of a handful of people.

Any rational person knows death threats do nothing, absolutely nothing, but hurt their own cause that motivated them in the first place. This has been well established over years and years of the internet and yet idiots still do it. If countless news articles and media coverage and just the results based evidence can't convince them that it's wrong, no one from any community is going to be able to convince them that it's wrong.

powerfuse

• Underling
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2019, 12:01:19 AM »

beak

• Underling
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2019, 12:07:31 AM »
I got a DM last night that will blow this whole thing wide open.   

this what happened in the last game i played hackers ruined it for everyone dupin rares and gold and just anything to cheat there no extened maintenance there trying to catch the hacker  and we pay for it so unless people don't let GM'S know of wrong doing's in the game it we ruin it and there we not be a COH IT WELL BE GONE TO THE AMERICANS!!!!!!!

This is how it start's jerk hacking (dupin)?

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2019, 12:16:52 AM »
Hey Guys!

I know everyone is angry and can understand your pain, but we as a community need to stand up. Be happy that not only do we finally have a confirmed fully fledged working game, but our old account data with our characters are safe and alive!!! I don't know how the rest of you feel about that, but for me I am pretty damn stoked. There is finally a chance for all of us to play again. I honestly can't wait to be either invited or for a public release. Thank you Leandro!

I also want to mention that Leandro has updated the article on PCgamer and it looks like something is on the way with the upcoming 15th anniversary public event just next week. Sounds like something good is coming out of that!

One last thing.. Please guys do not act stupid and start threatening peoples lives with ultimatums and death threats. It is not that serious for someone to lose their life over something virtual. This game cannot sustain you in the real world. It does not pay your bills, put food on the table, or even put breath in your mouth. Personally I thank the one above for that. All in all please let us all come down to a level where we can start to work together even though we may not be devs or anything of the sort lets keep it positive!

Something is on the way. Keep your heads up!

weenus

• Minion
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2019, 12:24:58 AM »
Hey Guys!

I know everyone is angry and can understand your pain, but we as a community need to stand up. Be happy that not only do we finally have a confirmed fully fledged working game, but our old account data with our characters are safe and alive!!! I don't know how the rest of you feel about that, but for me I am pretty damn stoked. There is finally a chance for all of us to play again. I honestly can't wait to be either invited or for a public release. Thank you Leandro!

I also want to mention that Leandro has updated the article on PCgamer and it looks like something is on the way with the upcoming 15th anniversary public event just next week. Sounds like something good is coming out of that!

One last thing.. Please guys do not act stupid and start threatening peoples lives with ultimatums and death threats. It is not that serious for someone to lose their life over something virtual. This game cannot sustain you in the real world. It does not pay your bills, put food on the table, or even put breath in your mouth. Personally I thank the one above for that. All in all please let us all come down to a level where we can start to work together even though we may not be devs or anything of the sort lets keep it positive!

Something is on the way. Keep your heads up!

He stated in quotes for other articles that these plans have been scrapped and any potential plans for anyone else touching the game have been pushed back significantly because of recent events.

So now not only are we aware that we could be playing a game we've had no access to for years, but it's also now our faults that we won't be accessing it anytime soon. :|

All of which is basically just insult to injury. I personally do not think we will ever touch this game, the longer it gets hoarded beyond this point where it is public knowledge and multiple press outlets have contact NCSoft putting it further on their radar, the less likely it is that we will get our hands on it.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:10 AM »
On a slightly different note. Any chance of shooting the Sentinel stats to the Mids team now that the cat's out of the bag? :D

Voltixdark

• Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: April 17, 2019, 12:34:36 AM »
He stated in quotes for other articles that these plans have been scrapped and any potential plans for anyone else touching the game have been pushed back significantly because of recent events.

So now not only are we aware that we could be playing a game we've had no access to for years, but it's also now our faults that we won't be accessing it anytime soon. :|

All of which is basically just insult to injury. I personally do not think we will ever touch this game, the longer it gets hoarded beyond this point where it is public knowledge and multiple press outlets have contact NCSoft putting it further on their radar, the less likely it is that we will get our hands on it.

I think you need to go back and read the article. Here is what Leandro said in the 6th paragragh

"Leandro clarified that while the SCORE server wouldn't be made public, eventually the source code behind it would be. Because of the legal risk once the project was made public, Leandro says the team has pushed back a release in order to get it as feature-complete as possible."

And was stated in the article in quotes

"The last discussion on an open event leading to a public release was for the game's 15th Anniversary, which is coming in just a couple of weeks."

To me something is coming. Don't throw all your hope out. There is still light!

Thanks

Super Atom

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: April 17, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »
I think you need to go back and read the article. Here is what Leandro said in the 6th paragragh

"Leandro clarified that while the SCORE server wouldn't be made public, eventually the source code behind it would be. Because of the legal risk once the project was made public, Leandro says the team has pushed back a release in order to get it as feature-complete as possible."

And was stated in the article in quotes

"The last discussion on an open event leading to a public release was for the game's 15th Anniversary, which is coming in just a couple of weeks."

To me something is coming. Don't throw all your hope out. There is still light!

Thanks

Feature complete, you mean like the sentinel archtype and other stuff that was never in the game? Flimsy excuse.

Exercitus

• Underling
« Reply #98 on: April 17, 2019, 12:40:39 AM »

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: April 17, 2019, 12:50:25 AM »
We all know CoX could never be feature complete.  We'd always want more.