Author Topic: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release  (Read 269251 times)

Azrael

• Elite Boss
Re: The Shot Heard Around Paragon City - SCORE Public Release
« Reply #900 on: April 20, 2019, 05:40:43 PM »
I am totally fine with getting my bearings until august for the most stable one.

Until then, I'm gonna have fun and test out alts so I can hit the ground running then.

An alting I will go,,,,

Aye.  It's a dizzying time, this week.

For the less tech' minded for myself...I guess it's a chance to 'have a play.'

Whilst the 'bullet proof' and 'server for dummies' versions come out.

It's a matter of 'when' not 'if' now.  Seismic week this has been in the 'lore' of the CoH community.

And we've still got the 15 year anniversary on the 28th to come.  I'm beginning to wonder if this 'leak' wasn't part of some Nemesis plot...

I know if Ironwolf has anything to do with a server it'll probably be carved out of granite. 

Trade somebody else's soul to be walking (I did say walking folks...) around Galaxy, putting the old energy and bonesmasher blap combo on some red mobs.

You know.  In the rough side of town.

Azrael.

Adam Infinity

• Underling
« Reply #901 on: April 20, 2019, 05:45:00 PM »
Is it ok to ask what happened to Arcana and Codewalker?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #902 on: April 20, 2019, 05:54:52 PM »

Haven't seen any posts from Arcana this week.

Codewalker is on Paragon Chat, I think.

Though, as an aside, there is that '15 year' anniversary announcement on April 28th.  I should imagine Codewalker will have his hands full with that.  Who knows what that 'announcement' will entail.

I'm intrigued by it.  Whether it's tied to the events of this week, we can only guess.

Though, I think Leandro's statement earlier this week suggested that the 'server' was going to be released in a couple of weeks.  That could have been tied to this '15th year' anniversary.

But I'm only speculating.  And that's all it is.

Azrael.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #903 on: April 20, 2019, 05:55:45 PM »

Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #904 on: April 20, 2019, 05:57:02 PM »

Cryptic clues.

My favourite... ;)

(I thought it said Tequila at first...)

Azrael.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #905 on: April 20, 2019, 06:04:29 PM »
What the status is so far:

All i24 stuff is complete and can be packaged to distribute - except for:

- Costume stuff is messed up
 - and apparently the maps.db file could use a scrubbing (there's a few player names in it IIRC ?)

The i25 stuff being used now will be rewritten - it isn't stable over 200 players

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #906 on: April 20, 2019, 06:26:02 PM »
Can we please not call it "Issue 25"? It's mostly powerset modifications, it doesn't have any of the story content that would have been in a real I25!
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #907 on: April 20, 2019, 06:34:08 PM »

- and apparently the maps.db file could use a scrubbing (there's a few player names in it IIRC ?)

The i25 stuff being used now will be rewritten - it isn't stable over 200 players

i24 complete and can be packaged to distribute.  That's progress.  (With some additional 'minor'? de-bugging on costumes and some map 'scrubbing' of player names.

i25.  Currently in use.  Getting a re-write.  To help boost it way over '200' players.  Pretty sure that glass ceiling will be broken real soon.

That sounds like real progress.

Thank you for the updates, Ironwolf.

You communicate frequently as progress is made.  It keeps us all in the loop.

Appreciated.

Azrael.

Vella

• Minion
« Reply #908 on: April 20, 2019, 06:37:32 PM »

I'm not sure if that's a good thing.   :D

Would it be possible to distribute a stable i24 to servers then update to i25 at a later date?  Or is the goal to get i25 ready for distribution first and send it out as one complete package?

Can we please not call it "Issue 25"? It's mostly powerset modifications, it doesn't have any of the story content that would have been in a real I25!

What is the possibility of adding story content past i24?  I know it would involve more than just writing a story (scripting, etc) but I think the CoX community has some talented people.  Most emulators/private servers I've been on never add content past what the official live servers had but I think it would be interesting to see what the community could come up with.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #909 on: April 20, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »

Perhaps it will have.  One day.  I think it's ok to call it i25 for now (in the absence of anything else...)  After all, they preserved the game in the context that they did.  It's lucky they did what they did.  Or what wouldn't have this last 'week' as hotly debated and raw with emotions as it was.

I think it's the first 'issue' where the community has carried on the torch from the dev's.  Sounds like it's got extra powers in and other improvements.  And being called 'unbroken shard' has it's own narrative in terms of preservation of the game for the CoH community to enjoy.  I'm ok with that 'narrative.

When the 'tools' for 'story content' (eg Mission creator, LUA scripting, Map designer...) are eventually created (matter of time) then the i25 can be rounded out.

Once those tools are created...anything could happen.  There won't be anymore 'official' issues.

But that's the beauty.  The community can now create their own lore, their own issues, their own shards, their own experience of CoH...their own flavour of COH ice cream.

It won't be i24 in perpetuity.  That will be just a starting base for the CoH community of communities.

Azrael.

Vella

• Minion
« Reply #910 on: April 20, 2019, 06:46:00 PM »

But that's the beauty.  The community can now create their own lore, their own issues, their own shards, their own experience of CoH...their own flavour of COH ice cream.

That will be just a starting base for the CoH community of communities.

Azrael.

CoX multiverse where every server is an alternate reality with it's own story.  ;D

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #911 on: April 20, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »
I have a question. Does AE work too?

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #912 on: April 20, 2019, 06:48:39 PM »

What is the possibility of adding story content past i24?  I know it would involve more than just writing a story (scripting, etc) but I think the CoX community has some talented people.  Most emulators/private servers I've been on never add content past what the official live servers had but I think it would be interesting to see what the community could come up with.

Well.  That's where the CoH community, I suspect, will be different.  (See my comment above.)

Not only has the game been preserved.  A narrative all of its own.  But I suspect the 'modding' tools the devs themselves used or variations of them will follow once i24 has been re-written to be more stable and more efficient to...

...use more modern dev' tools to add content and improvements.

Once there are tools for maps, missions etc.  You'll be able to create your own narrative.  Issue 25.  26.  27.  28.  Your own maps.  Your own 'batallion' story arc. 

Possibly some will quietly canvas the ear of the original developers to get the skinny on the plans the moonbase...or the batallion plans.  (I think that was the near 'final' plans they had before shut down...)  But they hadn't got that far on those...just a 'bug pass' required for the launch of i24 which never made it.

But again, the community can use their own imagination and modding tools to do this.  Eventually.

There will probably be 'large communities' on a large set of servers that may cluster to create a more 'official' line of content that alines with the dev's plans as Matt Miller outlined in his final farewell interview.

But again.  We'll see.

What we do and don't call things from this point on?  Largely semantics.

But the 'never ending story' will continue.

Fairly convinced on that....

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #913 on: April 20, 2019, 06:49:38 PM »

CoX multiverse where every server is an alternate reality with it's own story.  ;D

Uhuh. :D

Succinctly put. ;P

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #914 on: April 20, 2019, 06:50:11 PM »

Now...that's a good question...  (Especially given the current discussion...)

Azrael.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #915 on: April 20, 2019, 09:23:27 PM »

As reported by Massively Op, you can call it "Unbroken Spirit" as it's alternate name.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #916 on: April 20, 2019, 09:38:34 PM »

As the server reports:
Architect Entertainment's servers are currently down for maintenance. You can still edit and test local arcs or finish playing existing arcs. Note, unlocked content may appear unavailable until the server is back online.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #917 on: April 20, 2019, 09:53:35 PM »
I can't believe we care. They could call it space herpes for all I care.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #918 on: April 20, 2019, 10:49:14 PM »
As reported by Massively Op, you can call it "Unbroken Spirit" as it's alternate name.

'Unbroken Spirit' is a good name.  Issue 25 for me.  Is fine.

It's the first 'independent' release with modifications since the shut down.

Cool name.

....and....

Azrael.

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #919 on: April 20, 2019, 10:49:53 PM »
As the server reports:

....and....with the AE...we can create some 'story content' for unbroken spirit?

Azrael.

PS.  Discretion re: the earlier posts.  I guess 'modded.'  Whilst possibly true...we may have a care not to prod the wasp nest with a stick...